penny & said

cant get Social Security number till green card why

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everybody

after wating 8 for our interview ...last week my ssd where stolen it long story ...but i have police report ...i did got my driver licence back ...but today i went to get my ssd just like my driver licence ...they told me they couldnt even they give paper it said that number belong to my full number but my pasport or driver id couldnt prove it me wow it crazy ...as im working now i pay them tax and i show them my ead copy it still valid and driver licence and pasport they all matter to them visa or stamp in my pasport isnt that look stupid ...i live in usa and pay tax and have id but i cant prove it my ssd to get it replacemment which i have to have new EAD the i have lost in that walet so im not gona pay 400 fee and wait 3 month just for that ...which im gona have interview soon so im not gona need after a month ater ...my wife and me were so mad driving all the way there and wasting time just no help there so what you guys think we should do ?

n:i aprocait your advice and this happen to me it my happen to anyone so it good it share help here (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

They need proof of your immigrant status. The i-94 is what they're asking for as they might not have seen the EAD or be too familiar with it. Pay attention to the "originals or certified copies" required. My advise is to either go to a different office or write them a mail online explaining your situation and asking about the possibility of getting a replacement card.

Ask a question to SSA; http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/ask/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzM2MDEwMzE3L3NpZC9YaG5rRDhYaw%3D%3D

Refer to this site to support your claim of a replacement card; http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everybody

after wating 8 for our interview ...last week my ssd where stolen it long story ...but i have police report ...i did got my driver licence back ...but today i went to get my ssd just like my driver licence ...they told me they couldnt even they give paper it said that number belong to my full number but my pasport or driver id couldnt prove it me wow it crazy ...as im working now i pay them tax and i show them my ead copy it still valid and driver licence and pasport they all matter to them visa or stamp in my pasport isnt that look stupid ...i live in usa and pay tax and have id but i cant prove it my ssd to get it replacemment which i have to have new EAD the i have lost in that walet so im not gona pay 400 fee and wait 3 month just for that ...which im gona have interview soon so im not gona need after a month ater ...my wife and me were so mad driving all the way there and wasting time just no help there so what you guys think we should do ?

n:i aprocait your advice and this happen to me it my happen to anyone so it good it share help here (F)

Have you ever filed for Taxes? If that's the case, order your tax transcripts which have your name and social security on them. That's your best proof i can think of.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you ever filed for Taxes? If that's the case, order your tax transcripts which have your name and social security on them. That's your best proof i can think of

they it is me by my pasport id and driver id but they just dont wanna order me new one till my green card they crazy ....if my tax go to my ss why cant have new one....just like if i still have it i will still use it but i just want to replacemt it because i lost the card ...as evrything loook right ....they told me to go get stamp in my pasport new or get new ead wich gona cost me 400 and will come after 3 month just to get copy so what if i have interview or lost my job who is gona prove me for work ...i getting tired of this papers so drama :crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel your pain, but I don't see what else you can do other than wait for your GC. I can tell you that since I got my SSN card, not one U.S Government agency has ever ask me to see it. So you should be ok for now I hope. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.