Tiff&Babs

Co-Sponsor

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Vj'ers,

I am currently volunteering in Ghana and plan to begin the K-1 process once I return home. I have been in school for the past three years and didn't have much income outside of substitute teaching. I plan to submit required K-1 documentation after working for six months. If I am able to get a job in my field I will be make well over the minimum income requirements. Since I'll meet the minimum income requirements technically I won't require a cosponsor however, I am concerned because Ghana requires tax transcripts. Should I try to find a cosponsor or only submit my income information?

Thanks

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Vj'ers,

I am currently volunteering in Ghana and plan to begin the K-1 process once I return home. I have been in school for the past three years and didn't have much income outside of substitute teaching. I plan to submit required K-1 documentation after working for six months. If I am able to get a job in my field I will be make well over the minimum income requirements. Since I'll meet the minimum income requirements technically I won't require a cosponsor however, I am concerned because Ghana requires tax transcripts. Should I try to find a cosponsor or only submit my income information?

Thanks

I was in the same situation, in school, just starting a full time job when we got to interview stage.

I would suggest a co-sponsor, you and them need to provide the tax transcripts, letter of employment, paystubs and any other evidence needed per situation. With all the proof Israel didn't get one question about the I-134 and co-sponsor's. They want three years of proof, even with low income because of school I included my proof with a letter stating I was in school and only working part time. However, they really don't care. They want to see someone who meets the requirement as a co-sponsor. I didn't want to stress about this area of the interview.

Good luck!

Timeline

I was in the same situation, in school, just starting a full time job when we got to interview stage.

I would suggest a co-sponsor, you and them need to provide the tax transcripts, letter of employment, paystubs and any other evidence needed per situation. With all the proof Israel didn't get one question about the I-134 and co-sponsor's. They want three years of proof, even with low income because of school I included my proof with a letter stating I was in school and only working part time. However, they really don't care. They want to see someone who meets the requirement as a co-sponsor. I didn't want to stress about this area of the interview.

Good luck!

Thank you so much!I haven't even started the process and I'm already stressed. If you don't mind me asking, who did you get to cosponsor and how did you go about convincing them to cosponsor?

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Oh and does anyone know how I can post specifically in the Ghana forum? Thanks

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you so much!I haven't even started the process and I'm already stressed. If you don't mind me asking, who did you get to cosponsor and how did you go about convincing them to cosponsor?

My dad was my co-sponsor for both I-134 and I-864. I didn't have to do much convincing, just asked. I know for some its harder then others.

You can't specifically just post in Ghana Portal that I know of. There are regional forums which would be west Africa specific. But the portal helps to connect with the Ghana only folks.

Let me know if you have any other ?s

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh and does anyone know how I can post specifically in the Ghana forum? Thanks

we don't have a specific ghana forum, but we have a regional forum that includes ghana. i'll move this thread to there.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.