Noah+Olga

Confused....please help.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone

I havent been here in so long even though it seems that we just started our journey.Anyway..I didnt know where to post this..soo..My husband and I are happily married and out 3 year anniversary is coming up.We didnt have any problems with our papers and are currently waiting for my 10 year green card.

The thing is though that I wanna go back to Russia.He would like to come with me but is enlisted in the NAVY for the next 4 years.I guess my question is do i go to russia for 6 months and then back to the States for 6 in order to keep my green card?and how does he move there after 4 years without losing his citizenship?

If anyone is going or had gone through the same situation id really appreciate all the help and advice.

Thank you guys.Good luck to everyone!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Once you have citizenship, you can live whereever you want. So I suggest you put off your plan to move to Russia for another year, until you can apply for and be approved for US citizenship (assuming Russia allows dual), and then you can travel wherever you want for however long you want.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

How long does it take to get your citizenship?i dont even have my permanent green card yet.when can we apply for citizenship?

You said you were waiting for your ten year greencard. Are you not a greencard holder now?

If you are still happily married to the USC you got your visa/ greencard through, you can apply 3 years minus 90 days after the "residence since" date on your greencard. So, since you came here on a K1 and are now removing condition on your residency, likely another year or less.

How long the application/ naturalisation process takes depends on your local office, anything from 2 months to 6+ months.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks so much for a quick response.I have my temporary green card extended for a year right now,we did the biometrics already and now just waiting for our interview.Actually we'll be calling uscis on tuesday to see if our case can get expedited since my hubby is in military.

And after a lot of talking we decided to stay here until i get my citizenship and then move to Russia or do 6 and 6.thats possible right?

Thank you for your help.i hope everything works out.

Timeline

Yep, once you get your citizenship you can live wherever you want for however long you want.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.