CourtneyRox

Canadian Favourites

18 posts in this topic

I came across this website and thought I would share it with you all!

http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Edited by CourtneyRox

Removal of Conditions

[03-24-2014] ROC paperwork sent.

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

[06-17-2014] Card in production

[06-25-2014] Card in HAND

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ketchup chips.... =( how i miss thee!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I came across this website and thought I would share it with you all!

http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I kinda wish you didn't link this site... I just spent 10 minutes drooling over food I haven't had since I left Canada laughing.gif

My current list:

Cheese Bits

Nibs

Fudgee-O's

May West

Jos Louis

Aero Bubbles

Mars bars

Smarties

Oreos (they have them here in the US, but they just do not taste the same IMO)

Perhaps I'll stock up on my first visit back to Canada next month :D Although, I don't know how I'll squeeze all that into my stomach within 6 days huh.gif

LOL... I'm sorry! I was just so frustrated trying to find good dipping sauce for chicken strips, all they use here is Ranch! I miss my VH Plum/Cherry dipping sauce so much!!!

Removal of Conditions

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

LOL... I'm sorry! I was just so frustrated trying to find good dipping sauce for chicken strips, all they use here is Ranch! I miss my VH Plum/Cherry dipping sauce so much!!!

Are you planning a trip to Canada any time soon? You can stock up if you are :P

Are you planning a trip to Canada any time soon? You can stock up if you are :P

Not until Christmas!

Removal of Conditions

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny story about that site! Bill (hubby) ordered a bunch of stuff off there for me as a Christmas surprise. Well they never processed his order or charged his credit card. A couple months after they sent me a big box of sour cherry blasters (my favorite!) for free with a sweet note apologizing for the order issues. Apparently its a small family business, and they had some deaths in the family around the holidays. I thought that was really nice.

I miss plum sauce too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I miss all-dressed chips .. :(

Me too, this is probably the one food item I miss the most.

It's not exactly the same, but the 'duck sauce' that you can get at a chinese take out place is pretty good in its place. I miss plum sauce too.

Other things I really miss:

Wine gums

Crunchie

Genoa Salami (salami just isn't the same here)

San Danielle Mortadella

40 calorie Silhoette yogurt cups

Good crusty italian bread

President's Choice everything.. they make so many awesome salad dressings and sauces.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

My husband ordered some stuff from this site before I moved (some of you may remember the big display he made up and the fake account he made here to get ideas for it lol!). We have two fridge magnets with the web address :)

I am in Canada currently for a visit and to have our big wedding (dubbed Wedding Version 2.0, Canadian Edition). I find it so odd being here. Maybe I am adjusting well to the US or something but but it just feels weird being here after being gone so long.

Everytime I go into stores I am finding things I want to bring home with me. I have a list going in my cell phone lol!

VH Plum and sweet and sour sauces

Some of the VH cooking sauces (S&S, honey garlic, teriyaki etc)

Got some Ketchup as a wedding gift from my mom's friend (I refuse to eat any of the American stuff)

Caramilk bars (I had one the other day...omg so yummy!)

Some good old cheese! I can't find any good cheese in the US.

It just really sucks that I am trying to lose weight when this is a great time to bring back all my comfort foods! KD, all dressed chips, ketchup chips, vachon anything (omg Ah Caramel! Had one the other night too!). I have horrible self control when it comes to food, so it is best if I just bring back a few items and not stock up :(

Edited by sherrybaby

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

30 days to Tim hortons,lol 33 days back in Canada---good time to buy stocks in Tim Hortons and Taco Time!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

What!?! There's no wine gums?? I just asked my husband and he thought I was talking gibberish! NOooooo!

Now I'm missing wine gums. And president's choice - they had amazing salad dressings, chips, ice cream.. Ooooh man PC Butter Tart ice cream!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 especially with a scoop of that on pie for double the pie!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have found a brand here called California Chips and they have a flavour called Earthquake which is essentially all-dressed chips... I have only seen them at one or two stores though..

pic_si7_l.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.