EA10

RECEIVED CASE NUMBER WHAT'S NEXT?

15 posts in this topic

VJ

I just received my NVC case number today. I sent the choice of agent using the email format on this website.

Also, I paid the AOS ($88).

What's next?

When can I pay the IV portion?

Can I go ahead and mail off the I 864 and DS 230 with required documents? Or do I wait?

Thanks for the assistance all!!!!

VJ

I just received my NVC case number today. I sent the choice of agent using the email format on this website.

Also, I paid the AOS ($88).

What's next?

When can I pay the IV portion?

Can I go ahead and mail off the I 864 and DS 230 with required documents? Or do I wait?

Thanks for the assistance all!!!!

Grats on finally getting your case number! kicking.gif

Now that you've sent the DS-3032 email and paid the AOS fee, you wait. Get the AOS package ready while waiting.

The IV fee is only invoiced after the DS-3032 has been accepted, which should be in a week or so.

You have to wait for the AOS to appear as PAID in the payment portal before you can send the AOS package. And you have to wait for the IV to appear as PAID in the payment portal (once it's invoiced and you pay it) before you can send out the IV package.

Also

What is the correct mailing address for the NVC?

The address for the AOS package will be on the AOS bar-coded cover sheet from the payment portal. The address for the IV package will be on the IV bar-coded cover sheet.

Grats on finally getting your case number! kicking.gif

Now that you've sent the DS-3032 email and paid the AOS fee, you wait. Get the AOS package ready while waiting.

Great! Thanks you as always!!!!

The IV fee is only invoiced after the DS-3032 has been accepted, which should be in a week or so.

You have to wait for the AOS to appear as PAID in the payment portal before you can send the AOS package. And you have to wait for the IV to appear as PAID in the payment portal (once it's invoiced and you pay it) before you can send out the IV package.

The address for the AOS package will be on the AOS bar-coded cover sheet from the payment portal. The address for the IV package will be on the IV bar-coded cover sheet.

Not sure what happened but thank you! I really appreciate it!!!!

Not sure what happened but thank you! I really appreciate it!!!!

Your response is in the quote. Gotta put your response outside of the quote code :P

Nonetheless, you're welcome ^_^

Question for the AOS. On the I-864 it asks if you just want to send the most recent tax return or the past 3 years. Is it required to send the past 3 years?!? I just mailed off the AOS with only this years return and W2...

Question for the AOS. On the I-864 it asks if you just want to send the most recent tax return or the past 3 years. Is it required to send the past 3 years?!? I just mailed off the AOS with only this years return and W2...

No, sending the last 3 years of tax information is optional. The most recent year is required though.

Despite the 3 years being optional, you still have to fill out the information on the I-864 about previous incomes. You just don't need to send tax information if you don't want to.

And you've already sent the AOS package? The AOS bill appeared as PAID in the payment portal? If so, that was fast for getting a case number just yesterday blink.gif

GOt ya.

Thats what I did. Put my last 3 years info on the I-864 but only send this years.

I was surprised too. I paid it yesterday at work as soon as they emailed us the information regarding out invoice number, case number, etc.

They sent two separate emails with attachments.

I got into work today check it on the portal site and it said paid. Check my bank and sure enough the money was taken out.

So I printed off the bar code sheet and already had everything together and mailed it off!

Still waiting for them to let me know about my DS 3032. Need that to pay the IV and get that mailed off!

GOt ya.

Thats what I did. Put my last 3 years info on the I-864 but only send this years.

I was surprised too. I paid it yesterday at work as soon as they emailed us the information regarding out invoice number, case number, etc.

They sent two separate emails with attachments.

I got into work today check it on the portal site and it said paid. Check my bank and sure enough the money was taken out.

So I printed off the bar code sheet and already had everything together and mailed it off!

Still waiting for them to let me know about my DS 3032. Need that to pay the IV and get that mailed off!

I'm guessing your case number was assigned earlier than yesterday if you waited to receive the email about it. Usually it takes a few days from NVC assigning the case number to actually receiving the email package about it. That's why the AOS was already invoiced when you logged into the payment portal as it usually takes a few days from case number assigned to AOS being invoiced.

As for the DS-3032, keep in mind, it's taking around a week or so for NVC to respond. In the meantime, just get your IV package ready.

I'm guessing your case number was assigned earlier than yesterday if you waited to receive the email about it. Usually it takes a few days from NVC assigning the case number to actually receiving the email package about it. That's why the AOS was already invoiced when you logged into the payment portal as it usually takes a few days from case number assigned to AOS being invoiced.

As for the DS-3032, keep in mind, it's taking around a week or so for NVC to respond. In the meantime, just get your IV package ready.

Thats what possibly could have happened. I continued to call them but they still said I had no case number then one morning at work I got the emails about it.

I am getting the IV package together now.

We have everything other than my Wifes NBI clearance. She has one but it expired this month. She will travel to the Philippines to get it renewed.

Medical, Japanese police clearance and base police clearance already complete!

Thats what possibly could have happened. I continued to call them but they still said I had no case number then one morning at work I got the emails about it.

I am getting the IV package together now.

We have everything other than my Wifes NBI clearance. She has one but it expired this month. She will travel to the Philippines to get it renewed.

Medical, Japanese police clearance and base police clearance already complete!

Glad you've got most of it prepared! And hope your DS-3032 is accepted soon and then the IV bill invoiced quickly.

Also, am I allowed to hand carry my police certificates?

I see they are part of the IV package but the police here and the embassy here (Tokyo) both told me not to open the SEALED envelope that they would do that the day of the interview.

So can I just write on the cover page that I will hand carry the police cert?

Also, am I allowed to hand carry my police certificates?

I see they are part of the IV package but the police here and the embassy here (Tokyo) both told me not to open the SEALED envelope that they would do that the day of the interview.

So can I just write on the cover page that I will hand carry the police cert?

The police certificates are needed in the IV package, so they have to be sent to NVC. You can try explaining in a cover letter about your Tokyo PCC, but you might get a checklist for it regardless.

Filed: Timeline

I called and they gave me the NVC number for my application. My application was scanned in yesterday. How do I know when I can send the choice of agent e-mail and pay the AOS fees? From you post above it looks like you did this all the same day you got your number. How did you do it all in one day?? Thanks

You should get an email from the NVC with your case number and invoice number. As soon as you get a case number you can email the DS 3032. You need your case number and invoice number to pay the AOS fee on the NVC payment portal website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.