5 posts in this topic

Come ON vj members keep your timelines updated so we all have better idea how the services centers truely are doing and as most here knows the vj site timeline system goes by what the members enter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yes i totally agree! i think alot of ppl arent doing the timelines.

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Jamaica

I-130 Sent :2011-12-14

I-130 NOA1 :2011-12-16

I-130 RFE :2012-06-18

I-130 RFE Sent :2012-06-25

I-130 Approved :2012-08-06

NVC Received :2012-08-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :2012-09-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-09-06

Receive I-864 Package :2012-09-06

Return Completed I-864 :2012-09-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :2012-09-06

Receive IV Bill :2012-09-20

Pay IV Bill :2012-09-22

Case Completed at NVC :2012-10-04

Packet 4 Received :2012-10-12

Interview Date :2012-11-13

Interview Result :APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Come ON vj members keep your timelines updated so we all have better idea how the services centers truely are doing and as most here knows the vj site timeline system goes by what the members enter

While there is nothing wrong with encouraging people to update their timelines, expecting to make any particular difference is not realistic. More likely it will be more of the same. Unless there are a bunch of members out there getting their approval much faster than everyone else and NOT updating, nothing will change. Kind of like encouraging people to vote. it will not necessarily make a difference. There is no large number of people getting approved that aren't telling about it. The larger the database, the more it takes to change it.

Rather than looking at timelines which is, at best, a slightly educated guess, I would suggest reading the forums about AOS and also about the experiences people are having after moving here. Y'know, all the people that stared at timelines and then suddenly realized they need things like driver's licenses and such and have no clue what to do now. Check the "movcing here and your life in America" forum and the "general Immigration" forum. Treasure troves of information and warnings of the pitfllas to avoid.

Instead of saying "Sorry Sveta but those boobs at VJ are not filling in their timelinbes so I have no news" Better to say "Today I went to the DMV and found out everything we need to know to get you a drivers license, I also met with my company HR person about adding you to our health insurance" Silly stuff like that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

While there is nothing wrong with encouraging people to update their timelines, expecting to make any particular difference is not realistic. More likely it will be more of the same. Unless there are a bunch of members out there getting their approval much faster than everyone else and NOT updating, nothing will change. Kind of like encouraging people to vote. it will not necessarily make a difference. There is no large number of people getting approved that aren't telling about it. The larger the database, the more it takes to change it.

Rather than looking at timelines which is, at best, a slightly educated guess, I would suggest reading the forums about AOS and also about the experiences people are having after moving here. Y'know, all the people that stared at timelines and then suddenly realized they need things like driver's licenses and such and have no clue what to do now. Check the "movcing here and your life in America" forum and the "general Immigration" forum. Treasure troves of information and warnings of the pitfllas to avoid.

Instead of saying "Sorry Sveta but those boobs at VJ are not filling in their timelinbes so I have no news" Better to say "Today I went to the DMV and found out everything we need to know to get you a drivers license, I also met with my company HR person about adding you to our health insurance" Silly stuff like that.

well said Gary!! thanks!!!

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well said Gary!! thanks!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365339-georgia-drivers-license-for-fiance-from-egypt/

Here is an example of what you can be doing for YOUR fiancee right now, today. There are dozens of this type of post every day.

I can honestly say I never checked the online timeframes and never discussed the timeframe at all except we "expected" at the time to have Alla here "before Christmas". She arrived in September.

We DID talk every day about English tutoring for Pasha, ESL programs for Pasha, remodeling the house and choosing ceramic tile and paint (by cell phone photos sent in email) Alla's education, getting her educational material here, translated, evaluated, aplying for universities while she prepared and took the TOEFL exam in Ukraine. We were so busy we had little time to do anything but try to meet the deadlines. Of all the stuff that was NOT immigration related.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.