renecherubs

how to answere no. 25 of form I-864

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone,

please help. my co-sponsor is retired and file her income tax jointly with her husband which is also retired. we're confused on how to answer question n0.25 of part 6 in Form I-864. it's federal income tax return information asking for total income for the 3 consecutive years. what income should we put there? thank you so much for those who will answer.

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

your co sponsor's income. also you will need to submit proof of his income alone so the usem can see if hes above poverty level of his household number plus you

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

hi renecherubs ;)

i just wanna ask about the question on

PART 2 PRINCIPAL IMMIGRANT is the petitioner?

PART 3 IMMIGRANT YOU ARE SPONSORING is me?

please correct me im wrong.

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi everyone,

please help. my co-sponsor is retired and file her income tax jointly with her husband which is also retired. we're confused on how to answer question n0.25 of part 6 in Form I-864. it's federal income tax return information asking for total income for the 3 consecutive years. what income should we put there? thank you so much for those who will answer.

You would put her individual income there, which can be found on her W-2s and/or 1099s.

hi renecherubs ;)

Part 2 of the I-864 is asking for information about the intending immigrant, the beneficiary, the one that is filing to adjust their status. Part 3 continues to be about the intending immigrant that is being sponsored. Part 1 lists the name of the USC or LPR that is sponsoring the intending immigrant.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

thank you so much for the info ;)

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Timeline

hi renecherubs ;)

part 2 is about the beneficiary or the one being sponsored. and no...the principal immigrant is the beneficiary not the petitioner.part 3 check yes if the person with the name stated in part one is the principal sponsor.

event.png

Timeline

You would put her individual income there, which can be found on her W-2s and/or 1099s.

Part 2 of the I-864 is asking for information about the intending immigrant, the beneficiary, the one that is filing to adjust their status. Part 3 continues to be about the intending immigrant that is being sponsored. Part 1 lists the name of the USC or LPR that is sponsoring the intending immigrant.

thank you so much for this reply. thank you. i have another thing to ask though. my co-sponsor filed jointly with her husband. do i need to have her husband sign for I-864A? my co-sponsor individual income is over the poverty guideline. thank you again in advance.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

thank you so much for this reply. thank you. i have another thing to ask though. my co-sponsor filed jointly with her husband. do i need to have her husband sign for I-864A? my co-sponsor individual income is over the poverty guideline. thank you again in advance.

No. If her income is plenty on its own for her household size: herself, husband, any dependent children, any other dependents claimed on their taxes, plus the beneficiary, then her husband does not need to fill out the I-864A. He would only need to fill that out if his income was needed to combine with hers to meet the 125% for their household size. She lists her income individually on the form, but she still provides her joint tax transcript. She can also send a copy of her 2011 W-2 along with her 2011 tax transcript, just be clear what her actual income alone is.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

No. If her income is plenty on its own for her household size: herself, husband, any dependent children, any other dependents claimed on their taxes, plus the beneficiary, then her husband does not need to fill out the I-864A. He would only need to fill that out if his income was needed to combine with hers to meet the 125% for their household size. She lists her income individually on the form, but she still provides her joint tax transcript. She can also send a copy of her 2011 W-2 along with her 2011 tax transcript, just be clear what her actual income alone is.

wow...thank you thank you thank you so much. my question is answered now. God bless you.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.