ALJERENCE32549

confuse in processing k1 and k2

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,

We are going to apply for K1 for me and of the same time k2 for my son. my son is in my paper work as k2, and follow-to-join.

and then, we dont apply it on separate paper which is I-130. We ask his attorney about this matter, and she said, as long as my son is in my paper work.. e will be noted as k2 and can join me to travel in US if an only i get approve for my k1.

Last March 16, i recieved my Case number from the embassy.

Last April 10, i pay my k1 visa application. We thought that the payment also for me and my son is only 1 cause we are in 1 document. thats why i get confuse, so i ask my fiance to call the embassy and then she said that we also pay for my son for his visa interview as k2.

So, Last April16, we pay for my son Visa application for k2.

after that, we scheduled our appointment thru online. which is May 17, 2012 ( which is so soon).

but after a few days, i do not hear any news from the embassy. So i ask my fiance again to call them, and the one who answered said that she will just send me an email application confirmation for my visa interview for me and my son and said that i will jut print it out.

i already have my Appointment confirmation they sent thru my email.

We already booked a flight and hotel in manila.

But still i'm confuse, cause they did not send me a packet thru mail box, but just an email and just print it out..

is it possible? does anyone experienced same as mine?

does anyone have not recieved a packet thru mail box? but just recieved an application confirmation from the embassy thru yahoo email??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from AOS to Philippines regional forum as OP is not at AOS stage yet and has question about appointments at USEM *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

there is no packet sent thru the mail. it is available online. one note, the K-2 will not need to submit a form DS-156k.

webpage for forms and packets.... http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html

click the link for K-1/K-2 Interview Preparation Instructions.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.