joseph22

Second Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi...we are waiting to hear back about when our second interview will be after responding to an RFE from the first interview.

Has anyone else had to go back for a 2nd interview? How long after you submitted RFE materials via the courier provided were you notified of its date? I know there is a 4 month legal time frame from when I-129F is approved and for when visa has to be issued..and that is quickly approaching...

Also..if anyone HAS had to go to a second interview to discuss RFE (proof of relationship et al.)...how did it go? Same person? Similar questions? Deeper questions? Longer? Shorter?

Trying to give my fiance some peace of mind and any shared experiences would be really helpful!

Thank you!!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hi all-

I know this may be unconventional..but trying to keep my post alive...

I am desperate for information on this second interview issue!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi joe i am also a joe in pa there is no time limit i had the same ??sent a letter to the visa center there response was it takes as long as neede to reach a decision????mine has been at embassu since sept 05 first interview 2/16 an 17/ 06 they lost or misplaced my fiancees file had to contact senator office in april they got pissed with the senators inquiry 2nd interview 6/15/ an 17/ 06 still waiting for a decision of course another letter from the senators office good luck joe

Joseph22,

A second interview, following a request for evidence from a Consular Section is unique, yet not unheard of.

I would surmise that this "particular" evidence requirement is the reason. After the evidence is evaluated, the interview should be based around it only.

Are you willing to share the evidence requirement, for the education of VJ?

Edit to add: By the way, a Consular Officer can extend the validity of your I-129F approval. Rest easy on that.

Hi...we are waiting to hear back about when our second interview will be after responding to an RFE from the first interview.

Has anyone else had to go back for a 2nd interview? How long after you submitted RFE materials via the courier provided were you notified of its date? I know there is a 4 month legal time frame from when I-129F is approved and for when visa has to be issued..and that is quickly approaching...

Also..if anyone HAS had to go to a second interview to discuss RFE (proof of relationship et al.)...how did it go? Same person? Similar questions? Deeper questions? Longer? Shorter?

Trying to give my fiance some peace of mind and any shared experiences would be really helpful!

Thank you!!

Edited by William33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Joseph I have heard of second interview after submitting the evidence. They may ask more questions and depending on what evidence you submit they may also have one or more persons interview you at this time. If they are satisfied they will issue the visa if all the security checks have completed and came back clear. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Ok..so to give you a bit more information...

...The guy that interviewed her told her that once she submitted the materials, he would contact her.

Now, after thinking about this, I'm wondering if she interpreted it as a 2nd interview, when that isnt what was implied. The paper she was given was literally a copy of the things you bring with you that she HAD brought..(I-134, birth cert, all that stuff, and then a few items to RFE)

The thing is, they DIDNT keep her passport at the first interview, so it seems that no matter what happens, if there was going to be an approval after reviewing the stuff, that she'd have to go back right? Or would they request she courier the passport in at a later date?

The information requested was additional evidence of our relationship prior to engagement and copy of previous passport/I-94 regarding the time she was denied entry at POE for unathorized work. We had checked that there was no ban on her or anything for that (voluntary departure...application withdrawn) so perhaps they wanted her to help them review quicker any possibility that she'd need a waiver based on that trip...but no waiver was mentioned at all during first interview. What was really going on whas the officer was atleast making her feel like that previous trip was signifying that our engagement was for immigration purposes, which of course is not.

So...I guess then we wait to see what type of notice they provide to us....whether it IS actually another appointment, or if it is documentation. I guess the best case scenario would be a request to courier the passport in cuz its been approved!!!! Praying for that!!!!

Does any of this help any of you see where this might be going?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI JOE DONT KNOW FOR SURE BUT WHAT I HAVE READ ON THE DIFFERENT SITES WHEN THEY RETURN THE PASSPORT BACK TO THE APPLICANT IS NEVER A GOOD SIGN,ON THE OTHER HAND A FRIEND OF MINE'S WIFE HAD HER INTERVIEW CONSULAR NEVER ASKED MANY ???? OF HER ONLY ABOUT LACK OF WEDDING PHOTOS??TOLD HER THEY HAD TO VERIFY SOME DOCUMENTS WOULD TAKE 6-8 WEEKS KEPT HER PASSPORT NEVER CONTACTED HER AGAIN MY FRIEND CALLED THE VISA CENTER FOR UPDATE THEN THEY TOLD HIM SHE WAS DENIED AT THE FIRST INTERVIEW AND WAS TOLD THAT BUT SHE WASNT!!!!SHE WOULD HAVE CERTAINLY REMEMBERED BEING TOLD YOU ARE DENIED!!!SO THEY ALL LIE AT THE EMBASSY THEN TO TOP IT OFF THEY SENT HER SOMEONE ELSES PASSPORT INSTEAD OF HERS?? JOE IN PA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.