Mudasirk

Paid AOS & IV fee, Sent AOS - Next?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Good evening folks,

This is my first post, so this is going to be a very newbie question.

Brief history -

I'm a US citizen, applied for a I130 for wife - approved in April 5th 2012, I now have a case Number from NVC, & have paid both AOS & IV Fee. I assigned agent through email successfully and sent the AOS with cover sheet and tax documents last week.

Now, I know the next step is to submit the d230 that is signed by my wife. However my question is when?

Do I wait for them to process the application and send me a notification of what is needed to complete the documentations before the case is forwarded to the embassy in Malaysia?

Also, during the I-130 application process, her passport biographic page was sent, her pictures, her certified copy of birth certificate, our certified copy of marriage were all sent. Are all of these documents needed to be resubmitted to NVC along the with the signed d230 part 1 & 2?

Do I have to submit the police report from Malaysia with the d230 as well - those take couple of months to obtain and she just applied for one 2 weeks ago.

Please advice.

Thank you very much.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

i hope this guide could help answer your question

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats 'Mudasirk' on successfully getting your case number and moving ahead to send your fees and forms.

I also have a spouse in Malaysia and am going through the Kuala Lumpur consulate also, though my spouse is from a different country but he studies in Malaysia.

Concerning the police certificate, I also asked him to apply for his police certificate - code of good conduct cert. I plan to submit his application forms even if the cert is not ready at the time I need to submit it, then i will ask him to scan to mii and i will mail the additional document to NVC and ask my spouse to take the cert to his interview, bcos they will want to see the original.

I feel since your payments have been accepted you should mail your package. But am sure more experienced members will also respond to your inquiry with their opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

NVC always ask for original/certified docs including the good conduct letter too. NVC will attach an IV cover page soon after received your IV fee. I would probably wait for all the original docs ready in hand before I send that out.

USCIS (I-130)
2011-03-12 -- Married
2011-04-15 -- I-130 sent
2011-04-18 -- I-130 NOA1 received in mail
2011-07-18 -- I-130 NOA2 approved
I-130 NOA2 was approved 91 days from NOA1 date
NVC
2011-08-05 -- NVC received
2011-08-29 -- Case entered into system
2011-08-30 -- Case # received; Exchanged emails; IIN # received
2011-08-31 -- DS-3032 sent via email
2011-09-02 -- Received DS-3032 and AOS bill via emails; AOS fee paid online
2011-09-06 -- DS-3032 accepted; AOS status: PAID
2011-09-07 -- AOS mailed; Received IV bill via email; IV fee paid online
2011-09-08 -- IV status: PAID
2011-09-09 -- IV mailed
2011-09-14 -- AOS reviewed
2011-09-15 -- IV RFE via phone
2011-09-16 -- IV RFE via email; IV RFE mailed
2011-09-22 -- Case completed
2011-10-04 -- Interview date assigned
U.S. Consulate
2011-10-11 -- Case received
2011-10-31 -- Medical checkup
2011-11-22 -- Interview; Approved
2011-11-25 -- Visa received
United States
2011-12-04 -- Port of entry: Seattle, Washington
2011-12-29 -- SSN applied
2012-01-04 -- Welcome notice letter received
2012-01-04 -- SSN card received
2012-01-19 -- Conditional green card received

USCIS (I-751)

2013-09-13 -- I-751 sent

2013-09-16 -- I-751 delivered

2013-09-18 -- Check cashed

2013-09-21 -- I-751 NOA1 received in mail

2013-09-27 -- I-797C, Biometrics appointment letter received

2014-01-13 -- Approved via email

2014-01-21 -- Permanent green card received

Timeline

Good evening folks,

This is my first post, so this is going to be a very newbie question.

Brief history -

I'm a US citizen, applied for a I130 for wife - approved in April 5th 2012, I now have a case Number from NVC, & have paid both AOS & IV Fee. I assigned agent through email successfully and sent the AOS with cover sheet and tax documents last week.

Now, I know the next step is to submit the d230 that is signed by my wife. However my question is when?

Do I wait for them to process the application and send me a notification of what is needed to complete the documentations before the case is forwarded to the embassy in Malaysia?

Also, during the I-130 application process, her passport biographic page was sent, her pictures, her certified copy of birth certificate, our certified copy of marriage were all sent. Are all of these documents needed to be resubmitted to NVC along the with the signed d230 part 1 & 2?

Do I have to submit the police report from Malaysia with the d230 as well - those take couple of months to obtain and she just applied for one 2 weeks ago.

Please advice.

Thank you very much.

Hello, I am also in same stage as you. This is what i did. yesterday May 15th - i got AOS fee and paid same day, it shows paid today May 16th. also got IV today and its in process. I mailed both my spouse AOS Package and DS-230 Package today (with the receipt that the police cert/cert of good conduct requested in Malaysia)and a little note stating the cert is in process and here is a receipt and I told them once its ready - i will send them a copy and my spouse will provide the original at his interview. also same as his original birth cert. i sent only a notarized copy.

You have to send all document requested and maybe an explanation if you don't have all.

goodluck

Timeline

Hello, I am also in same stage as you. This is what i did. yesterday May 15th - i got AOS fee and paid same day, it shows paid today May 16th. also got IV today and its in process. I mailed both my spouse AOS Package and DS-230 Package today (with the receipt that the police cert/cert of good conduct requested in Malaysia)and a little note stating the cert is in process and here is a receipt and I told them once its ready - i will send them a copy and my spouse will provide the original at his interview. also same as his original birth cert. i sent only a notarized copy.

You have to send all document requested and maybe an explanation if you don't have all.

goodluck

Similarly, I received an Email for the checklist from NVC on 5/11 that has a coversheet barcode and another page that has a checklist which was basically just ds230 plus an supporting civil documents.

I mailed the following supporting civil documents; original marriage & birth cert, a copy of the passport biographic page, 2 passport sized photographs, the receipt for the IV payment, the barcoded cover sheet and I typed a reference list of the documents included in the package with a note explaining that the police certificate is in progress.

Now, just 3 days after mailing this out, she received the police certificate and scanned it and emailed it to me. So immediately, I wrote an email to the NVC using the template that list the case number & name/date of birth, with a brief description of the case and purpose of the email, explaining that I just received it.

I called yesterday, and the package sent on the 11th which was received by NVC on the 14th (usps delivery confirmation), has not yet been through their data entry yet and was told this step may take up to 20 business days.

Timeline

Similarly, I received an Email for the checklist from NVC on 5/11 that has a coversheet barcode and another page that has a checklist which was basically just ds230 plus an supporting civil documents.

I mailed the following supporting civil documents; original marriage & birth cert, a copy of the passport biographic page, 2 passport sized photographs, the receipt for the IV payment, the barcoded cover sheet and I typed a reference list of the documents included in the package with a note explaining that the police certificate is in progress.

Now, just 3 days after mailing this out, she received the police certificate and scanned it and emailed it to me. So immediately, I wrote an email to the NVC using the template that list the case number & name/date of birth, with a brief description of the case and purpose of the email, explaining that I just received it.

I called yesterday, and the package sent on the 11th which was received by NVC on the 14th (usps delivery confirmation), has not yet been through their data entry yet and was told this step may take up to 20 business days.

Wow! congrats on getting the police cert. she can mail it to you DHL. Then you can mail to NVC or just send a copy. but since original is requested send the original.

all the best

Timeline

Update:

Got an email on monday 5/21 from NVC asking me to submit the police certificate. I called and ask if a copy is ok, they said it is. Expressed mailed that yesterday and was received by them today, Hoping the case will be completed and interview assigned soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My guide to this whole i-130 - cr1 process, from a LPR to a Citizen upgrade.

Now, as an advice for anyone reading, and wondering what the vital part of the whole process is, well it is getting the documentation done well ahead of time so you don't run into delays.

A realistic estimation date of file to completion of a case, is about 8-10 months. Any faster than that is just out of sheer luck or other circumstances.

Here are few pointers from me and a very easy to follow guide in SIMPLE english to the process! I will try to keep it very structured like a recipe with basic explanations of the step.

As you will be doing all the legwork up until the process is completed. This is what you will need.

If you are an LPR and filed i-130 while you were an LPR, and then naturalized, You must call USCIS the day you naturalized and upgrade the petition and ask for it to be immediately expedited. The case will be completed in 60 days from that call.

What you need with you for the entire process from the petitioner standpoint.

- Proof of your residence or citizenship

- Your Drivers license, or ID

- The Marriage certificate

- Photo of the beneficiary (spouse) - passport size

- Biographic page of their passport

- Birth certificate (spouse)

- Police clearance for spouse - this Takes anywhere between 1-5 months depending what country the spouse is from

eg. Malaysia takes 6 weeks.

- DS230 part 1 and 2 completed and signed by spouse

- DS3230 - completed and signed

- tax returns with w-2 recent year only. If you are petitioning for 2012, your returns for 2011 will be the most recent, regardless of which month it is.

- If you haven't filed taxes yet, returns for 2010 and the last paystub for the 2011 showing the total gross must be sent with all the other supporting finance including all 2012 paystubs or JUST GO FILE YOUR TAXES!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW THIS WORKS:

Filling I-130 is a 2 step process in the USA before your spouse will get an interview at her home country.

- First step is to establish your eligibility to be a petitioner of an Immigrant of this class.

- Second step is to establish if the person you are petitioning for is Eligible for Immigration and you have the means to sponsor their transition to USA.

Step One: USCIS - takes a minimum of 5 months,(realistically 6 months) BUT CALL USCIS If its over 5 months with no approval or rejection, will get a guaranteed 60 days response.

USCIS, requires a lot of documentations of you and the person you are filling for, if you have all of the things i listed above- you are in good shape. Only send COPIES to USCIS.

As soon as you submit all the forms and fees for the initial I-130 form - do the following.

1. Get the person you're filling for apply for a police clearance immediately. No country has this "certificate of good conduct" available immediately. This is a letter of any criminal history from the country your spouse is residing. It takes 1 - 5 months to be completed - Important scale 10. Have it mailed to you and keep this.

Get the ds-230 from state.gov filled and signed by the person you are sponsoring and have them sign it but do not date it yet and mail it to you. You keep this until further notice

When your case is 100% completed in USCIS (5-6 months), you will receive a notice a.k.a (NOA-2)saying your case is now with NVC and they will soon contact you.

Step 2: The NVC (2 months)

Wait for about 5 business days, and call NVC (the number is in the letter) and read them your USCIS case number and see if the NVC has assigned a case number for it. The Case number from NVC will start with a City code and the year (for eg; Kuala lumpur, Malaysia in 2012 will be KLL2012*******) Get this number for your case. IMPORTANT!

What do you do after you get the case number? Assign agent immediately

Go here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Copy paste with your details and send it.

Wait few days, and you will get a response and via email and there will be .pdf file attachments that will have the AOS (affidavit of support requirement) - pay that and send it in

Wait a day or so - the status should change to PAID - Fill the affidavit of support form and submit the documents supporting your claim in that form (w-2, pay stubs etc)

This will take between 2-20 business days. Just your luck.

Now you will receive another email asking for you to pay and submit the ds230 part 1

Now, go ahead and pay the fee, print the cover letter from there.

Now get the ds230 with the following all originals or certified copies.

- Police clearance for spouse - this Takes anywhere between 1-5 months depending what country the spouse is from

- DS230 part 1 completed and signed and dated!

- DS3230 part 2- completed but no signatures or date.

Now once they receive, it will take another 2-20 business days for the documents to be reviewed. Just your luck.

Once everything is reviewed, you will receive another email either asking for more documentations or stating they have finished the case.

Edited by Mudasirk

Timeline

Fantastic summary of the processing... am waiting for NVC to review my AOS and IV - DS-230 Packages as at now. Seems you got the KLL......001 Bcos i got the KLL.....002.

All the best in your interview as well, but quick question has your case been completed at NVC? Do you have an interview date yet?

Update:

Got an email on monday 5/21 from NVC asking me to submit the police certificate. I called and ask if a copy is ok, they said it is. Expressed mailed that yesterday and was received by them today, Hoping the case will be completed and interview assigned soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My guide to this whole i-130 - cr1 process, from a LPR to a Citizen upgrade.

Now, as an advice for anyone reading, and wondering what the vital part of the whole process is, well it is getting the documentation done well ahead of time so you don't run into delays.

A realistic estimation date of file to completion of a case, is about 8-10 months. Any faster than that is just out of sheer luck or other circumstances.

Here are few pointers from me and a very easy to follow guide in SIMPLE english to the process! I will try to keep it very structured like a recipe with basic explanations of the step.

As you will be doing all the legwork up until the process is completed. This is what you will need.

If you are an LPR and filed i-130 while you were an LPR, and then naturalized, You must call USCIS the day you naturalized and upgrade the petition and ask for it to be immediately expedited. The case will be completed in 60 days from that call.

What you need with you for the entire process from the petitioner standpoint.

- Proof of your residence or citizenship

- Your Drivers license, or ID

- DS230 part 1 and 2 completed and signed by spouse

- DS3230 - completed and signed

- tax returns with w-2 recent year only. If you are petitioning for 2012, your returns for 2011 will be the most recent, regardless of which month it is.

- If you haven't filed taxes yet, returns for 2010 and the last paystub for the 2011 showing the total gross must be sent with all the other supporting finance including all 2012 paystubs or JUST GO FILE YOUR TAXES!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW THIS WORKS:

Filling I-130 is a 2 step process in the USA before your spouse will get an interview at her home country.

- First step is to establish your eligibility to be a petitioner of an Immigrant of this class.

- Second step is to establish if the person you are petitioning for is Eligible for Immigration and you have the means to sponsor their transition to USA.

Step One: USCIS - takes a minimum of 5 months,(realistically 6 months) BUT CALL USCIS If its over 5 months with no approval or rejection, will get a guaranteed 60 days response.

USCIS, requires a lot of documentations of you and the person you are filling for, if you have all of the things i listed above- you are in good shape. Only send COPIES to USCIS.

As soon as you submit all the forms and fees for the initial I-130 form - do the following.

1. Get the person you're filling for apply for a police clearance immediately. No country has this "certificate of good conduct" available immediately. This is a letter of any criminal history from the country your spouse is residing. It takes 1 - 5 months to be completed - Important scale 10. Have it mailed to you and keep this.

Get the ds-230 from state.gov filled and signed by the person you are sponsoring and have them sign it but do not date it yet and mail it to you. You keep this until further notice

When your case is 100% completed in USCIS (5-6 months), you will receive a notice a.k.a (NOA-2)saying your case is now with NVC and they will soon contact you.

Step 2: The NVC (2 months)

Wait for about 5 business days, and call NVC (the number is in the letter) and read them your USCIS case number and see if the NVC has assigned a case number for it. The Case number from NVC will start with a City code and the year (for eg; Kuala lumpur, Malaysia in 2012 will be KLL2012*******) Get this number for your case. IMPORTANT!

What do you do after you get the case number? Assign agent immediately

Go here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Copy paste with your details and send it.

Wait few days, and you will get a response and via email and there will be .pdf file attachments that will have the AOS (affidavit of support requirement) - pay that and send it in

Wait a day or so - the status should change to PAID - Fill the affidavit of support form and submit the documents supporting your claim in that form (w-2, pay stubs etc)

This will take between 2-20 business days. Just your luck.

Now you will receive another email asking for you to pay and submit the ds230 part 1

Now, go ahead and pay the fee, print the cover letter from there.

Now get the ds230 with the following all originals or certified copies.

- DS230 part 1 completed and signed and dated!

- DS3230 part 2- completed but no signatures or date.

Now once they receive, it will take another 2-20 business days for the documents to be reviewed. Just your luck.

Once everything is reviewed, you will receive another email either asking for more documentations or stating they have finished the case.

Timeline

Fantastic summary of the processing... am waiting for NVC to review my AOS and IV - DS-230 Packages as at now. Seems you got the KLL......001 Bcos i got the KLL.....002.

All the best in your interview as well, but quick question has your case been completed at NVC? Do you have an interview date yet?

Yes, our case is 001

Not completed yet and no interview dates has been set. I wonder if once the nvc process is completed, we can try emailing the KL embassy and ask for an earlier appointment.

Timeline

Called NVC today, case has been completed and is now waiting for the appointment to be assigned by Kuala Lumpur the operator estimate it will be assigned on the second week of june for a july date.

Timeline

CONGULATIONS :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Called NVC today, case has been completed and is now waiting for the appointment to be assigned by Kuala Lumpur the operator estimate it will be assigned on the second week of june for a july date.

Timeline

CONGULATIONS :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you.

I know you are filling for malaysia as well.

Anyhow, based on this Thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/340932-interview-on-december-13/

I have to just sent an email to NVC to ask for an earlier interview date. I hope When they do schedule the interview it will be in june not July.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just an update: Got 2 emails today, one stating the NVC has completed the case and forwarded all documents for further processing in Kuala lumpur. malaysia.

Second email came in few hours later with P4 neopost ds-1200 with a brief summary of my case with details of what was received whats needed and an appointment date

For an interview on july 19th at 9am.

Timeline

:wow: congrats :thumbs: and thanks on the update, i truly appreciate it.

I still have to mail NVC the police cert and birth cert original, hopefully my case will be complete soon as well.

I thought your interview date will be this month June, but it seems they want to give you a month to get your medicals done.

All the best in your interview, pls post update after. Thanks a lot.

Just an update: Got 2 emails today, one stating the NVC has completed the case and forwarded all documents for further processing in Kuala lumpur. malaysia.

Second email came in few hours later with P4 neopost ds-1200 with a brief summary of my case with details of what was received whats needed and an appointment date

For an interview on july 19th at 9am.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.