nomore1596

I-134 question that kept me up all night!!!

6 posts in this topic

Ok heres the deal, I've been searching abd searching all over VJ and couldn't find a solution to my question or possibly I could've overlooked. But what I'm contemplating about is the issue of my previous tax transcripts. Ive read that one must meet an requirement of "x" amount of salary per "y" household members per the 125% poverty line. I didnt make much in the previous years of working which includes last years income tax due to the fact that i was still in school finishing up my bachelor's. But now I do have a job that allows me to make over the poverty line that includes myself and my fiance. Will my pay stubs suffice the evidence in proving that i can support her?

Second question, i do have two little girls but i only claim one when i fike taxes. Do i include both of them in the I-134 or just the one that I claim? And i did include them under my household count and i did meet the poverty line of 4. But as mentioned earlier, I havent worked there long enough to file a full years worth of taxes yet.

Sry for the long and possibly confusing description of my problem. Thanks in advance!!! please help!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey there,

I am not sure about your first question; my fiance and I have the same problem and a friend who did the K1 process a couple of years ago recommended to find a Co-Sponsor, so I recommend you to do just the same but maybe someone else has a different experience with that?

About your second question, as far as I am concerned, I think you have to include both girls, as she is still dependend on you.

I hope this helped a little.

Best regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok heres the deal, I've been searching abd searching all over VJ and couldn't find a solution to my question or possibly I could've overlooked. But what I'm contemplating about is the issue of my previous tax transcripts. Ive read that one must meet an requirement of "x" amount of salary per "y" household members per the 125% poverty line. I didnt make much in the previous years of working which includes last years income tax due to the fact that i was still in school finishing up my bachelor's. But now I do have a job that allows me to make over the poverty line that includes myself and my fiance. Will my pay stubs suffice the evidence in proving that i can support her?

Second question, i do have two little girls but i only claim one when i fike taxes. Do i include both of them in the I-134 or just the one that I claim? And i did include them under my household count and i did meet the poverty line of 4. But as mentioned earlier, I havent worked there long enough to file a full years worth of taxes yet.

Sry for the long and possibly confusing description of my problem. Thanks in advance!!! please help!!!

You currently earn enough, so that is what matters, not what you made last year. Include a letter from your employer stating position and salary, a few months worth of your most recent pay stubs, and your 2011 tax transcript. You can write a statement if you wish to explain that you were a student last year, but now have a job that allows you make more than 125% of the poverty level for your household size plus your fiancee.

All dependent children under the age of 21 are counted, regardless of where they live or which parent filed for them on their taxes.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

O ok that sounds good. I mean ive heard mixed answers on my first question as well. I thought about a co- sponsor as well. And thanks for answering the second question. But since i have split custody with my ex girlfriend, are my kids wholly deoendant on me or partial dependant? Im leaning towards partial. Could i be wrong?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

O ok that sounds good. I mean ive heard mixed answers on my first question as well. I thought about a co- sponsor as well. And thanks for answering the second question. But since i have split custody with my ex girlfriend, are my kids wholly deoendant on me or partial dependant? Im leaning towards partial. Could i be wrong?

Wholly.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.