RR in NH

Changing adress

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello everyone, I need some help here. Our NOA2 was approved on April 26th (of course we are super happy :dance: ) As much as I know I'll get a package from the U.S. Embassy with forms and a check-list to get the right documentation for the interview. I'm working from 7am to 6pm so I'm not at home and I'm concerned that I'll receive that package in my home address. I would like to change that address so I can get the package at work. Here is my question :help: How can I change the address??

I called the U.S. embassy in my country and they said USCIS should make that change, but my fiance called USCIS and they said it has to be the embassy ... :wacko: I'm sorry If I panic a lot but I think my package can get lost or someone can steal it or it can get super wet now that it is raining daily in Costa Rica.

Any suggestion??

Good look in your journey and hugs from Costa Rica.

Edited by RR in NH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everyone, I need so help here. Our NOA2 was approved on April 26th (of course we are super happy :dance: ) As much as I know I'll get a package from the U.S. Embassy with forms and a check-list to get the right documentation for the interview. I'm working from 7am to 6pm so I'm not at home and I'm concerned that I'll receive that package in my home address. I would like to change that address so I can get the package at work. Here is my question :help: How can I change the address??

I called the U.S. embassy in my country and they said USCIS should make that change, but my fiance called USCIS and they said it has to be the embassy ... :wacko: I'm sorry If I panic a lot but I think my package can get lost or someone can still it or it can get super wet now that it is raining daily in Costa Rica.

Any suggestion??

Good look in your journey and hugs from Costa Rica.

Hola!

I'm guessing that the information USCIS gave you is because they may think you need to make a change of physical address, but for something else rather than your reason for doing it.

The Embassy may not even mail it to you, but email it instead .. and there may be no need to have your address changed.

For faster replies, you can always report your message (button @ bottom left corner of the message itself) and have a moderator move your post to the regional forum; that way, it'll get the attention of someone from Costa Rica who knows about this step (it's consulate specific).

Don't panic biggrin.gif Someone from Costa Rica will be able to answer your question very soon.

good.gif

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Timeline

Rather than change your address with the USCIS can you get a temporary redirection of your mail through the post office so that all your mail goes to your work? That would solve a lot of confusion with the USCIS as changing addresses with them might cause problems with mail service and your paperwork process to be delayed. There must be such a service for people who go away for a month or so??

Alternatively, is there a family member or perhaps a trusted neighbour who could pick up your mail soon after it's delivered?

Hi, I hope this helps. I am not doing the K1 visa, I am doing the IR-1/CR-1 visa, but I think it would be the same. I was informed that the beneficiary will receive a phone call from the embassy instructing them to come pick up the packet at the Embassy. They do not like to send things by Costa Rican mail.

See "San Jose Consulate information" link on the Costa Rica portal page for their phone number. Call and ask the embassy.

Immigrant Visas:

Personal Interviews: Mon, Tue, Thu 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm

Walk-In Inquires: Mon, Tue, Thu 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm

Email: SanJoseIV@state.gov

Non Immigrant Visas:

Interviews: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 11:00 am

Telephone Inquiries: 0-800-052-1465: Monday - Friday 8:00 am- 6:00 pm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi, I hope this helps. I am not doing the K1 visa, I am doing the IR-1/CR-1 visa, but I think it would be the same. I was informed that the beneficiary will receive a phone call from the embassy instructing them to come pick up the packet at the Embassy. They do not like to send things by Costa Rican mail.

See "San Jose Consulate information" link on the Costa Rica portal page for their phone number. Call and ask the embassy.

Immigrant Visas:

Personal Interviews: Mon, Tue, Thu 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm

Walk-In Inquires: Mon, Tue, Thu 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm

Email: SanJoseIV@state.gov

Non Immigrant Visas:

Interviews: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 11:00 am

Telephone Inquiries: 0-800-052-1465: Monday - Friday 8:00 am- 6:00 pm

Thank you a lot :thumbs: , I'm glad to know they won't send the package by Costa Rican mail :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.