mdunlap24

Received I-551 Stamp from Boston

8 posts in this topic

We sent our I-751 application to VSC on August 29. We're among those who haven't received a receipt yet. My husband will be going to the UK to work for 6 weeks. We made an infopass appointment for 7:00 AM today.

There was a parking space directly across from the JFK building thus avoiding the $33.00 parking garage fee. We sat in the car and waited for about a half hour until 6:45 AM when we realized that the meter was Out of Order. I fully expected to get a ticket, but figured it would be less than the price of the garage!

We walked across the street, waited until security opened the door at 7:00 on the dot, went through security, arrived at the proper room. We received our number and waited less than 5 minutes. Went up to the counter, explained why we were there. The immigration officer said that she hadn't heard there was a problem with VSC and she is usually more up to date than the 800 line - apparently not! We got the I-551 stamp in the passport and off we went. I was only 15 minutes late to work, and i live & work about 45 minutes outside Boston.

Things I learned:

1. Even if you have to wake up at 5:00 AM, take the first appointment. There were a lot of waiting chairs there, and can only imagine what the place looks like in the afternoon!
  2. Another benefit of the first appointment is that you can find parking on the street.

Our K3 Timeline:

February 29, 2004 - married in Las Vegas

March 6, 2004 - Mike returns to Auckland to await K3 process.

March 26, 2004 - Melissa files I-130 with Vermont.

March 29, 2004 - Received NOA1 from Vermont for I-130.

April 10, 2004 - Mailed in I-129F to Chicago for K-3.

April 19, 2004 - NOA1 received from Missouri

July 13, 2004 - I-130 NOA2 Approval from Vermont

July 22, 2004 - NVC Receives Case & Assigns

July 25, 2004 - NVC Sends Affidavit of Support Fee Bill & DS 3032

July 30, 2004 - Melissa receives and pays Affidavit of Support Fee Bill and scans and emails DS 3032 to Mike for signature.

August 9, 2004 - NVC prints Visa Fee Bill (isn't that redundant??)

August 20, 2004 Melissa Receives and pays Visa Fee Bill

August 21, 2004 Melissa Receives Affidavit of Support Packet

August 30, 2004 Melissa Sends Affidavit of Support to NVC

September 7, 2004 Melissa sends DS-230

September 13, 2004 NVC Completes Case!!

September 21, 2004 NVC Sends Case to Auckland

September 27, 2004 Auckland Consulate receives case

September 29, 2004 Mike receives Packet 3

October 2, 2004 Mike sends Packet 3

October 1, 2004 Mike sends back "I'm ready" letter

October 4, 2004 Mike receives interview letter!!!! Interview October 13, 2004!!!!!!

October 13, 2004 Mike's Interview!!!

October 29, 2004 Mike arrives in Boston!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good on yez!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Hi All,

Since i have yet to receive my NOA, i decided to finally call the 1800 number there was a 5 minute wait time and i was connected to an agent. After telling him why i was calling, the first thing he said to me was that "plenty of folks are in the same situation too", and that "the service centers are not getting their NOA's for I-751's sent out in a timely manner". He then verified my mailing address and gave me my receipt number and told me that Vermont has not generated a receipt for me yet and the best thing for me to do was to make an infopass app. so that i could either get a sticker on my expired GC or a stamp and that is exactly what i did. I have an infopass at the cherry hill office on the 23rd and hopefully, everything goes smoothly!!!! :thumbs:

Hi,

Congratulations on getting the stamp!!!!

I called the 1800 line agian yesterday and was amazed that my wait time was only 2 minutes. The lady I spoke to was very rude (like always). The first thing she told me was that I should have filed my application earlier :devil: and that I should just wait. Well, I filed my application four weeks before my card expires...........

She also told me that I should make an infopass appointment to get the stamp, but she could not confirm that I would be able to get the stamp.......

Anyway, I made an apppointment for the 19th at 7:45. Hopefully, they will give me the stamp.

Would did you bring to the infopass appointment? I only have my current card, a fedex delivery confirmation and a copy of the cashed check....

Hi,

Congratulations on getting the stamp!!!!

I called the 1800 line agian yesterday and was amazed that my wait time was only 2 minutes. The lady I spoke to was very rude (like always). The first thing she told me was that I should have filed my application earlier :devil: and that I should just wait. Well, I filed my application four weeks before my card expires...........

She also told me that I should make an infopass appointment to get the stamp, but she could not confirm that I would be able to get the stamp.......

Anyway, I made an apppointment for the 19th at 7:45. Hopefully, they will give me the stamp.

Would did you bring to the infopass appointment? I only have my current card, a fedex delivery confirmation and a copy of the cashed check....

I brought our I-751 application and all that goes with it. All she asked for was my husband's green card, to which she clipped off a corner to make it invalid and gave it back to him, and his passport, which she stamped with the I-551. No problems, no worries.

Our K3 Timeline:

February 29, 2004 - married in Las Vegas

March 6, 2004 - Mike returns to Auckland to await K3 process.

March 26, 2004 - Melissa files I-130 with Vermont.

March 29, 2004 - Received NOA1 from Vermont for I-130.

April 10, 2004 - Mailed in I-129F to Chicago for K-3.

April 19, 2004 - NOA1 received from Missouri

July 13, 2004 - I-130 NOA2 Approval from Vermont

July 22, 2004 - NVC Receives Case & Assigns

July 25, 2004 - NVC Sends Affidavit of Support Fee Bill & DS 3032

July 30, 2004 - Melissa receives and pays Affidavit of Support Fee Bill and scans and emails DS 3032 to Mike for signature.

August 9, 2004 - NVC prints Visa Fee Bill (isn't that redundant??)

August 20, 2004 Melissa Receives and pays Visa Fee Bill

August 21, 2004 Melissa Receives Affidavit of Support Packet

August 30, 2004 Melissa Sends Affidavit of Support to NVC

September 7, 2004 Melissa sends DS-230

September 13, 2004 NVC Completes Case!!

September 21, 2004 NVC Sends Case to Auckland

September 27, 2004 Auckland Consulate receives case

September 29, 2004 Mike receives Packet 3

October 2, 2004 Mike sends Packet 3

October 1, 2004 Mike sends back "I'm ready" letter

October 4, 2004 Mike receives interview letter!!!! Interview October 13, 2004!!!!!!

October 13, 2004 Mike's Interview!!!

October 29, 2004 Mike arrives in Boston!!!

Hello,

I got my stamp from the NYC office this morning. The whole thing took about one hour and 45 minutes with one person ahead of us. My advice is get there early and you should be fine. I can only imagine how long it would have taken had we gotten there any later than 07:15 am.

The officer told us the story you all know already....that the VSC is having computer problems. He was able to see our application in the computer and gave a receipt number (it does not work.....). He then told us to wait for the officer, who can actually stamp passports.

The officers were both very nice, but the guards were as always a real joy to deal with :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

now tell him to go to the TRI-NATIONS RUGBY!!!!! lol

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.