Peevish

Withdrawal of K1 visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys. I just wanna clear something and hope you guys can help me. My xbf applied for my K1 visa April 2011 but then on May 2011 we broke up. Then on the middle of Aug. i received a letter from the Consular office Manila with regards of my Fiance Visa Interview. Obviously i've done nothing about it and just ignored the letter. Though i did asked my xbf to inform the USCIS or his Agent so that our record would be deleted but then his Agent told him that there was nothing to be done but to ignore the letter. And Now he's having a problem with his new gf. He actually applied a new petition for his new gf just 5 months after he applied for mine. And now..his new gf has been denied because they said he haven't write a letter of withdrawal with his first petition ( which was mine ). Well, he just recently did and is now waiting for the letter from the Consular as a response from his Letter of withdrawal.

My Question is.. Since i didn't took the interview... As a filipino Citizen Am i also entitled to write a withdrawal letter to the Consular Office Manila to clear things on my behalf? Esp. now that... my new bf is wanting to apply for a k1 petition for me? Do you think.. once my xbf got our record deleted....i have nothing more to do? rest assured that my record would also be cleared?

hope you can help me guys....

Thanks ^__^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys. I just wanna clear something and hope you guys can help me. My xbf applied for my K1 visa April 2011 but then on May 2011 we broke up. Then on the middle of Aug. i received a letter from the Consular office Manila with regards of my Fiance Visa Interview. Obviously i've done nothing about it and just ignored the letter. Though i did asked my xbf to inform the USCIS or his Agent so that our record would be deleted but then his Agent told him that there was nothing to be done but to ignore the letter. And Now he's having a problem with his new gf. He actually applied a new petition for his new gf just 5 months after he applied for mine. And now..his new gf has been denied because they said he haven't write a letter of withdrawal with his first petition ( which was mine ). Well, he just recently did and is now waiting for the letter from the Consular as a response from his Letter of withdrawal.

My Question is.. Since i didn't took the interview... As a filipino Citizen Am i also entitled to write a withdrawal letter to the Consular Office Manila to clear things on my behalf? Esp. now that... my new bf is wanting to apply for a k1 petition for me? Do you think.. once my xbf got our record deleted....i have nothing more to do? rest assured that my record would also be cleared?

Thanks ^__^

Just to let you know that the US Embassy keeps records of all visa apps. I think this could hurt you in the future trying to get a visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks ^__^

No. The responsibility is on the petitioner/ex-boyfriend to send a written notarized letter of withdrawal to USCIS. He should receive the confirmation letter of withdrawal from USCIS within two weeks of USCIS receiving his letter.

Yes. Your current boyfriend/petitioner can file the I-129f petition.

The only thing I see is.. They may asked you on the USEM interview about the previous petition and why it was withdrawn. Just explain what happen.

If you are on good terms with your ex-boyfriend. Have him email or send a copy of the confirmation letter of withdrawal from USCIS. Keep this handy just in case there is any issue during your process with the new petitioner.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from Working in America forum to K-1 Fiance Visa forum as a more appropriate location for this question

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I think it would very much be in your best interest to inform the consulate that your relationship has ended, and that you won't be requiring an interview.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.