Guys

Is this flowchart still valid ? Its dated 2005 (6+ yrs old). Please advise

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

I-130

6/08/06 : Sent I-130

07/12/06 : CIS Cashed check and assigned a Case# to my I-130

07/17/06: Received NOA1!

I-129F

07/18/06 : Sent I-129F (New form that includes IMBRA Question)

07/26/06 : Recieved NOA1!

Guys

Is this flowchart still valid ? Its dated 2005 (6+ yrs old). Please advise

http://www.visajourn...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Pretty much. A few things have changed slightly (like being able to email the DS-3032 data instead of snail mailing the form).

I actually created an updated flowchart, also including the USCIS stage as well as the medical/interview/POE stage. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9bvTEwLyHz1aW0yTWRqa3lqYzA

Pretty much. A few things have changed slightly (like being able to email the DS-3032 data instead of snail mailing the form).

I actually created an updated flowchart, also including the USCIS stage as well as the medical/interview/POE stage. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9bvTEwLyHz1aW0yTWRqa3lqYzA

Thank you again!

I-130

I-129F

flowchart looks great however, I have couple of questiosn regarding AOS and IV Track

According to your flowchart

AOS track

nvc invoices AOS Bill

Petitioner pays AOS bill

Send in AOS Package ? (Does NVC sends petitioner AOS package to be completed by Petitioner. Petition then sends it back to NVC ? is this correct)

same questions for IV track. I am assuming NVC sends petitioner DS-230 packet. Petitioner then completes the packet and sends it to NVC

Can we send AOS package and DS 230 package at the same time ? or does AOS must be submitted before NVC can generate IV Package?

I am not clear on these two items at all. Please help

I-130

I-129F

flowchart looks great however, I have couple of questiosn regarding AOS and IV Track

AOS track

nvc invoices AOS Bill

Petitioner pays AOS bill

Send in AOS Package ? (Does NVC sends petitioner AOS package to be completed by Petitioner. Petition then sends it back to NVC ? is this correct)

same questions for IV track. I am assuming NVC sends petitioner DS-230 packet. Petitioner then completes the packet and sends it to NVC

Can we send AOS package and DS 230 package at the same time ? or does AOS must be submitted before NVC can generate IV Package?

If you wait packages from NVC it will take you longer time. Forms I-864(AOS) and DS-230 (IV) can be downloaded and filled up.

Yes you can send them at the same time. IV depends on the acceptance of DS-3032(choice of agent) and is independent of IV track.

USCIS (201 days)

07/12/2011-I-130 sent

07/15/2011-NOA1 received

02/01/2012-NOA2 receieved

NVC (20days)

03/19/2012-case received at NVC

04/03/2012-Got case #,IIN from operator

04/03/2012-Emailed DS-3032

04/04/2012-Pay AOS fee ($88)

04/05/2012-AOS fee showing its PAID

04/09/2012-Sent AOS package

04/16/2012-Received IV fee bill

04/17/2012-Paid IV bill ($230)

04/18/2012-IV fee showing its PAID;sent IV package

04/23/2012-Case complete

05/03/2012-Interview date set

06/06/2012-Interview date

AOS track

nvc invoices AOS Bill

Petitioner pays AOS bill

NVC sometimes sends package information, but don't depend on it. I never received AOS information from NVC. If you wait on NVC, you're only hurting your case and delaying it severely. You can download the I-864 form from USCIS and fill it out now. Then read the instructions on what needs to be sent with it. Or read the guides here on VJ.

The IV package is completed by the beneficiary, not the petitioner. And again, you may or may not receive the package information. You can download the DS-230 online. Read NVC's site on what needs to be sent with it and/or the guides here on VJ.

"I" forms are filled out by the petitioner

"DS" forms are filled out by the beneficiary

Yes, you can send both packages in at the same time. As long as NVC receives them, they don't care if they're separate or together. And it doesn't matter which they receive first (if sent separately).

And again, the AOS and IV are separate tracks. The IV bill is generated from acceptance of DS-3032, not from receiving the AOS package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.