TammyandJosh

DHL letter loomis at interview?? what?

10 posts in this topic

Im reading montreal reviews and am making myself sick with ?s..lol

I keep reading about loomis and dhl letters? Do i not just need my passport and scheduled appt letter?

I'm not sure how it is with K-1 visa applicants, but for IR-1/CR-1 applicants, you need to sign up for DHL/Loomis so they can return your passport to you. And starting a few months ago, they won't even let you inside the consulate until you show DHL confirmation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When my husband registered with Loomis via the CSC site, I took a screenshot of his "account info" that had his name, passport number, and reference number. Then I pasted that photo into a document for him to print and present at the door. It looked nice, but the most important thing is to have a reference number to show for.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So I neglected to print the confirmation page out when I originally registered for loomis and now I can't figure out how to prove it. Does anyone know? I can go in and change the place, but it just goes back to the main page it doesn't give any kind of confirmation page. I can see a page that says which consulate, which branch for loomis and it has the passport # and DOB. If I screen shot that is that sufficient? Our interview is next Wednesday and we fly out on Saturday so I need to get on this!

So I neglected to print the confirmation page out when I originally registered for loomis and now I can't figure out how to prove it. Does anyone know? I can go in and change the place, but it just goes back to the main page it doesn't give any kind of confirmation page. I can see a page that says which consulate, which branch for loomis and it has the passport # and DOB. If I screen shot that is that sufficient? Our interview is next Wednesday and we fly out on Saturday so I need to get on this!

I don't remember having any DHL confirmation page when I went for my interview in Sept 2011. My interview was for a K1 visa, they really didn't ask for any of the paperwork I brought.... You can check out my consulate review in my timeline!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=108263

Removal of Conditions

[03-24-2014] ROC paperwork sent.

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

[06-17-2014] Card in production

[06-25-2014] Card in HAND

Timeline

I don't remember having any DHL confirmation page when I went for my interview in Sept 2011. My interview was for a K1 visa, they really didn't ask for any of the paperwork I brought.... You can check out my consulate review in my timeline!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=108263

It is needed before you can get in the consulate. Someone was turned away in front of me as they could not find their receipt.

I'm not sure why someone did a screen shot as my receipt was a document that I could save to my computer and print when I wanted.

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

Timeline

You need to register (take 5 min) to obtain a Reference Number. Take that reference number with you along with the PP and appt letter. These three things are must to enter into the consulate.

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courier_information

Timeline

I'm not sure why someone did a screen shot as my receipt was a document that I could save to my computer and print when I wanted.

I don't recall having that option, so I created a doc with the screenshot.

Here's a screenshot of the screenshot :) It worked fine to get my husband in the door.

560366_3847684667691_1145421702_3661366_1085482605_n.jpg

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

That summary page you see when you log on, that shows the DHL location you chose, that IS the confirmation page.

I don't recall having that option, so I created a doc with the screenshot.

Here's a screenshot of the screenshot :) It worked fine to get my husband in the door.

560366_3847684667691_1145421702_3661366_1085482605_n.jpg

That's exactly it!! I either did the same as you and took a screenshot, or I printed the web page out, can't remember laughing.gif

Timeline

Aha! Thanks! When I logged back in today that page was the first thing that showed up so I screen shot it and printed it out! I guess I wasn't looking for the first page to actually be what I needed and for once it was. Thanks everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.