DreamsCatcher

would it help to explain the age difference in the initial application??

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

michellek,

Thank you - you illustrate the flaw in virtually every discussion on VJ about age difference, the failure to consider the context.

Yodrak

There's more than a couple of years between me and my man but personally I can't get my head around the older woman, younger man thing. Mind due, 23 years my junior would put him in second grade!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
There's a difference between extra relationship proof (perhaps advisable in this case) and trying to explain an age gap. ('Well, you see, her mommy and daddy loved each other very much 20 years before my parents did, and when mommies and daddies love each other very much.....')

I'm not sure exactly what the extra proof/explanation might involve, but I do know that there have been those who have included extra who have been successful. Of course, we can never know if they would have been successful had they not submitted the extra material. There is a certain burden to overcome in these cases that is not expected at other consulates. You basically must try to show that the beneficiary did not go online fishing for older women to use them for a green card.

Believe me, I do see your point. But I don't think you are familiar with the procedures at some of these consulates. I have seen cases that are returned by the consulate before the beneficiary is allowed to present any evidence.

Care to cite specifics? Must have been for technical reasons because I can't returning a petition for reasons outside the scope and purview of the adjudicator.

You can browse the MENA forum and find many examples. Many 221g's doubting the validity of the relationship, and no, not for technicalities. I think we've all concluded that it is not correct procedure what they are doing, but they are doing it nonetheless. See jasal's post as well about China. This is a consulate specific issue, so if you're going through England, no one would ever suggest addressing red flags in the I-129F.

There is a 35 year difference between me and my fiancee. My petition was received by CSC on July 18th, 2006, and was approved on September 18th, 2006. There was no RFE or anything questioning our age difference. There may be some questions at the interview, but we will face them when they occur. We're not worried about the age difference. We are prepared to show how strong our love is for each other and how it will be even better after we are married.

07/13/06 Mailed I-129F Petition

07/18/06 I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

09/18/06 I-129F Approved

09/22/06 Sent To NVC

10/11/06 Received by Manila Consulate

12/27/06 Received appointment Letter (packet 4)

02/13/07 Interview Date

02/19/07 Visa Received

04/22/07 Fiancee arrived in the US

05/06/07 Married In Las Vegas

05/14/07 AOS Filed

05/22/07 NOA1 received

05/31/07 Received Biometrics notice

06/13/07 Received email of case sent to CSC

06/14/07 Biometrics Appointment (3:00pm) at Naperville, Illinois

06/20/07 Received notice that case was still pending at CSC

06/21/07 Touched

07/18/07 Touched

07/24/07 Card Production Ordered

07/31/07 Green Card Received

04/22/09 I-751 Filed

04/23/09 CSC received the package

05/07/09 Check Cashed

05/11/09 NOA Received

06/05/09 Biometrics notice received

06/16/09 Biometrics schedule

07/10/09 Got approval notice

07/20/09 10 year green card received

05/27/10 N-400 packet sent

05/28/10 Arizona office received the package

06/09/10 Check Cashed

06/14/10 NOA received (receipt date 06/08/10)

07/16/10 Biometrics schedule

08/16/10 Yellow letter received (receipt date 8/10/10)

10/26/10 Interview (Approved)

03/04/11 Oathtaking

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone (F)

This is really a wonderful site, I have reading a lot good info on it and it really helps a lot to do things lot easier. we are preparing to send the I-129F package, collecting all the documents, proofs and letters. The issue is there is 23 years old difference shes the USC which is older than me, but we have known each other for more than 5 years on the net before meeting. I have almost all her emails ( I also made prints of the main yahoo screens to show dates of email cuz its not suitable to print all the emails of 5 years)also the chat logs but not all of them , I have letters from her, gifts and my friends also wrote letters for me as she meet them here and we all went visiting many places and had dinner (there are pictures). Now I know such big age difference is a definite red flag (as I think) will it help to mention and explain that a head of a time in the petition to the USCIC (Nebraska) about how we are deeply committed in this relationship all these years and how we are not hiding such red flag corse there will be the evidence of ongoing relationship included in the package beside the meeting in person ones.

Thanks so much :)

Appreciate your help :help:

Just go ahead no way it is going to be any hurdle in your case and the interviews

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.