Eddie&A

221(g) Received at interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Well my fiancee had her interview and received a 221g. Apparently, they want evidence of my ex-wife's address with phone number if available. :wacko: They also want me to submit a letter indicating all addresses I've lived since 2007. I already did this on my I-129f petition. Would that not be sufficient? They also want me to provide my current mortgage or lease.

So, I sent the embassy in Laos an email asking if the addresses I put on the I-129f petition would be sufficient. Does anyone know what kind of evidence I need to give them regarding my ex-wife's address? I was never told to submit something like this before her interview. She did answer all of the CO's questions. So, it looks like I need to submit these items and then she will be issued the visa.

Please help me with this and let me know what evidence I need to submit. I appreciate in advance all of your help. :thumbs::yes:

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Make sure you provide all they are asking for !!! In my opinion if the divorce is recent (divorce and then a quick engagement) they may want to see that you are not living with your ex-wife currently (and to see whether she is or she is not included on the mortgage or the leasing agreement)

Regarding your ex-wife address may be you should submit some type of ID with her current address.

21/03/2012 - sent 129F to Dallas Lockbox
25/03/2012 - I129F recieved
26/03/2012 - NOA1
24/09/2012 - NOA2 text message
02/10/2012 - NVC left case sent to Bulgaria ;o)
15/10/2012 - Packet 3 recieved
27/10/2012 - Medical exam
29/10/2012 - Interview - APPROVED
25/11/2012 - POE Miami
01/02/2013 - married

AOS
02/01/2013 - AOS sent
02/12/2013 - NOA1 text and email
02/16/2013 - recieved biometrics appointment letter
02/26/2013 - biometrics appointment

08/29/2013 - received notice of potential interview waiver case

10/23/2013 - Interview approved ;o)

11/01/2013 - green card received

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well my fiancee had her interview and received a 221g. Apparently, they want evidence of my ex-wife's address with phone number if available. :wacko: They also want me to submit a letter indicating all addresses I've lived since 2007. I already did this on my I-129f petition. Would that not be sufficient? They also want me to provide my current mortgage or lease.

So, I sent the embassy in Laos an email asking if the addresses I put on the I-129f petition would be sufficient. Does anyone know what kind of evidence I need to give them regarding my ex-wife's address? I was never told to submit something like this before her interview. She did answer all of the CO's questions. So, it looks like I need to submit these items and then she will be issued the visa.

Please help me with this and let me know what evidence I need to submit. I appreciate in advance all of your help. :thumbs::yes:

Are you tyring to save paper in this process? Don't. Send what they ask for and nothing less. You need to give them what they ask for or they deny the visa. They can ask for anything they want on any particular case.

You need to submit these items and then they will DECIDE if they will issue the visa. Best evidence of your ex-wifes address would be a copy of an offiical document (drivers license) or some sort of mail sent to her (recently) Copy of a utility bill etc.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Are you tyring to save paper in this process? Don't. Send what they ask for and nothing less. You need to give them what they ask for or they deny the visa. They can ask for anything they want on any particular case.

You need to submit these items and then they will DECIDE if they will issue the visa. Best evidence of your ex-wifes address would be a copy of an offiical document (drivers license) or some sort of mail sent to her (recently) Copy of a utility bill etc.

No I'm not trying to save paper. Don't worry, I will definitely give them what they are asking for. I called my daughter and she said she would get some mail that my ex-wife received either today or tomorrow. I will call her back and see if she can retrieve a utility bill for april or even this month. Thank you so much for your input :thumbs::yes:

K1 Visa

Event Date

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Timeline

Make sure you provide all they are asking for !!! In my opinion if the divorce is recent (divorce and then a quick engagement) they may want to see that you are not living with your ex-wife currently (and to see whether she is or she is not included on the mortgage or the leasing agreement)

Regarding your ex-wife address may be you should submit some type of ID with her current address.

My divorce was many years ago but I understand what you are saying. No problem, I will give them what they want for sure! I don't want any problems with them. Maybe my ex will let me have a copy of her drivers license as ID along with some kind of recent mail. She definitely is not included on my lease since I live by myself. Thanks so much for your ideas; it really helps having more than one mind you know? :thumbs:

K1 Visa

Event Date

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

yes you should send or resend them even if you've already did send the information to them already. they may call your ex-wife and ask her questions. for us, they called my husband's (then fiance) uncles and ask them questions. they didn't not tell us (of course they wouldn't) that they would call his uncles (but it wasn't a problem). they had asked my husband for any relatives in US addresses so he gave them the address and they connected it with a phone number that they had on record. they had his uncles phone number from past records (like 10 years ago). i don't know if you want to supply them with your ex-wife's phone number...address would be fine i think so...but if you and your ex-wife don't mind them calling her then go ahead with the phone number.

good luck to you guys.

Edited by hnubno

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.