10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ members and thank you again for your endless support. Anyway, to make the Story short, my fiance(e) has arrived here in Guam on April 22, 2012 which is her POE and 19 days has passed by and we haven't done anything yet to start on her AOS or adjustment of status. We are planning to get married sometime this month but I still need some assistance on how to get started of getting our stuff together for her AOS. I read about this information about filling out a form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) within the 90 days. Has anyone of you guys already went through these process already? I really need some help to start out with these AOS process and the step by step procedures. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your support. god bless everyone..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please please read the guides.

I-751 is not adjustment of status it is removal of conditions. A completely totally different process for a completely different time. It is filed before expiration of the 2 year green card.

Follow the AOS guide -

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Please please read the guides.

I-751 is not adjustment of status it is removal of conditions. A completely totally different process for a completely different time. It is filed before expiration of the 2 year green card.

Follow the AOS guide -

http://www.visajourn...content/k1k3aos

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::guides: and then read them again!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm just kind of curious. If my fiance(e) filed for her AOS within 90 days and since her K-1 visa is only good for 90 days. I'm very confused with the 90 days thing? Is she on the safe side since we got married within 90 days? Do we have to follow up on anything after her 90 days visa Expires? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have a 5-6 month wait. Really nothing to do but wait for mail to come.

---

Hold the phone... you just posted earlier today saying you have not yet married... and you plan to marry in the next few weeks... and you asked about " AOS " and talked about filing the I-751 for AOS.... what did you file and how on earth did you file it when you are not married????

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

When you married within 90 days and you send your AOS after that you will be fine, your K-1 visa became invalid at the POE where you entered it is good for one entry only.

You have a 5-6 month wait. Really nothing to do but wait for mail to come.

---

Hold the phone... you just posted earlier today saying you have not yet married... and you plan to marry in the next few weeks... and you asked about " AOS " and talked about filing the I-751 for AOS.... what did you file and how on earth did you file it when you are not married????

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Sirdaniel42

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Friend,

You need to get married first (within 90 days of her arrival) before you file for adjustment of status wich is green card,forget the removing of condition for now,once you are married your fine no hurry to file for her gc,but if she decided to find a job & get a driver license then you wil need to start gathering her paper work,you can look at the guidelines here in vj forum if you are confuse.its another journey,another payment & waiting. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.