islandbaby

what is the status of the child

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys,

I dont where im going to post this question because it a king a little confusing for me? :blush: So heres the thing, Im an LPR and planning to apply for naturalization..if i delivery my child before i became naturalize citizen , my child is already american citizen right? what will i do if i file for citizenship, should i apply for both of us or just me? :unsure::blink:

Hello guys,

I dont where im going to post this question because it a king a little confusing for me? :blush: So heres the thing, Im an LPR and planning to apply for naturalization..if i delivery my child before i became naturalize citizen , my child is already american citizen right? what will i do if i file for citizenship, should i apply for both of us or just me? :unsure::blink:

You only apply for yourself. A minor (below 18) can't even apply for naturalization.

If baby is born in the US - it is a USC.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Hello guys,

You will be only applying for yourself for citizenship.

If your child is born in the US, the child will be automatically a US citizen. The birth certificate will be the proof of citizenship with which you will be able to get a US passport for your child.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You will be only applying for yourself for citizenship.

If your child is born in the US, the child will be automatically a US citizen. The birth certificate will be the proof of citizenship with which you will be able to get a US passport for your child.

It can be a bit more complicated than that, was on the news in Wisconsin lately about new rules for voting registration that many so-called minorities particularly living in the Milwaukee area do not have birth certificates because they were not born in a hospital with a doctor and other witnesses. Mid wife, unqualified, back seat of a car, in an alley, etc.

So want to be sure that baby is born in a recognized hospital by professionals, and witnesses, and given the opportunity to apply for a birth certificate.

Outside of that, doesn't make any difference why you are here, can be a foreign spy, here illegally, only thing that counts is that it is born in the USA, and is certified by professional witnesses and you do get that birth certificate for that child.

It can be a bit more complicated than that, was on the news in Wisconsin lately about new rules for voting registration that many so-called minorities particularly living in the Milwaukee area do not have birth certificates because they were not born in a hospital with a doctor and other witnesses. Mid wife, unqualified, back seat of a car, in an alley, etc.

So want to be sure that baby is born in a recognized hospital by professionals, and witnesses, and given the opportunity to apply for a birth certificate.

Outside of that, doesn't make any difference why you are here, can be a foreign spy, here illegally, only thing that counts is that it is born in the USA, and is certified by professional witnesses and you do get that birth certificate for that child.

OK, while we are chiming in on different scenarios :)

Children of foreign diplomats born in the US do not become US citizens although being born in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

OK, while we are chiming in on different scenarios :)

Children of foreign diplomats born in the US do not become US citizens although being born in the US.

Some here had problems with that by not instantly registering that childs birth with the US consulate in that country. And they may also want to do a DNA test to make sure that child is yours.

For islandbaby to even ask this question, she must not be familiar with our laws that is perfectly understandable. Just trying to be as helpful as possible.

With my latest grandson, son received the birth certificate application signed by the doctor that delivered the baby. As soon as he could, within days, went to the county courthouse to register his birth. About a week later he received his birth certificate where he instantly went to his local social security office to get his son his SS number. Son needed that because he wanted to start a college trust fund for him. But good to get that done as soon as possible even without a trust fund. Then the child is already on the SS database.

The procedure does vary state by state, but anyone at your hospital knows the procedure you have to follow to get that birth certificate. The thing is not to put it off, but to get it done. Or major problems will occur later.

Again, just trying to be helpful. Having a new child is a very exciting, but yet a very hectic experience, don't want to misplace that application if it is done in your state that way, and want to register that birth as soon as possible. After that can be a bit careless and misplace that birth certificate, here for five bucks, can get another. Same with that SS card, but write the number down someplace.

Some here had problems with that by not instantly registering that childs birth with the US consulate in that country. And they may also want to do a DNA test to make sure that child is yours.

For islandbaby to even ask this question, she must not be familiar with our laws that is perfectly understandable. Just trying to be as helpful as possible.

With my latest grandson, son received the birth certificate application signed by the doctor that delivered the baby. As soon as he could, within days, went to the county courthouse to register his birth. About a week later he received his birth certificate where he instantly went to his local social security office to get his son his SS number. Son needed that because he wanted to start a college trust fund for him. But good to get that done as soon as possible even without a trust fund. Then the child is already on the SS database.

The procedure does vary state by state, but anyone at your hospital knows the procedure you have to follow to get that birth certificate. The thing is not to put it off, but to get it done. Or major problems will occur later.

Again, just trying to be helpful. Having a new child is a very exciting, but yet a very hectic experience, don't want to misplace that application if it is done in your state that way, and want to register that birth as soon as possible. After that can be a bit careless and misplace that birth certificate, here for five bucks, can get another. Same with that SS card, but write the number down someplace.

Very valid points. When you give birth at the hospital, be sure to sign the paperwork for the birth certificate and there is actually also an option there where you can apply for the social security number as well. So you get two things done at once, pretty convenient.

Woow thats unfortunate for the child.if they are recognized by the state

Thanks for the info, i know a little bit of laws but coming after from long waiting of my approval on LPR and now the application of naturalization there are lots things running through my mind right now,this is another road that i have to dealt with specially with the child on the way. So my mind is boggling now with all the stuff going on my way.

Edited by islandbaby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.