9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

So, I have a co-sponsor, and according to the I-864 on 21g, I may include family members who live with that I combined my income with to be able to support the beneficiary. Does my co-sponsor have to write "01" (as in adding me), or do I have to write that? Also, it said on the instructions for this form that if I do have people on that 21g question, that they have to fill out form I-864A? Any experience with this? I've never heard of anyone having to fill in this form before... so would that mean that I have to fill out both the I-864 and the I-864A? But I thought I would not have to, given that I'm the primary sponsor anyway?

Please help... I really don't know what to do...

I thought you lived in Russia. What household members are you talking about?

It's better if your co-sponsor qualifies on their own anyway.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

So, I have a co-sponsor, and according to the I-864 on 21g, I may include family members who live with that I combined my income with to be able to support the beneficiary. Does my co-sponsor have to write "01" (as in adding me), or do I have to write that? Also, it said on the instructions for this form that if I do have people on that 21g question, that they have to fill out form I-864A? Any experience with this? I've never heard of anyone having to fill in this form before... so would that mean that I have to fill out both the I-864 and the I-864A? But I thought I would not have to, given that I'm the primary sponsor anyway?

Please help... I really don't know what to do...

Do you live with the cosponsor and are they a relative? If the co-sponsor isn't a family member or doesn't live with you, the co-sponsor can't include your family members on the co-sponsor's form.

if you plus the family members that live with you qualify, you don't need to have the co-sponsor.

Edited by grrrrreat

Timeline

I thought that since I'm not a permanent resident in Russia that I can still consider my permanent address as in the States? If not and they mean people who live me NOW yep, guess it's 00. My co-sponsor more than qualifies, I just thought in my 3 am tiredness that I could include him/he include me there sinc I'm not permanently living here.

So this means that in the G325 I have to list my Russian address as well (where it says where I've lived the last five years)?

I thought that since I'm not a permanent resident in Russia that I can still consider my permanent address as in the States? If not and they mean people who live me NOW yep, guess it's 00. My co-sponsor more than qualifies, I just thought in my 3 am tiredness that I could include him/he include me there sinc I'm not permanently living here.

So this means that in the G325 I have to list my Russian address as well (where it says where I've lived the last five years)?

You can only qualify as a sponsor if you are domiciled in the U.S. or you are going to establish domicile in the U.S. when the immigrant arrives. This means having somewhere to live and a job lined up when you get back to the U.S. For sponsorship purposes, it doesn't necessarily depend on your status in Russia.

The only people you have to list as part of your family size is your spouse and any other people that you list as dependents on your tax return. You include relatives that live with you in the same house as part of your family size only if you are adding their income to yours to meet the poverty guidelines.

Timeline

You can only qualify as a sponsor if you are domiciled in the U.S. or you are going to establish domicile in the U.S. when the immigrant arrives. This means having somewhere to live and a job lined up when you get back to the U.S. For sponsorship purposes, it doesn't necessarily depend on your status in Russia.

The only people you have to list as part of your family size is your spouse and any other people that you list as dependents on your tax return. You include relatives that live with you in the same house as part of your family size only if you are adding their income to yours to meet the poverty guidelines.

I do have a place to live, and while I don't have a job, I have a bank account (pay my bills there too) and I'm a student so the reason I'm going back is to graduate. But I have to provide the intent to establish domicile proof only after submitting the I-130 and G325 right?

Thanks for the clarification!

I do have a place to live, and while I don't have a job, I have a bank account (pay my bills there too) and I'm a student so the reason I'm going back is to graduate. But I have to provide the intent to establish domicile proof only after submitting the I-130 and G325 right?

Thanks for the clarification!

Yes, your original question had to to with the I-864, which is only submitted after the I-130 is approved. If you lived in Russia, you have to list that where requested on the other forms. It doesn't have anything to do with domicile for I-864.

Edited by grrrrreat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.