ahmed_f

inquiry about the interview date

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello, I sent to the US embassy in cairo a message to ask about my interview date they replied ' We acknowledge receipt of your case. We forwarded a packet of instructions with the required documents and forms to your address in Egypt via DHL. Upon receipt of your completed packet, we will schedule an appointment for your final visa interview on the first available slot" is this normal? I sent to the NVC all the documents and forms they needed in the Packet IV so why do they ask about additional forms ?

07-17-2011: Marriage

10-31-2011: Mailed I-130

11-02-2011: NOA1

03-07-2012: NOA2

03-23-2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

04-02-2012: Mailed IV and AOS

04-12-2012: Case Completed at NVC, forwarded to Embassy

05-23-2012: Interview date

Hello, I sent to the US embassy in cairo a message to ask about my interview date they replied ' We acknowledge receipt of your case. We forwarded a packet of instructions with the required documents and forms to your address in Egypt via DHL. Upon receipt of your completed packet, we will schedule an appointment for your final visa interview on the first available slot" is this normal? I sent to the NVC all the documents and forms they needed in the Packet IV so why do they ask about additional forms ?

I think they were confused and thought you were a K1 visa applicant. K1s receive packages directly from the embassy and send the completed ones back. But for IR-1/CR-1 applicants, like you, packages are sent to NVC.

If you want to know your interview date, you should be calling NVC and DOS about it. You'll also receive an email from NVC when it is scheduled.

Timeline
:( so what should I do ? is this because we got expidite? I'm confused

:( so what should I do ? is this because we got expidite? I'm confused

When did you expedite?

Filed: Timeline

When did you expedite?

In another thread, I think this same OP said that the NVC granted an expedite request and sent the case directly to the embassy. I am guessing that the case is stuck somewhere between NVC sending it and the consulate getting it. I've never encountered this particular situation so maybe someone who has can offer a suggestion.

But yes, if they think the OP is a K-1 you need to inform them that you are seeking a CR-1 but that the NVC sent the case directly to them. Ask them what they need from you and send you the instructions if there is one. It looks like you sent your materials to the NVC, so I wonder if they will make it to the consulate or if you will have to resubmit.

Edited by grrrrreat

Timeline

Thank you all , the Embassy sent to me e mail this morning said they recieved my papers in 22nd,April and my interview date will be 23rd,may :) I still don't understand what happened but it seems the embassy recieved my case before our packets due to the expedite :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.