Jenn!

Mercoledi

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

First snowfall of the season for the Twin Cities...just as I'm leaving work to drive to class. Dur.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I was notified today that the company I have been temping for since July will be offering me fulltime employment next week at a very lovely salary. I'm really almost limp with relief. Some here know that I have been clawing my way up from minimum wage a year ago and now I should be able to provide comfortably for both Moh and myself when he comes (if he ever comes) until he can find work. First time in my life I'll be paid what I feel I deserve. Thank you God. Now where's the visa????

It's supposed to get down to 35 degrees here tonight. BLAH. I'm not quite ready for the cold weather yet.

Edited by just_waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was notified today that the company I have been temping for since July will be offering me fulltime employment next week at a very lovely salary. I'm really almost limp with relief. Some here know that I have been clawing my way up from minimum wage a year ago and now I should be able to provide comfortably for both Moh and myself when he comes (if he ever comes) until he can find work. First time in my life I'll be paid what I feel I deserve. Thank you God. Now where's the visa????

It's supposed to get down to 35 degrees here tonight. BLAH. I'm not quite ready for the cold weather yet.

Congratulations, Jean! That's great news about your job - well done! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

congrats Jean!! It's about time - you deserve it! Glad things are looking up - in some areas anyway. :star:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Way to go Jean!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well we had some good news today! We drove to Minneapolis for our Infopass appointment about Youssef's interim EAD - that we were told last month the center there was no longer issuing and we would just have to wait. Well I called last week, the lady at USCIS said to make another appointment, she was flagging the file and try again. So we drive the 2 hours over (in the snow as Rahma mentioned earlier) and I was sure we would not leave without some answers. So there was like 2 people ahead of us and we got up to a window pretty quick with a nice man. He asked why we were there, I explained what had happened last time, what the USCIS lady said, gave him all our papers. He said, "well they are supposed to make a decision in 10 days" (that would have been up 20+ days ago) So he checked and checked to see what was happening, asked if we went for our GC interview yet and I said we had yet to recieve a notice, he said "then there should be one coming very soon" He also said that Youssef had passed all the security and name checks so there was no hold up there. He then asked "Did you contact your congressmen?" I said we had about 3-4 weeks ago after the initial problem with the EAD, he said "Well it seems your congressmen has pulled the file and expedited it." I was a little unsure what this meant, so he explained to me that sometimes they make an inquiry and the file is then pulled out of the general applicant pool and put on an expedited track. He said if we have more questions or concerns we should go through the senator/representative who pulled the file on our behalf. He then went and spoke with HIS supervisor regarding whether he should place another inquiry on our file, but the supervisor confirmed what he had said about the representative. All in all he said we should be recieving our EAD very shortly and that our GC and AP would also be coming in the very near future. Alhamdulilah that's all I can say. I pray this man is not misleading us because this is the best news we have had in a long time!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

bump

:devil:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just think, there must be a 100 Wednesday threads out there waiting to be bumped :whistle:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Just think, there must be a 100 Wednesday threads out there waiting to be bumped :whistle:

Why stop at Wednesday? We wouldn't want to upset the other days. :whistle:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
:crying: I can't find my:

22%20-%20panic.jpg

ETA: boy that preson's keyboard is filthy. ewww.

I was just thinking you might want to find some 409 and clean that up! :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Happy Wednesday and greetings from Morocco! I am enjoying a fantastic vacation with my habibi! *hugs* to all.

And dayumn these keyboards are driving me nuts, Im back to hunt and peck LOL :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.