Danneh

How Long After Your Interview Did You Have Your Visa In Hand?

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

For those of you that have done it, how long did it take after the interview to have the visa in hand? Just curious.

Thanks. :)

Rough Timeline
(I'm terrible with dates)

• Met online May 2008
  • Began dating August 2010
  • Met face to face July 2011
  • Became engaged October 2011
  • Filed Petition for Fiancé Visa October 2011
  • Approved case forward to Sydney Consulate February 2012 (with the wrong email address- caused a lot of stress trying fix)
  • Packet 3 sent to Consulate April 11 2012
  • Interview date sent back on April 18 2012 (according to them. I had to email to find out, which I got a reply to on April 26)
  • Interview scheduled for May 15 2012
  • Interview on May 15 2012: VISA APPROVED
  • Visa arrived in hand May 21 2012
  • Hopeful wedding date: July 7
  • Married July 7
  • Filed for AOS several days later
  • April 29, 2013: Immigration requested additional evidence (my medical)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my visa for less than two weeks including two Saturdays, two Sundays and a holiday. :yes:

04.26.11 ▌I-129F sent via USPS Express Mail

04.28.11 ▌NOA1 notice date

07.23.11 ▌NOA2

08.16.11 ▌NVC email received

08.24.11 ▌First day medical

08.25.11 ▌Second day medical

08.26.11 ▌Got interview schedule online

09.01.11 ▌Interview :)

03.28.12 ▌ AOS interview (passed)

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you." Dale Carnegie

"There is no shortcut to the path of success. The process of getting there is more important than being there."

6i0Hp8.png

Be my inspiration and the gravity that keeps my feet on the ground; in other words, a pair of wings and a block of concrete :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I got mine the Monday after my interview :)

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Brilliant, thanks guys. ^.^

Rough Timeline

• Met online May 2008
  • Approved case forward to Sydney Consulate February 2012 (with the wrong email address- caused a lot of stress trying fix)
  • Interview date sent back on April 18 2012 (according to them. I had to email to find out, which I got a reply to on April 26)
  • Married July 7

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

15 days

My gosh, Flanders, it took you 15 days? What kind of post did they use?

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Two or three days.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

there may have been other delays, not necessarily the post. Some people have had to wait up to a month a more for theirs for a various reasons

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Platinum Express! When I checked the timeline of other VJ members who had their interview on the same day, they all got theirs within a week. I kept tracking my article on AusPost day by day, even hour by hour. It was absolutely soul-destroying.

Hi

They send it themselves, right? I saw a discussion on whether or not to bring a paid express envelope to the interview. I can't find that thread now... Do we bring our own envelope?

Rough Timeline

• Met online May 2008
  • Married July 7

Timeline

Flanders: Did you provide your own platinum express envelop? I didn't know there were other VJs who had interview on the same day (in Aus or NZ). I think if you saw the other ones got theirs in a week, they might be outside Aus and yes they are quicker than us...... Aus is somehow very slow in every step it seems.....eh....bad for us. :crying:

Danneh: yeah the new system seems like we don't need to provide them with an envelop. I wanna pick mine up in person, but I can only ask them this on the interview day, next Tue!

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Flanders: Did you provide your own platinum express envelop? I didn't know there were other VJs who had interview on the same day (in Aus or NZ). I think if you saw the other ones got theirs in a week, they might be outside Aus and yes they are quicker than us...... Aus is somehow very slow in every step it seems.....eh....bad for us. :crying:

Danneh: yeah the new system seems like we don't need to provide them with an envelop. I wanna pick mine up in person, but I can only ask them this on the interview day, next Tue!

I put my Platinum Express Envelope inside Pkt 3. But when I was at the interview they told me it was too small and was sent to the PO in Martin Place to get a bigger on. I meant to ask them if I could pick it up in person (after what happened last time) but I forgot to ask.

You can do it ether way: put it in Pkt 3 or bring one to the interview, but the Pkt 3 checklist usually stipulates to provide a 3kg Platinum envelope in the Pkt 3 you send back.

Regards

Hi

Timeline

umm but now they don't ask for any envelop in Pkt 4 'List of things to bring'. I don't think i put in an envelop in my pkt 3.

Maybe i should email them now.

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.