Anichka

Evidence?! Stressing! :(((

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am a full time student and we both live with my parents and sister in a house we all pay for. We both don't have any insurance and the car is leased on me and my father. I am sending in our joint income tax (husband's and mine), our shared bank account, pictures, and 2 affidavits from people who can declare that our marriage is a happy one. I don't have much to offer else because I am still pretty much in school and he is working a good job supporting us both. I am also pregnant but I doubt that sending a proof of pregnancy will be considered as evidence for them. I am really stressed out at the moment and it really isn't helping. :( Anyone got any advice?

Do you both have a drivers licence? If so send it copies showing the same address.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am a full time student and we both live with my parents and sister in a house we all pay for. We both don't have any insurance and the car is leased on me and my father. I am sending in our joint income tax (husband's and mine), our shared bank account, pictures, and 2 affidavits from people who can declare that our marriage is a happy one. I don't have much to offer else because I am still pretty much in school and he is working a good job supporting us both. I am also pregnant but I doubt that sending a proof of pregnancy will be considered as evidence for them. I am really stressed out at the moment and it really isn't helping. :( Anyone got any advice?

Please update your timeline. What are you applying for? AOS? ROC? If AOS, then you may be OK, if it is Removal of Conditions they are going to expect more evidence of a marriage relationship. What else have you got?

Student registration showing your husband as your husband/emergency contact? Medical records showing you as repsonsible party for him? Etc. Life insurance? car insurance? Documents with a common address? Drivers licence?

Pregnancy itself proves nothing, but if the Doctor records list him as father/husband/responsible party, etc., that's good. If the baby is brn before any interview the birth certificate is good.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Please update your timeline. What are you applying for? AOS? ROC? If AOS, then you may be OK, if it is Removal of Conditions they are going to expect more evidence of a marriage relationship. What else have you got?

Student registration showing your husband as your husband/emergency contact? Medical records showing you as repsonsible party for him? Etc. Life insurance? car insurance? Documents with a common address? Drivers licence?

Pregnancy itself proves nothing, but if the Doctor records list him as father/husband/responsible party, etc., that's good. If the baby is brn before any interview the birth certificate is good.

Just updated it :) We are applying to extend his greencard, it's ending the first time in August. All that I managed to gather up right now is our income tax together, our bank account statement, his pay stubs from work, one from a previous job another from his current with both of them having our address. His driving permit, pictures, two affidavits, student information were he is listed as emergency, and thats about it. We don't have much because we still live with our family and everything that we have is shared at home between everyone (Russian style living :-D). Baby is going to be born in January (I am only six weeks pregnant) so thats awhile and interview will most likely be earlier than that.

Edited by Anichka

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I like to classify the ROC evidence into 3 categories. I will organize each piece of evidence you have into them:

1. Evidence of Cohabitation:

(a) Drivers License listing both of your addresses (very strong)

- also can help: Affidavits from your parents and sister stating you are living with them with the time period (strong)

2. Evidence of Financial Comingling:

(a) Joint Income Tax return transcripts (very strong)

(b) Joint Bank acccounts (try to send selected statements covering the 2 years since you got the greencard) (strong)

3. Evidence of a Bonafide Marriage:

(a) Letter/ultrasound from your doctor stating that you are pregnant (very strong)

(b) Affidavits from your family regarding your bonafide marriage (ok)

You can send the paystubs, but they are not considered very strong evidence. You also add letter from your spouse's employer listing you as an emergency contact, health/dental/vision/life/car insurances listing any of you as beneficiaries, any IRA/ stock accounts etc if you have any

I-751 Timeline:

05/06/2012: Window Opens

05/03/2012: Mailed out Package

05/11/2012: Received NOA-1 (dated 05/07/2012)

06/19/2012: Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just updated it :) We are applying to extend his greencard, it's ending the first time in August. All that I managed to gather up right now is our income tax together, our bank account statement, his pay stubs from work, one from a previous job another from his current with both of them having our address. His driving permit, pictures, two affidavits, student information were he is listed as emergency, and thats about it. We don't have much because we still live with our family and everything that we have is shared at home between everyone (Russian style living :-D). Baby is going to be born in January (I am only six weeks pregnant) so thats awhile and interview will most likely be earlier than that.

Actually what you have sounds not bad at all. Remember that stuff like utility bills and things are way down the list of desired evidence.. I can add Santa Clasue to my electric bill if I want and if he uses his reindeer to bug out on me...guess what? I still have to pay the electric bill. There is no committment in adding someone to utility bills.

They are looking for things which represent a mingling of lives and assets as much as possible. Joint accounts that allow control of funds, joint insurance, trust of the other in an emergency. Would you want a fraudulent husband to be your emergency contact in a health situation? See?

Can you get something reagrding the house you live in? A lease? Something listing you as occupants?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Actually what you have sounds not bad at all. Remember that stuff like utility bills and things are way down the list of desired evidence.. I can add Santa Clasue to my electric bill if I want and if he uses his reindeer to bug out on me...guess what? I still have to pay the electric bill. There is no committment in adding someone to utility bills.

They are looking for things which represent a mingling of lives and assets as much as possible. Joint accounts that allow control of funds, joint insurance, trust of the other in an emergency. Would you want a fraudulent husband to be your emergency contact in a health situation? See?

Can you get something reagrding the house you live in? A lease? Something listing you as occupants?

I don't have anything that lists us as occupants, we live with my parents and sister, the house is on my mom, and we have one shared household income. I'll try to see if I can find something but I don't have much. I think that what I managed to gather is the maximum that we can send in, there is nothing more than we have. Other than I can get a copy of emergency info that I included him in for my school and that he included me in at his job.

Thank you! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

yeah dont stress out.

Just get affidavits from your parents and sister stating that you live there with your husband giving the appropriate dates.

I lived with my parents for about a year after our marriage, and we sent in affidavits too.

Also, you have very strong evidence: you are pregnant

Most of us dont have that!

I-751 Timeline:

05/06/2012: Window Opens

05/03/2012: Mailed out Package

05/11/2012: Received NOA-1 (dated 05/07/2012)

06/19/2012: Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.