4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello! Ok, I am new to Visa Journey. My name is Julie Mosser and I am from Florida. My boyfriend, Jose, is from Mexico. We met January 2005 and pretty much started dating right away. It is now Oct. 2006 and we are more than ready to get things on the way to get married. We work on cruise ships so the process is even more difficult..timing and all. Here's the question...He has a Visitor's Visa(B1/B2 VISA/BCC), what more does he need to get married in the United States? Also, we were thinking about the possibility of doing the civil wedding earlier than the church ceremony and what would be needed for that process. Lastly, once married, what forms are needed for the Green Card. I know there is tons of information on this website and I have been reading it but I would like it told to me directly, like I'm an alien! I would love input from anyone also. Thank you!!

Julie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There is a lot in the guides: Look here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=otheraos

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The guides aren't going to help a whole lot in this case - there's too many variables at play.

If you work on cruise ships, he must also have a C1/D visa. He cannot adjust status from a C1/D, so it becomes difficult. Although he could enter to US on his B2 and you could get married, in order for him to be able to live in the US he would need to return to Mexico and you would have to complete the K3 - because of the inability to adjust from C1/D status, and the requirement for an interview in the home country, it would be nigh on impossible to do whilst he was opn the ship.

It would not be possible for him to adjust from his B2 whilst still working on the cruiseship, because for one he would be considered to have abandoned his AOS on leaving the US. Given that you also have plans to marry right now and he's not on dry US soil, it would not be sensible for you even to consider this as an option anyway; he may have trouble getting back into the US on his B2 as it is, if they ask the right questions at the POE. (Please note, I am not advocating anyone lie at the POE.)

I would suggest that you talk to your crew purser about any other options you have - although I can't see any - or consult an attorney when you're back on land. Sadly, your case is going to be a little more intricate timing-wise than most on here, if you want to continue working whilst the process is underway.

Good luck!

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.