MSM

Did you get a visa after serving the 3/10 yrs ban ?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello my Vj friends ..

I am very curious to find out who already got a visa after a ban staying illegal, overstayed or out of status in the US ... The thing is I cant find anything saying that after you served the ban you are Ok to entry the country with a k1 visa .. I Already talked to some au pair who stayed in the country less than 180 days and they got the visa with no problem ..

I was living with my fiance for 11 months em 2008 ( Feb till dec 2008 ) .. so less than 365 days .. so I guess i got the 3 years ban .. So now in 2012 I guess im not in the black list anymore ...

Can anybody help me ??? It can be even with other types of visa ..

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello my Vj friends ..

I am very curious to find out who already got a visa after a ban staying illegal, overstayed or out of status in the US ... The thing is I cant find anything saying that after you served the ban you are Ok to entry the country with a k1 visa .. I Already talked to some au pair who stayed in the country less than 180 days and they got the visa with no problem ..

I was living with my fiance for 11 months em 2008 ( Feb till dec 2008 ) .. so less than 365 days .. so I guess i got the 3 years ban .. So now in 2012 I guess im not in the black list anymore ...

Can anybody help me ??? It can be even with other types of visa ..

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am curious for my fiancee because 27 years ago she came to the states on a K1, did not marry, too embarrassed to come home stayed about 10 months past the 90 days. Does anuone have info on this and if so can it will it affect her eligiblity. 2 years ago she told Us Emabassy everything and they gave her a 10 year B1/B2. So this is promising...as if they viewed her as ineligible they would not have granted her the visa. Any input for us??

Timeline

I am curious for my fiancee because 27 years ago she came to the states on a K1, did not marry, too embarrassed to come home stayed about 10 months past the 90 days. Does anuone have info on this and if so can it will it affect her eligiblity. 2 years ago she told Us Emabassy everything and they gave her a 10 year B1/B2. So this is promising...as if they viewed her as ineligible they would not have granted her the visa. Any input for us??

When i was searching and didnt find anything about my question .. I saw some fiancees who stayed in the US and didnt marry in the 90 days .. and didnt have any problem .. but I m not sure what happens if she left the Us after it and stayed 10 months out of status .. lets see if somebody can help us ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Well im not sure about being in the black list. My fiance has same situation. Overstayed his student visa by less than a year. Left voluntarily in 2007. We had interview last month and were told to show proof showing that the overstay was less than a year and the ban is over. Which it is because it was three years and was over in 2010. Anyways We were given a 221g to submit the documents. CO said once we sumbit the documents, they will review it and will issue visa eventually. Hope it helps.

Timeline

I left voluntary too .. before the visa expired on the passport .. I thought they had a list on their system or some way they could find out ... but i guess no .. I have tickets leaving Los angeles and going to Brazil with my fiance when I was leaving US .. I will take all the evidences showing I left US before 1 year visa I had (J1) ..

I think I have even the baggage tags from 2008 from American Airlines .. the email from the agency I was buying the ticket .. good to know this .. thank you Me&him

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Updating ... I got my visa .. with no questions about overstaying a j1 visa .. i guess i was honest on the forms .. and i had all the proofs leaving the country so i was a little nervous .. but they didnt request any doc ... or proof ..

they just asked normal questions about k1 visa .. 3 ones ..

Where did i meet my fiance?

If i lived with him in California

and when do we intend to marry ?

I guess after you serve the ban you dont have any problems ... or maybe the agency never reported me to the immigration

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.