7 posts in this topic

Hi every one,

I am from India. I was approved for CR-1 (conditional permanant resident) at Chennai, India. I had given my father-in-laws address at Florida as mailing address during this process.

When my green card was approved and when I first came to the US, I never went to Florida but landed in Baltimore with my wife since job was in Baltimore. I never ever went to Florida, though the mailing address they had on file was Florida. USCIS sent my green card to Florida.

Should I have submitted an address change request when I entered US and landed in Baltimore? did I do a mistake by not filing it? I did not know I had to do it

Now I have filed ROC (I0751) from Baltimore. I have received NOA but still awaiting biometrics appointment. Will my not filing address change 2 years ago come up as an issue now. Please let me know.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If you applied for ROC using the Florida address, your biometrics appointment as well as any interview [which may or may not happen] will be in Florida.

You need to change your address with USCIS. You should have done that upon landing in Baltimore.

If you filed your ROC with the Baltimore address, you should be ok.

Edited by catknit

Hi every one,

I am from India. I was approved for CR-1 (conditional permanant resident) at Chennai, India. I had given my father-in-laws address at Florida as mailing address during this process.

When my green card was approved and when I first came to the US, I never went to Florida but landed in Baltimore with my wife since job was in Baltimore. I never ever went to Florida, though the mailing address they had on file was Florida. USCIS sent my green card to Florida.

Should I have submitted an address change request when I entered US and landed in Baltimore? did I do a mistake by not filing it? I did not know I had to do it

Now I have filed ROC (I0751) from Baltimore. I have received NOA but still awaiting biometrics appointment. Will my not filing address change 2 years ago come up as an issue now. Please let me know.

You are SUPPOSE to inform the USCIS within 10 days of moving to a new address using the AR-11 form as a LPR. Should your sponsor on the I-864 form move then they are to inform the USCIS of their move. This is because teh US does not have a national ID with your domiclie listed on it like some countries do. Now that you have filed for ROC with the new address, it is too late to file the AR-11 form. Will it come up during ROC? Maybe. Depends on the mood of the USCIS person assigned to your case and how much of an issue they want to make of it. I think it will not be a problem and not even be mentioned, but that's me.

You may not even have an interview. So relax and just go with the flow and get thru this part of the journey. Once you become a USC you do not need to tell USCIS about anying address change.

Good luck,

Dave

Hi Catknit,

Thank you for your reply,

I have filed ROC with Baltimore address.

But my question is, may sound silly, but I searched google and it says if I dont file change of address within 10 days of changinmg my address it is a deportable offence. But it also says USCIS has never implemented this. I am just scared since I did not file change of address 2 years ago will this come as an issue when they review my application even when they determine sending biometrics appointment.

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much. With 2 babies and trying hard to fight life these kinds of issues are the last I would want to fight. I received NOA to my Baltimore address (I filed from Baltimore). Now I am awaiting biometrics letter. Will they consider the address on the ROC petition or will they dig up my 2 years record based on A-number and try and find Florida address. I dint know I had to file the address change. I dont even know how florida looks like.

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much. With 2 babies and trying hard to fight life these kinds of issues are the last I would want to fight. I received NOA to my Baltimore address (I filed from Baltimore). Now I am awaiting biometrics letter. Will they consider the address on the ROC petition or will they dig up my 2 years record based on A-number and try and find Florida address. I dint know I had to file the address change. I dont even know how florida looks like.

Relax Buddy !....Forget the address in FL, You're now Baltimore, MD resident.

USCIS knows you at this Baltimore, MD address. Please don't start being paranoid like some other people on VJ !....

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Relax Buddy !....Forget the address in FL, You're now Baltimore, MD resident.

USCIS knows you at this Baltimore, MD address. Please don't start being paranoid like some other people on VJ !....

Thank you very much Cino,

That was comforting. I know I am getting anxious. We just had a baby a month ago and hence I am really worried that things should go correct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.