lisers76

Review of Panel Physicians in Toronto (Dr. Seiden's office)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got back from my medical at Panel Physicians (Dr. Seiden's office). It was a piece of cake! Nothing to worry about at all.

I had a hotel about 10 minutes away. The night before I walked to the building on Bloor to make sure I could find it. It is very easy to find. I left my hotel at 6:55 am and arrived at the office about 7:05. I wasn't there more than a minute when a lady walked up and asked what I was waiting for. I told her I was there for the medical. A man came up behind me as well and she let us both up to the office. Since I was first she made him sit in the waiting room and had me follow her to her office. In there I presented my passport, passport photos, vaccination record. She took my photos and cut them down a bit and glued them onto 3 different forms. One of them she handed back to me in a sealed envelope and told me that I am to take this envelope when I am finished with the whole process here down the street to the x-ray place. She took my payment (and my courier money) as well. She had me sign a couple forms and then led me right to an exam room. She kept my passport and vaccination record.

Once in the exam room I waited about a minute and the nurse came in. She told me to take off my shoes so she could check my height and weight, and then took my blood pressure and pulse. She had me sign a couple forms too. She then told me the doctor would be in soon and told me to take off everything except my bra and had me put on a paper gown. At this point it was only about 7:25 so I waited til about 7:30 and the doctor came in. He was a very nice guy! He had my passport, vaccination record and all the forms the first lady filled out. He copied the vaccination information onto his own paper, then had me sign some forms and handed me back my passport and vaccination record. He asked me questions about my general health. These were the questions he asked "Are you a healthy person?" "Do you have any chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes etc.?" "Are there any medications you take on a daily basis?" "How is your mental health? Ever been treated for depression or other mental illnesses?" "Do you smoke?" "Ever had a problem with alcohol, drugs etc.?" "Ever been arrested for a DUI?" That was it I think. Then he did a basic examination. While he was doing this he made small talk asking why I was moving to the US. When I told him I was getting married he congratulated me. He basically just checked my throat, felt my lymph nodes in my neck, had me breath in and out and then had me lie down and checked more breathing. He told me everything looked good and that the nurse would be back in for the genital exam where he assured me it is not a pap, or internal. She came back quickly literally took a peek and told me to put back on my clothes and go back to the waiting room and that someone would call me in to get blood work done.

I waited about 5 minutes in the waiting room (which now had about 6 or 7 people in it) and then was called in for the blood work. The lady asked me if I was ok with needles. I told her I was and they only take one vial of blood. I was in there for maybe 5 minutes tops and she had me sign that same form I had been signing everytime they did a procedure and she told me to take it to the front desk (which wasn't even open when I came in) and she then took my form and asked if the doctor had asked me to get any more information. I told them no and they handed me a map to the x-ray place. At this point it was only 7:50. I got to the x-ray place which is literally around the corner and they weren't even open yet. They opened at 8, so I waited around a few minutes. By the time they opened, they took my envelope and it was about 8:10 before they called me in. I was told to remove everything from the waste up and they then brought me into a room and had me stand in front of the machine and roll my shoulders into and they snapped a few photos. When I was done I signed another form, and brought it back to the front of the office and was told I was done. I checked my watch as I was walking out and it was 8:20.

All in all, it was extremely easy! Nothing to worry about at all!

Aos:

10-01-12. Sent AOS, AP and EAD

10-09-12- Recieved NOA's for forms

10-24-12- Successfully walked in for biometrics (originally scheduled for 11-08-12)

11-26-12- Made info pass appointment for emergency advance parole. Denied, but agent called service center to request an expedite.

11-28-12- Agent at Infopass called me to let me know service center approved my request.

12-01-12- Advance parole received in the mail (2 page version, not combo card)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I just want to second this review - I went in this morning and it was pretty much exactly the same! Got there at 7:30 and was taken right in to the office, presented all my records, she had me sign a few forms and then I was taken into the exam room. Waited a few minutes for the nurse, then a few more for the doctor, and the exam went exactly as above. Then straight to blood work, no wait for that so it was only a few minutes. I think I left for the x-ray around 8:10/8:15, and was walking out of the x-ray place at 8:30. So an hour total, not bad at all, and I still got to work for 9.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Was pretty much the same for me and our 2 kids too. We went back on June 5th and it was no problem. Got all our results and stuff via courier by the following Friday. Now just waiting for the interview on the 20th.

Yep, my daughter really appreciated this feedback. I'd gone with her on June 5th, too! She said everything was just as the OP had stated. We were out of the X-Ray just before 8:30.......... and did a little shopping in Toronto before our long drive home.

Now, waiting for her interview in Montreal, June 26th :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So the question is - when are your results available for pick up?

event.png

May 12, 2011: Married

Oct 14, 2011: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 18, 2011: NOA1

Mar 27, 2012: RFE rec'd - didn't like AZ marriage license!

Apr 05, 2012: RFE response rec'd at CSC

May 11, 2012: NOA2

Jun 04, 2012: Case rec'd @ NVC (24 days/15 business days)

Jun 13, 2012: NVC case # generated(9 days/7 business days). OptIn and 261 emailed.

Jun 18, 2012: OptIn accepted

Jun 20, 2012: AOS bill paid. 261 accepted.

Jun 22, 2012: AOS bill showing as "PAID".

Jun 25, 2012: I-864 packet emailed for EP

Jun 30, 2012: IV fee paid.

Jul 09, 2012: IV rec'd email per EP

Jul 12, 2012: CASE COMPLETE email (EP)

Aug 04, 2012: Interview scheduled for Sept 4th @ 0830a

Aug 08, 2012: Medical completed.

Sept 04, 2012: Interview in Montreal....APPROVED

Timeline

they fed ex for a fee though... its $50.....just to make that clear....its not a free service.

when I called to book my appt the girl stated the reports would be available in 2 days after 12:00 pm (noon) but I was not required to pick them up only at that time...I could go at any time during business hours.

she also mentioned someone could pick up my envelope should I provide her with the person's particulars.

hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

My daughter is turning two and I was just wondering, anyone with little ones that have gone through this? I'm just concerned if she will have to have blood taken, she never has. Or a chest X-ray. Also, is it the same price for her medical as mine? We just received our NOA2 and waiting on my packet now. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter is turning two and I was just wondering, anyone with little ones that have gone through this? I'm just concerned if she will have to have blood taken, she never has. Or a chest X-ray. Also, is it the same price for her medical as mine? We just received our NOA2 and waiting on my packet now. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

I would just call them and ask. My daughter was 15 when we went and she had all the same stuff done as me.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Children's medicals are cheaper - $150 vs $300 (Bring CASH!)

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/ExamCosts.htm

At Dr Seiden it is first come first serve Mon - Wed from 7:30 - 9am.

You would have to check the costs at the other physicians for a child, but the requirements would be the same. Make sure she is up to date on her immunizations and bring her immunization record to the medical.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/408027-review-medical-dr-seiden-toronto/

This lady had a 10 & 12 year old and the children didn’t require the bloodwork (I think that's to check for STDs) or the chest x-rays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.