luis_bici_

Preparing docs a little early

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a teacher, so I will have a bit more than 2 months of vacation soon. I plan to spend them with my fiancee and the adjudication date says late August when I have to be back at work/the US. I am hoping that things will go more quickly than that and that we can interview while I am there-before coming back. I will be at the interview y punto. I would like to not have to make an extra trip, for many reasons, to do so. I want to visit her with the necessary support docs in hand (salary well above 125% poverty line, but then will be dated late May for a possible early-mid August interview) and our travels and my job will be able to justify the dates I believe. What I am asking is for thoughts/suggestions and what do I need to bring with me/us? Thanks again to everyone in the forum!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I would not expect an interview that early. Late August is the estimation for the petition approval. The visa process which follows usually add a few more months, depending on your fiancee's consulate. Where is she from?

Documents that she will bring on the interview have to be recent. If she has her interview, let's say September-October at the earliest, May documents will be 4-5 months old... not too good.

BTW, your fiancee is the one being interviewed, you are not required to make an extra trip to come (some consulates even does not authorize the US fiance to enter). But again, it depends on which consulate your fiancee will be dealing with.

EDIT: Just noticed in your timeline that you mentioned the Caracas consulate. Members from Venezuela will tell you how long it usually takes to process the visa after the petition is approved. Or you can search for members who dealt with this consulate and see how long it took.

From these data: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op7=Venezuela&op1=&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

I would say roughly about 2 more months.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'd advise you to look at the K1 flowchart on VJ. To sum it up, it takes approx a week from approval until it gets to NVC. Sometimes the case is there for a couple of weeks. Then another week until it arrives at the embassy. From there i's country specific. In some countries it takes a few months to get everything ready and schedule an interview.

An RFE may slow you down, too.

Which country is your fiancee from? It helps to know so others can guide you better, especially with "shortcuts" to shave off a couple of weeks here and there(medical, gathering the required documents etc.).

Your first step in doing that is calling NVC when you're approved. Once they have given your petition an embassy case number and you get hold of that number, you can normally go ahead and schedule the medical - the panel physician in my home country had a 4 week waiting time, e.g.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: Timeline

Some help please- what exactly do I need to prepare for the interview and what will my fiancee (Venezuela) need? I will be spending my vacation with her, so I will be there and just in case...I want us to be prepared. And thanks to everyone on this forum- I've learned a ton and have been spared countless headaches already.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Here you go; http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Venezuela&cty=Caracas

Make sure that all info is up to date.

Here's the link for some reviews; http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Venezuela

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.