Fla&Shel

Whoelse has been waiting for approval since April?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancé submitted the petition on April 19th 2006, but unfortunately the check bounced due to his confusion of bank accounts. When he realize it, he sent another check right away and called USCIS, whose operator told him to wait until they get in touch with him. One month later he received back the second check uncashed and after that a letter from USCIS which asked him to provide the payment, what he did right away. The money was withdraw from his acount in May. In July he was informed that USCIS received the payment and that time restarted to count, postponed from April 19th to July 7th.

Apart from that there was the LIFE act that required the petitioners to provide addicional information. My fiancé did not receive the IMBRA RFE yet. Many people who petitioned even after July 7th are already approved, because their i-129F were updated according to the new law.

IT IS SO ANNOYING! We are certain that we provided all the required documents, with satisfatory proof of our relationship, and also that we attended all the requisites of the immigration law. But we have no idea why it is taking so long, now that the check problem is solved since July 7th!

Is anyone in the same situation? Or have any idea of what we should do?

FLA&SHEL TIMELINE:

April 19th - submitted i-129F

May - payment withdraw from the bank account

July 7th - Confirmation that payment was received (2 months after the actual payment!)

August - wait, wait and wait!

September - wait, wait and useless calls to USCISl!

October - wait wait and more useless calls to USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I understand your frustration. It can be so hard going through all of this. :(

Have you received NOA1?

6/14/06 - I-129f packet ready to send

6/15/06 - Decided to delay sending and use new form when available

6/28/06 - Finally mailed to Nebraska Service Center

7/20/06 - NOA1

9/20/06 - Touched for the very first time

9/21/06 - Email NOA2 wooohhooo faster than we had hoped for

9/25/06 - Snail Mail NOA2

9/25/06 - Received at NVC, verified with phone call

9/27/06 - Sent to embassy in Bangkok! Hoping my love will be here for the holidays!!!

9/30/06 - Arrived at embassy and waiting for packet 3

10/24/06 - Finally recieved packet 3

11/22/06 - Packet 3 sent to BKK embassy

11/24/06 - Embassy received packet 3

01/08/07 - Received packet 4 from BKK embassy

01/29/07 - Embassy Interview

01/30/07 - VISA in hand!!

02/05/07 - Returning to states with POE @ SFO

04/05/07 - Filed AOS

04/13/07 - NOA for I-485

06/15/07 - Biometrics

03/25/08 - Interview Date

04/04/08 - GC Received

Don't know if this will help.

When I never received confirmation of address update, I called and when the auto responce gave me selections I went with the one for address update or something like "if its been over so many days and you haven't received notice" choose (insert # here) and I ended up speaking to a very nice lady who actually had access to my acct. She updated my address which had not been done by the last operator I talked to 30 days back, and she was able to tell me when my NOA1 was issued since I never received it..... Then she said "I will also put a request to process you application ASAP" I said what? She said that she put "Expedite" on my ap....

Well my ap only took 7 weeks instead of the normal 3 months so I don't know if her putting "expedite" on it was the reason.

Anyway, my point is you can get through to a person who has access to your acct if you push the right numbers.

I think if anyone deserves a live officer, its you!

Good luck!

Mike

Oh I might add..... I was on hold for 1 hour before I got the live case worker.... so be patient!

Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.