Culchie

Fiancee's Interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where should I request that an interrupter be present at my fiancee's interview ? On a separate paper, or paper clipped to the cover letter ?? Thanks.

Wayne

Edited by Culchie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You mean interpreter? There are some US embassy that they would ask if you need an interpreter (if thats what you mean) yes.gif

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Timeline

Hmmmmmmm, spellcheck didn't give me that option. haha Yes, that's what I mean. I just want to request one, in case they don't ask her. So she will totally understand and be less stressed. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where should I request that an interrupter be present at my fiancee's interview ? On a separate paper, or paper clipped to the cover letter ?? Thanks.

Wayne

You can make a formal letter on a separate paper and indicate it to your cover letter. During the interview she can ask an interpreter too. Usually, the people that works in the embassy that is a native from your fiancee's country will assist her and stand as an interpreter. Which country is your fiancee?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wayne

Welcome to the forum.

To get a more focused response, :time:

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

You can make a formal letter on a separate paper and indicate it to your cover letter. During the interview she can ask an interpreter too. Usually, the people that works in the embassy that is a native from your fiancee's country will assist her and stand as an interpreter. Which country is your fiancee?

She is from the Philippines

Timeline

She is from the Philippines

That is not a problem. She can request an interpreter if she wants too. But, she don't really have to worry about the interview because they usually ask a basic questions. Tell her to start searching the interview experience in the Philippine forum-k1 experience. It will surely help her and give her an idea what would be the possible scenario during the interview. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on what I experienced, they asked me if i needed interpreter. So for sure, IO will do the same to your fiance. Goodluck!!!

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You question has already been answered. I just laughed very hard there and wanted to share. Interrupter he he he. I love that spellcheck thing. Good luck at interview and congrats on NOA2(if you have that already) :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

Where should I request that an interrupter interpreter be present at my fiancee's interview ? On a separate paper, or paper clipped to the cover letter ?? Thanks.

Wayne

You do not need to request an interpreter the embassy will give your fiancee the option of what language she would like to speak.

In fact the CO we had spoke Tagalog, my fiancee hesitated answering a question and he immediately re-asked the question in Tagalog, she replied in English. I was very impressed with how quick the CO was to switch to Tagalog.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks guys ;) It says passport style photo. Not official passport photo. Can I take it myself ??

As long as it lives up to the standards mentioned on the webpage then yes, you can do your own pictures. Passport style photos. I did mine and they were accepted both at interview and AOS.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.