saudiwife

AOS interviews in Memphis, TN

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello All,

If anybody has had an AOS interview in Memphis,TN please please please let me know of your experiences.

~Saudiwife

09/19/2011- We met
10/15/2011- SA proposed marriage
11/04/2011- We married in an intimate affair

03/26/2012- We mailed I-130 I-765 I-485 (SNAIL MAIL)
03/29/2012- Confirmation of delivery to the Chicago Lockbox Office

04/19/2012- Processed on April 19, 2012 AOS from F-1 Visa
04/19/2012- Checks Cashed same day
04/27/2012- NOA hardcopy received.
04/30/2012- ASC appointment letter mailed out.

05/07/2012- Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter
05/25/2012- Biometrics done in Greer, South Carolina

06/06/2012- Email stating that our interview notification has been mailed out for the date of July 10, 2012 in Memphis, TN. Should be received in a few days. Nothing else regarding the EAD. Still waiting.

07/03/2012- I-765-EAD card production was ordered. Allotment of 30 days before receive.
07/10/2012- Interview at the USCIS Memphis, TN office at 1.30pm. We were approved on the spot. ALHAMDULILLAAH!!! :-)
07/13/2012- Received the 'work permit' came in the mailbox.
07/18/2012- Received the greencard in the mailbox. ALHAMDULILLAAH! :-)
07/20/2012- Applied for the Social Security number.
07/24/2012- Social Security number came in the mail. ALHAMDULILLAAH!!! :-)
07/30/2012- Applied for Tennessee driver's license and received the license. ALHAMDULILLAAH!!!! :-)

05/28/2014- We mailed the I-751 Removal of Conditions

06/13/2014- Received the NOA
06/17/2014- Received letter about Biometrics. Appointment is July 1, 2014 in Greer, SC.
06/26/2014- Did the Biometrics in downtown Nashville, TN instead of Greer, SC. (due to moving from NE TN to Nashville, TN)

12/03/2014- Case was moved from Vermont to California.

02/13/2015- Letter stating they need more proof of a bona fide relationship to be due back by May 14, 2015.

03/02/2015- Sent documentation to California.

04/13/2015- Received letter of congratulations for the removal of conditions and award of the 10 year green-card coming within 60 days.

04/17/2015- The letter and 10 year green card was received. Alhamdulillaah. Our USCIS journey is over since my husband will not apply for citizenship.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

• 4 months later...
Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Here is our story: we got married on June 5th 2012 in Athens, GA. It was a small wedding ceremony and only our family members were present. We took plenty of pictures together as we knew this would come in handy when I go in for my interview. We exchanged vows and wedding rings and began our new journey together.

My wife and I are both college students living in two separate states. She lives in GA and I live in TN (6 hour difference while driving).

I filed my application on June 21 (I did hire an attorney because I did not want to take any risk) and received a letter back on June 27 saying that they received my file for I-765 and I-485 and gave me a case status online tracking number.

I checked this site from the first day all the way until my interview. (I was way too hyped up and just wanted to hear back news ASAP) But I knew I had to play the waiting game just like everyone else.

Finally on July 1st 2012, I got a letter for my biometrics appointment which was two and a half weeks later -_- (July 18th). Days dragged by, just waiting to get this process done with.

Biometrics was super easy. Just go in to the office, drop in the notice letter in the slot and wait for your name to be called. Then they do the finger printing and out you go.

The wait after biometrics was the worst. I did get the I-485 notice for interview to be held in Memphis, TN on August 30 at 1:00 PM.

Weeks before the interview day, we started gathering every little piece of information that linked us together. I did not have a license or a SSN and I did not live with her currently so I could not sign up on her lease or have health insurance with her or car insurance. The only documents I had were

1. Joint Bank Account

2. Gym Membership

3. Bus tickets on my end and Plane tickets on her end. If you are in a relationship, save EVERY ticket. It will be worth it in the end.

4. We saved a lot of our letters that we wrote to each other, movie tickets, restaurant receipts, adventure tickets, game tickets that we attended

5. Pictures (We saved up at least a 1000 pictures of us being together, with our family, with friends) to show that we were happy and in a serious relationship

The days leading up to the interview, we practiced like this was life or death. We prepared and asked possible interview questions almost every time we talked on the phone. We were so overprepared.

Finally the day came for the interview, I was so nervous going in. I had an attorney present with me to the interview (BEST DECISION EVER MADE).

If you are planning to hire an attorney, I highly recommend you do so. Don't look at the money part, make sure they have a good reputation (like mine was). Our interview appointment was at 1:00 P.M. and we arrived there at 12:35 and waited until our attorney arrived to drop the letter in the slot.

At 12:45, I dropped the letter in the slot and five minutes later, my attorney arrived. I got called in around 1:05 P.M.

When we entered the IO's office, he told us to stand up and lift your right hand to take an oath. We said yes we will only say the truth and then the interview began.

The IO asked me my name, address, and date of birth.

Asked if I had SSN (I said No).

He asked my wife the same thing. My wife had SSN.

He went on to ask me how I met my wife and where we met and when it was. I answered truthfully.

He then went on to ask me the questions about if I had ever committed a crime in the US or helped someone get into the US illegally....I said No.

He asked if we lived together before marriage and I said no.

The gentlemen was SUPER nice. Very friendly and sociable. He was really shocked to see people our age getting married (I was 22 and my wife was 20).

He asked for our joint assets and I gave him EVERYTHING I prepared with. Bus tickets, joint bank account, gym memberships(with our names on it), my wife's plane tickets, PayPal account money transfers.

He then looked at our original birth certificate and original marriage certificate and turned to his computer.

There was silence for at least a minute. My back was sweating, I was so nervous.

Finally he broke the silence with "Congratulations, I am approving your case. You should get your green card within 30 days."

The IO was so kind to us and understood our situation. He also commented right after saying "Man you look like you are about to explode."

I was jumping with joy inside of me. I could not believe it. I have been waiting for this day since 2001 and finally everything I did paid off. I thanked God in my head first and then shook the IO's hand and said Thank you for everything! He printed us an approval letter and walked us out to the door.

I checked my status online and I got the welcome message and that I will soon become a permanent resident (conditionally) since we were married for only 3 months.

My wife and I are so happy right now. But I feel so deflated and drained out by the immigration process. I feel like a giant monkey has been lifted off my back and I am excited to start my future once my green card arrives.

I had to write this post because I read hundreds of posts on here before my interview and they helped me tremendously! I couldn't sleep for weeks so I ended up reading on other people's cases.

I cannot wait for my green card to arrive in the mail!

SO HAPPY!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Awww, thank you so much for posting your experience!

Congratulations to you and your love!

J

01/22/2011 - Met my now husband

06/09/2012 - Married the Best man in the world!

07/14/2012 - Mailed I-130 and I-485 packages

07/23/2012 - USCIS cashed our checks

07/25/2012 - Received Notice of Action letters for I-130, I-485 and I-765.

07/25/2012 - Received ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics. Biometrics scheduled for 08/14/2012 in Norfolk, VA.

08/07/2012 - Successful Walk-in Early Biometrics taken at a different ASC location (Alexandria, VA).

08/13/2012 - Called the FBI to ask about biometrics. USCIS have them!

08/27/2012 - Received Interview letter, Interview scheduled on Sept. 28th.

09/21/2012 - EAD card under production

09/28/2012 - Interview in Norfolk - No decision yet :(

09/29/2012 - EAD card received in the mail.

10/01/2012 - Case status updated - Approved! YAY!!!!

10/03/1012 - Card Production!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!

10/10/2012 - Green Card received in the mail! It's beautiful!!!

ROC

7/7/14 - Package sent to Vermont Service Center

7/14/14 - USCIS received Package, USCIS sent first NOA

7/22/14 - ASC Appointment Notice Letter

8/15/14 - Biometrics done

...waiting and waiting and waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.