Luigiman2

Is the form I-864ez normaly required for k1 visa??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Just a question,as some of you know my girl got her interview date on the 19th(managua,nicaragua),she tells me that the embassy papers/instrucions are asking for all the usual stuff like the I-134 and sd 156 wich we have all done and got all proof etc,but she says they seem to be asking for the form I-864ez, is this normal, does it have something to do with her daughter,shes a minor(13yo) and I did mention her since the begining(on the I-129f and I-134) well i dont really know,I just want her interview to go as smooth as posible cause shes allready nervous about it as it is :( ,thanks guys :) .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most embassies and consulates request the I-134 form, but some do request I-864, fortunately they both use the same evidence so you should be able to fill out the for that they want. Also the I-864 dose not require a notarized signature.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
b. K-1 and K-3 applicants are subject to INA 212(a)(4) and must demonstrate to the consular officer's satisfaction that they will not become a public charge. The Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213 A of the Act cannot be required. Applicants may submit a letter from the petitioner's employer or evidence that they will be self-supporting. The Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be required when the consular officer deems it useful.
(bolded by me)

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/094...%20fam%20K-1%22

I'd be surprising if they asked for I-864ez for a K-1/K-2 application.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

Luigiman2,

"seem to be"? Find out for certain what they want.

Yodrak

Just a question,as some of you know my girl got her interview date on the 19th(managua,nicaragua),she tells me that the embassy papers/instrucions are asking for all the usual stuff like the I-134 and sd 156 wich we have all done and got all proof etc,but she says they seem to be asking for the form I-864ez, is this normal, does it have something to do with her daughter,shes a minor(13yo) and I did mention her since the begining(on the I-129f and I-134) well i dont really know,I just want her interview to go as smooth as posible cause shes allready nervous about it as it is ,thanks guys .

YuAndDan,

Name one.

Yodrak

Most embassies and consulates request the I-134 form, but some do request I-864......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Well im only going for what shes telling me, and the instruccions are in spanish so she sould be able to read it just fine, i did try to contact the embassy but no answer back yet, i told her not to worry about it cause we have the 134 ready and if they ask for the other form they will give us some time to get it,thanks guys :D .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.