FoundNanning

Question about Guangzhou' Interview Scheduling

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does Guangzhou give interview dates (Document Intake Day) on every weekday? In particular, is it possible to have a document intake day on a Monday or a Friday necessitating a weekend stay in Guangzhou?

Timeline

Does Guangzhou give interview dates (Document Intake Day) on every weekday? In particular, is it possible to have a document intake day on a Monday or a Friday necessitating a weekend stay in Guangzhou?

My wife's document intake day was on March 26, which was a Monday. Her body exam we did on the prior Thursday, in the afternoon, the results were ready Friday after 3 (we did it in Guangzhou). So, yeah, we needed to stay over the weekend. At least it gave us ample time to familiarize ourselves with the location of the consulate and the medical exam location.

We stayed near the Zhujiang New Town exit of the subway (the medical exam is like 100 steps to the right when you come to the surface, it's really close), but I think staying near Linhexi is a better idea, as your actual interview day is 7:30AM, and the trip from where we stayed was about an hour (walking, then subway, walking, again, and so on). The consulate is nearest the Linhexi or railway station exits. On the bright side, you take the same subway line (line 3) for the medical exam AND the consulate, you just have to change trains between them, AND it's the subway line out of the airport.

Hope this helps, a little.

Edited by Luigi

Timeline

My wife's document intake day was on March 26, which was a Monday. Her body exam we did on the prior Thursday, in the afternoon, the results were ready Friday after 3 (we did it in Guangzhou). So, yeah, we needed to stay over the weekend. At least it gave us ample time to familiarize ourselves with the location of the consulate and the medical exam location.

We stayed near the Zhujiang New Town exit of the subway (the medical exam is like 100 steps to the right when you come to the surface, it's really close), but I think staying near Linhexi is a better idea, as your actual interview day is 7:30AM, and the trip from where we stayed was about an hour (walking, then subway, walking, again, and so on). The consulate is nearest the Linhexi or railway station exits. On the bright side, you take the same subway line (line 3) for the medical exam AND the consulate, you just have to change trains between them, AND it's the subway line out of the airport.

Hope this helps, a little.

VERY helpful Luigi, both for myself and others in the future!

Anyone out there ever have a Friday Document Intake Day?

Timeline

According to the Dec. 6th announcement, doc intake will only be scheduled Mon-Thur, and interviews will only take place Tues-Fri. Can't find the link just now but I have the printed doc in front of me.

Edited by foofurrah

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Timeline

One other thing I want to add to my post above is that the consulate doesn't look like you would expect from the outside. And I think Baidu maps is a tad misleading it's diagonally across from a huge waterfall/fountain, and across the street from a park. The building faces the park, and you line up outside. There are a bunch of immigration help type businesses on the first floor. It's on the corner of Linhe Zhong Lu and Linhe Zhong Lu (at least according to Baidu's map of Guangzhou). It's on the south east corner of the intersection, facing west. Baidu's marker makes it look like it faces north.

I know we had a little trouble finding it, but we asked a police officer nearby and he was very friendly and told us exactly where it was. And fortunately, we went a couple days ahead to make sure we could get there on time.

So, just check it out beforehand, and you should be ok. Also, the address on the building isn't really marked, either. It has just one number (136, I think), if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck to both of you!

Timeline

I am here now I can tell you if you face the consolate building to the left and around the corner is apt style hotel 350rmb per night 2 bedroom kitchen everything with internet

Down stairs from the consolate office is a medical center and many visa advisory companies.

PS document intake for my wife was yesterday and today she passed her interview.

Edited by dave & joy

Timeline

I am here now I can tell you if you face the consolate building to the left and around the corner is apt style hotel 350rmb per night 2 bedroom kitchen everything with internet

Down stairs from the consolate office is a medical center and many visa advisory companies.

PS document intake for my wife was yesterday and today she passed her interview.

Congratulations!

Yeah, those places are expensive. Ours was "only" 180 per night, but like I said earlier, we stayed closer to the medical exam place, which was a bit of a mistake.

If you look on those "tuan" websites (meituan, 55tuan, etc.) you can find some deals. We saw some hotels going for 60% off right near the consulate. But my wife held out hope for a sub 100rmb/night hotel... didn't happen.

I guess your wife/husband is from Nanning?

I am from there too :)

good luck with both of us :lol:

jF5Jm7.png

AOS from F1:
Day0 -- 2012.05.08 Sent packet through USPS
Day1 -- 2012.05.09 Packet delivered at 1:29pm
Day7 -- 2012.05.15 Emails/texts acceptance confirmation at 5:16pm
Day8 -- 2012.05.16 Checks been cashed in the morning
Day11--2012.05.19 I-797C 4 hard copies received.
Day14--2012.05.22 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for June 5th.
Day15--2012.05.23 Biometrics Completed at 1:30pm (2 weeks earlier than the scheduled date)
Day27--2012.06.04 Card production ordered for EAD&AP
Day28--2012.06.05 Second card production ordered email received for EAD.(why?)
Day30--2012.06.07 EAD&AP Combo Card mailed
Day32--2012.06.09 EAD&AP Combo Card received
Day98--2012.08.14 Interview scheduled for Sep.18th @12:30pm(thank god I don't have school that day)
Day100-2012.08.16 Interview notice hard copy received
Day133-2012.09.18 Interview!! I-485 updated to Card Production around 3:30pm
Day134-2012.09.19 Online Update: I-130 approved; I-485 New permanent Resident Status Registered.
Day136-2012.09.21 Second Card production Email.
Day141-2012.09.26 GreenCard received. (Done for 2 years!)

ROC:

Day0 -- 2014.07.07 Sent package to CSC by USPS

Day1 -- 2014.07.08 Package delivered

Day3 -- 2014.07.10 Check has been cashed

Day4 -- 2014.07.11 I-797 Hard Copy Received

Day12--2014.07.19 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for Aug 5th.

Day23--2014.07.30 Biometrics Completed @1pm (6 days early)

Day95--2014.10.10 Card Production

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Wishing you continued good fortune on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

...where you can get your Medical Exam???

List of designated hospitals for medical exam

Page 1 is in Chinese, page 2 is in English.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

List of designated hospitals for medical exam

Page 1 is in Chinese, page 2 is in English.

Thanks, Ryan, I thought I posted a response to that, but apparently I didn't let it go through before changing pages.

The place I mentioned in my post about it, go out the line 3 Zhujiang New Town subway exit A or B (it's the A/B exit hall and is the first exit path on your left down that hall). You'll emerge with an intersection to your left, and the correct medical center is the second building on your right (down the smaller looking street).

They go to lunch from noon to 1, but you can wait inside the area on the 5th floor (pretty sure the 5th), it has the lights off. And you can still pick up your results the next day at three.

There IS a clinic at the bottom of the building with the consulate, but I highly doubt they would accept a medical exam from there, referring to the document Ryan posted.

And one more note I only just remembered, the document says it's 800rmb for adults, but my wife was charged nearly 1300. So was everyone else she heard. Just to give you guys a head's up.

Edited by Luigi

Timeline

1st floor of the embassy on the right side.

PS this in not where we got ours but they have a huge sign outside.

That one isn't accepted by the consulate as your medical exam, according to the documentation, though. It IS a 24 hour clinic, should you become ill there, but I personally wouldn't risk something so important for this. I think it's just a casual clinic.

Edited by Luigi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.