Prettywoman

K1 application..

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

If my fiancee filed a petition and the recieving location is in Spain for interview not in my own country of origin (because i live and work here), what are the common pre-requisite for the beneficiary aside for the documents needed in the checklist?... Does the consulate ask for my legal aspect here in Spain? Like legal documents, work, residency, apartment?... Thanksss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If my fiancee filed a petition and the recieving location is in Spain for interview not in my own country of origin (because i live and work here), what are the common pre-requisite for the beneficiary aside for the documents needed in the checklist?... Does the consulate ask for my legal aspect here in Spain? Like legal documents, work, residency, apartment?... Thanksss

Ahhh, you would not want to interview from a country where your current status was "illegal". Yes, they have full access to your passport, and may wonder where your visa is. I imagine if, for example, a work visa was also revoked, they would have access to this data if they so desired.

Timeline

Ahhh, you would not want to interview from a country where your current status was "illegal". Yes, they have full access to your passport, and may wonder where your visa is. I imagine if, for example, a work visa was also revoked, they would have access to this data if they so desired.

No, i've been here working legally for 5 years with a indefinite contract and with work and residence card.. Just wonder if it is relevant for the embassy about the status or is it ok for me to process my interview here where i am presently working and not where i was born or living for 25 years.. Or they ask about my legal aspect here... Thanksssss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No, i've been here working legally for 5 years with a indefinite contract and with work and residence card.. Just wonder if it is relevant for the embassy about the status or is it ok for me to process my interview here where i am presently working and not where i was born or living for 25 years.. Or they ask about my legal aspect here... Thanksssss

Yes, you can process from any consulate. You will just need provide police certificate from any country you resided for more than 6 months. They may ask about your residence, so you should bring documentation just in case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello! My former fiance was Peruvian living in Spain. The only thing necessary was the police clearance. It was very difficult and took a lot of time to get it from Peru (very simple to get the one in Spain). Other than that, he needed he brought his birth certificate (legalized), and his passport. I can't even recall if the birth certificate was required or if we had gotten that for the AOS process to be prepared in advance (but you will need it eventually anyway). Everything else is really just knowing your own history to fill out all the forms. I remember for the interview we had to have where he had lived for the past 10 or 15 years and also places he had worked for 10 years, schools he attended (names, addresses and phone numbers, some we had "unknown" b/c they were so far back). If you need to I can fetch my external drive that all the old docs are on to remmeber specifics...Happy Journey and Good Luck!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yes, you can process from any consulate. You will just need provide police certificate from any country you resided for more than 6 months. They may ask about your residence, so you should bring documentation just in case.

Ok...thanks a lot.. I already have it...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.