Ruthanne

Has this been happening to most people?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well I had to go to my congressman because my date is March 21st and they are STILL on March 20th. After contacting the service center and waiting an additional week for a response.

The above referenced case has been selected for detailed review. This process will take longer than normal for processing. Should USCIS discover information requiring further review and verification, the petitioner or applicant will be contacted. We appreciate your assistance and cooperation in helping us ensure the integrity of our immigration system.

California Service Center

Congressional Liaison Unit

he service center and waiting a week with nothing happening also. SO the response I get is this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just saw this with "hichamslove" (gulp) and I think it just means they are doing a little extra with your petition and it might take a little longer. Good luck,

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes periodic reviews are done and they randomly pick applications. Looks like you were one of those pulled recently and will have to wait for it to be looked at more closely. Hopefully, you will be back on track soon. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe they will get things done quickly and you'll be back on your jouney in no time. Best of Luck.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

For some people, the visa process takes mere months, and for some, it can take over a year. Check length varies as well.

Take it from someone who's been there done that, enjoy your privacy and singlehood while you still can ;)

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

For some people, the visa process takes mere months, and for some, it can take over a year. Check length varies as well.

Take it from someone who's been there done that, enjoy your privacy and singlehood while you still can ;)

I have been single for 17 years long enough for me. This is my second marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ah, but a marriage to a ME/NA male immigrant can be much more overwhelming :star:

To pass your time, maybe check out some of the tips on this thread and start preparing for when he gets here. I know I sure as heck didn't prepare enough.

I do hope the process moves more quickly in the future for you guys (F)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ah, but a marriage to a ME/NA male immigrant can be much more overwhelming :star:

So true Rhama, overwhelming, but wonderful as well.

Ruthann, try to think of it this way. Better to have this checked the first time around than have the consulate send it back. That has added an extra 14 months and counting to our case. Whatever they are reviewing it for can not be used again from the consulate.

Hang in there, you have a lifetime with him.

Edited by Morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just saw this with "hichamslove" (gulp) and I think it just means they are doing a little extra with your petition and it might take a little longer. Good luck,

Sarah

And she (hichamslove) got her approval notice about a week after receiving the 'extra screening' letter from her congressman. So you just never know! The only thing you can count on during this process is that your ME/NA sisters will be here to help you through the wait, :P whatever the length of time.

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well I hope so because really I have lost all hope that this will EVER get done. Im ready to quit my job and move to Morocco instead. If I only could. Does anyone know how long this thorough check takes? My GOD its been 6 months.

Ruthanne,

I filed for a fiance visa in March 2006 and had no problems with any checks. Hicham is here in the USA now as of October 7, 2006. Where are u having problem?

gina

09-11-2005 met on line

03-02-2006 went to morocco

3-15-2006 I-129 filed

04-01-06 NOA 1 recieved

06-30-06 requesting more information

07-31-06 Approval recieved

08-07-06 letter from NVC sending to morocco

08-22-06 Hicham recieved packet 3

08-31-06 Medical appointment for Hicham

09-21-06 Interview at Casablanca

10-04-06 VISA RECIEVED

10-07-06 HICHAM ARRIVES IN USA

10-24-06 Went and applied for Social Security Number

10-30-06 Hicham recieved Social Security Number

11-24-06 Mail off AOS

12-05-06 Recieved NOA for AOS and Employment Authorization

12-11-06 Recieved appointment for Biometric

12-21-06 Biometric appointment

12-21-06 AOS transfered to California

01-25-07 recieved email--Green Card in production

01-30-07 Green Card received

I am having a problem here in the United States. It is over 60 days from recieving my RFE. I called the service center and they said they would send a email to California. Heard nothing so emailed my congressman again. Sent him the site on people after us from VJ that were approved and they filed an investigation on my behalf. I emailed them back asking if they heard anything after waiting another week. And today I got that response. They are doing an indepth investigation of my file. Heck if I know what the problem is. I now have to wait 30 days before the congressman will do anything further. :( Was planning for the wedding in November as I thought we would be done by now. This is the 3rd time I moved the wedding date. Kinda hard to plan a wedding without the groom. And he doesnt understand that I need to plan a few months in advance due to work, getting a license etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm just curious which senator you contacted as we are a Moroccan/Wisconsinite couple as well. It took over 8 months to get my husbands visa from start to finish. Before our interview was scheduled in Morocco it was 5-6 months. Now we are doing AOS and both times I contacted our House Representative. I considered contacting Senator Feingold (who I think is your best bet) but I figured he would be more overwhelmed with this sort of thing. Just for the record however as I found out today (as well as with getting our interview) having intervention from an elected official can make a HUGE difference.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.