klosar911

-Good aNd Bad News-

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all,

First of all i would like to thank everyone for kindly responding to all the questions i previously had,you guys are awesome!

Secondnly, my fiance had her interview in Moscow today, and everything went fine she completed the whole interview but one thing was not satisfying

the officer. She delayed the issuance of her VISA because her Affidavit form was not an original, it was a copy. She told her to mail in the

original and once they recieve it and review it,they will issue the visa and mail the passport back to her.

The reason she didn't have her original is becuase the mail i sent her is still enroute,it is kinda weird i mailed to her on April 4 and its still

not there...hmmm, kinda weird as far as im concerned.

I hope everything works out in the end. Has anybody else had a similar situation? Do they really work as fast as they say they will once you mail in

original documents?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Has anybody else had a similar situation? Do they really work as fast as they say they will once you mail in

original documents?

Didn't have that issue since we used FedEx Express.....cost was not an issue to me.

Yes, they will do as they say within a day or two upon receipt. Then figure about 3 more days to prepare the visa and send out the passport with the visa in it.

If they kept her visa, then you just provide the documents and all will be well.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats with your approval (even if it's conditional)!!!

Regular (1st class USPS) mail to Russia may be not only slow but unreliable as well - especially if the destination is not Moscow. At the end, all USPS shipments (including Priority and Express) are handled by Russian Postal Service, and I would not trust it with important documents (that said, I sent multiple parcels to Russia via USPS Priority with no issues - it just took a lo-o-o-ng time)...

Getting another copy of affidavit and resending it via DHL (I think it's the least expensive out of all non-USPS express mail options, when mailing to Russia) or FedEx (more expensive, could be around $150 or so) might be faster than waiting for your previous shipment to arrive.

Also, thanks for posting this - I was going to just email my fiancee scans of all the required documents for the interview when the time comes. Knowing that Moscow requires originals will save us some time and hassle.

Edited by FanTa

Timeline

Out of all the things i never thought the shippment was going to be the one that's going to be holding us back. Anyways when i mailed in the documents on April 4 by Express Mail International® they said it'll be there 5-10 days. At that time i didnt't know any better, it just sounded good to me. I'm not much experienced when it comes to shipping stuff over seas don't really shipp anything there.

If you look below there is a track of my letter!

I'm kinda worried now, since some of you guys said you wouldn't trust the Russian Post Serivices..hmm

Should i just wait, OR SHOULD I TAKE SOME ACTIONS,

i'd like some advice please..

P.S FINAL DESTINATION IS SHAKHTY--<< it is near Rostov-on-Don

Customs clearance processing complete

April 22, 2012, 4:58 pm

RUSSIA

Proof of Delivery

Customs Clearance

April 21, 2012, 1:30 am

RUSSIA

Processed Through Sort Facility

April 20, 2012, 1:51 pm

RUSSIA

Processed Through Sort Facility

April 04, 2012, 8:46 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Arrived at Sort Facility

April 04, 2012, 8:45 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Acceptance

April 03, 2012, 8:06 pm

NORFOLK, VA 23518

Timeline

Congrats with your approval (even if it's conditional)!!!

Regular (1st class USPS) mail to Russia may be not only slow but unreliable as well - especially if the destination is not Moscow. At the end, all USPS shipments (including Priority and Express) are handled by Russian Postal Service, and I would not trust it with important documents (that said, I sent multiple parcels to Russia via USPS Priority with no issues - it just took a lo-o-o-ng time)...

Getting another copy of affidavit and resending it via DHL (I think it's the least expensive out of all non-USPS express mail options, when mailing to Russia) or FedEx (more expensive, could be around $150 or so) might be faster than waiting for your previous shipment to arrive.

Also, thanks for posting this - I was going to just email my fiancee scans of all the required documents for the interview when the time comes. Knowing that Moscow requires originals will save us some time and hassle.

I'm glad i'm able to help you learn from my mistakes.. Good luck to you both

Timeline

I send things to Sveta all of the time through USPS. She lives in Cherepovets, but everything will sit in Vologda (the nearest Russian Postal hub) for at least 2 weeks. I would go ahead and get everything together and FedEx it to her again. It might be a waste of money, but then again it could make it before Russian Postal will deliver it.

FYI, everything that I have sent her has arrived, but one package took 9 weeks instead of the usual 4 weeks.

Edited by Jamie and Sveta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.