cheekyerica

POE what do we do?

5 posts in this topic

I hope I'm posting this in the right place :blush: I've read some different threads but I've just come away more confused than before. My husband and I will be flying into Newark next month :dance: So I'm the USC he's the UKC (with the special packet and x-ray CD he's supposed to have). He'll be entering on an IR-1. Can we stand in line together? In the same line? Or will he (or I have to stand in a separate line?) Do they make any of this clear at the airport?

If I stand in a separate line/same line and they need to hold onto him for a while can I go and collect our luggage rather than leaving it to wander over and over around the baggage carousels?

I'm curious about what to expect and what to do since directly after he clears we have to go pick up the cats from cargo etc.

Edited by cheekyerica

IR-1 DCF@London

Nov-9-2011 Mailed I-130

Nov-23-2011 Charged for I-130

Nov-30-2011 Rec'd email confirmation

Feb-18-2012 Rec'd notice I-130 accepted

Mar-12-2012 Rec'd Case #

Mar-16-2012 Mailed DS-230s & DS-2001

Mar-21-2012 Medical Appointment

May -9-2012 Visa Interview...Approved! :)

June 18th ...Fly home~~

Ask the employee who is helping herd people at the back of the line what line to go in. There are people to help direct you. Stay together.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

After checking his identity and taking his fingerprints and picture, the custom officer at the regular booth will send him to the secondary inspection office anyway. There, they will take care of his visa package and do the necessary paperwork, including having him sign a GC application. It can take several hours if there's a queue in there.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

I answered you over at DIA, but I couldn't remember for sure if you had pets coming, because I was also going to say that if you want to get out quickly you don't need to hang around with him: there is nothing for you to do so if you want to hop out early to collect the baggage and the cats then do so :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, I arrived on a K1 in February and brought my cat with me in cargo. I came through Atlanta. Just thought I would mention that I had to get my cat cleared through customs before I could collect him. Custom's close at 5pm in Atlanta (not sure if that is the case in Newark) but if it is the case and if your flight arrives after 4pm you may not have time to clear immigration and customs yourself before clearing your pets through customs. I arranged for someone to clear my cat through customs for me as my flight arrived mid afternoon. Just a thought. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.