Shane and Lovely

Problem with NBI

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, we have a freak problem. My fiancee's NBI expired and she went to renew it after her SLMC appointment today. The problem is there is another person with the same first and last name as her .... (different middle) that has a conviction and they have to do a background check... even though she's been out of the country working till last October. They said it's just routine however they don't expect it will be done till May 10th. She expected this to be as easy as her last renewal, a quick and easy process. Our appointment with the embassy is on May 9th. Hence my question, What can we do if her NBI is still pending at the time of her appointment?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-13

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-02

NVC Received : 2012-04-06

NVC Left : 2012-04-17

Interview Date : 2012-05-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-05-18

US Entry : 2012-06-01

Marriage : 2012-06-08

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, we have a freak problem. My fiancee's NBI expired and she went to renew it after her SLMC appointment today. The problem is there is another person with the same first and last name as her .... (different middle) that has a conviction and they have to do a background check... even though she's been out of the country working till last October. They said it's just routine however they don't expect it will be done till May 10th. She expected this to be as easy as her last renewal, a quick and easy process. Our appointment with the embassy is on May 9th. Hence my question, What can we do if her NBI is still pending at the time of her appointment?

Go to the interview with your current NBI, let them know at the embassy you have a new NBI ordered, they will arrange to pick it up from NBI. You will have a short delay but nothing serious.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Go to the interview with your current NBI, let them know at the embassy you have a new NBI ordered, they will arrange to pick it up from NBI. You will have a short delay but nothing serious.

I was actually hoping it would be such a simple solution. She explained she needed it earlier and they said it may be ready but couldn't promise. So I needed a fall back plan. Thank you for the prompt reply.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Timeline

Shane and Lovely,

We were intespitating the same situation. My fiancee thought she was on the hit list so she renewed her's yesterday, so we will have it in time for our up coming process. It turns out we were lucky, she was not on the hit list and got the new updated one.

It is possible they may over look it. Don't volunteer it. Let them tell you it is out of date, then tell them you have a new one ordered. Good luck to you.

Use Walley Green's thread My visa guide Manila. It looks like it is helpful and on the money. We will be using it.

When do you plan to do the Medical? It looks like it has to be done 4 to 5 days before the Interview, so the paper work makes it over from St. Lukes in time. Meanwhile you can do the CFO. We sure hope you are able to time everthing just right, so you get the process done and make it to your POE asap. Keep us updated on your process.

Where will you be living?

01/09/2012 - Sent to TSC

01/10/2012 - Received by TSC, transferred to VSC

01/13/2012 - check cleared bank and email from USCIS

01/17/2012 - NOA from VSC Receipt # notice no case #

Timeline

Shane and Lovely,

We will be long distance neighbors. I live in Suwanee, GA. Once we all get settled here in the US, lets have a beverage and conversation sometime. We wish you a speedy process to the US.

01/09/2012 - Sent to TSC

01/10/2012 - Received by TSC, transferred to VSC

01/13/2012 - check cleared bank and email from USCIS

01/17/2012 - NOA from VSC Receipt # notice no case #

Timeline

Shane and Lovely,

We will be long distance neighbors. I live in Suwanee, GA. Once we all get settled here in the US, lets have a beverage and conversation sometime. We wish you a speedy process to the US.

That would be awesome, and we both love to travel so it sounds fun.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has your fiancee gone to the main NBI office in Manila? it is just behind SLEMC. She can go in there to see if she can pick it up. My wife did the same thing when we were there. We did the St. Lukes in the morning , then in the afternoon, went to NBI office and picked up the NBI clearance. It did not take long since she had ordered an updated NBI earlier. It took about an hour of so since already had a clearance, my wife was able to go right in. We, my wife's dad and I, waited outside in the "courtyard grounds".

Best of luck. Glad things are going so well. Don;t forget to the do the CFO as well.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Has your fiancee gone to the main NBI office in Manila? it is just behind SLEMC. She can go in there to see if she can pick it up. My wife did the same thing when we were there. We did the St. Lukes in the morning , then in the afternoon, went to NBI office and picked up the NBI clearance. It did not take long since she had ordered an updated NBI earlier. It took about an hour of so since already had a clearance, my wife was able to go right in. We, my wife's dad and I, waited outside in the "courtyard grounds".

Best of luck. Glad things are going so well. Don;t forget to the do the CFO as well.

Yes that is where she went today, and usually it is just the way your wife had it done. My fiancee has had this done a few times already and expected the same. Problem is the flag on her name due to another person with her name that had a conviction since the last time she renewed her clearance. They said there will be no problems and that they would have it ready in two weeks on the 10th, but we are still up against the time table for the interview. They know it's not her, but still have to go through the standard procedure. The also told her it may be ready earlier, that she can check on the 8th but they can't guarantee it will be ready.

Edited by Shane and Lovely

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Timeline

Shane &lovely,

Nothing u can do to rush your nbi, rules is rules,if she go to interview w/0 nbi then expect AP.u can explain to staff at the us embasssy about your nbi,hope she'll get it before her big day.

don't worry if she's not guilty of any crime she's fine just name check.waiting waiting!my prayer is for u.

Masipag

Timeline

Shane &lovely,

Nothing u can do to rush your nbi, rules is rules,if she go to interview w/0 nbi then expect AP.u can explain to staff at the us embasssy about your nbi,hope she'll get it before her big day.

don't worry if she's not guilty of any crime she's fine just name check.waiting waiting!my prayer is for u.

Masipag

can you explain what exactly is an AP and how long a delay would be expected?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

can you explain what exactly is an AP and how long a delay would be expected?

AP = Administrative Processing.

If your fiancee proceeds to the interview and the NBI becomes an issue, it's very simple, she will be given a 221(g). The Embassy will get a new NBI, review it, if it is acceptable, your fiancee's visa will be printed and delivered. This same process as described has been repeated a million times - just have your fiancee attend the interview with the NBI she has if the updated NBI is not available.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

If your fiancee proceeds to the interview and the NBI becomes an issue, it's very simple, she will be given a 221(g). The Embassy will get a new NBI, review it, if it is acceptable, your fiancee's visa will be printed and delivered. This same process as described has been repeated a million times - just have your fiancee attend the interview with the NBI she has if the updated NBI is not available.

If this is done, how long a delay should we expect?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Filed: Timeline

It won't be a 221(g)

Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act

(g) No visa or other documentation shall be issued to an alien if (1) it appears to the consular officer, from statements in the application, or in the papers submitted therewith, that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 212, or any other provision of law, (2) the application fails to comply with the provisions of this Act, or the regulations issued thereunder, or (3) the consular officer knows or has reason to believe that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 212, or any other provision of law: Provided, That a visa or other documentation may be issued to an alien who is within the purview of section 212(a)(4), if such alien is otherwise entitled to receive a visa or other documentation, upon receipt of notice by the consular officer from the Attorney General of the giving of a bond or undertaking providing indemnity as in the case of aliens admitted under section 213: Provided further, That a visa may be issued to an alien defined in section 101(a)(15)(B) or ( F), if such alien is otherwise entitled to receive a visa, upon receipt of a notice by the consular officer from the Attorney General of the giving of a bond with sufficient surety in such sum and containing such conditions as the consular officer shall prescribe, to insure that at the expiration of the time for which such alien has been admitted by the Attorney General, as provided in section 214(a), or upon failure to maintain the status under which he was admitted, or to maintain any status subsequently acquired under section 248 of the Act, such alien will depart from the United States.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html

Edited by ☼

Filed: Timeline

If this is done, how long a delay should we expect?

She may be put into holding status awaiting the form from the NBI. She may be told to return with the document when she receives it and given a slip with further instructions.

Edited by ☼

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It could be delay the process but hang on there, you'll get it. yes.gif

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.