beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

We did not send the letter at all. We waited and they asked for it during our interview. Everything else looks good. Movin right along :) You will be done before you know it!

Thanks Sancruz. My ds3032 was just accepted, so I'm hoping to mail the IV pkg out by Monday.

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Just mailed out the IV package. Fingers crossed now for everything to be reviewed in a timely manner and finally get this interview scheduled. Wish me luck. :dance:

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Just mailed out the IV package. Fingers crossed now for everything to be reviewed in a timely manner and finally get this interview scheduled. Wish me luck. :dance:

Happy dance!!

I mailed both packages together last Thursday; confirmed they were received yesterday. So we are almost on the same schedule now.

Where does her interview take place? And do you have any ideas about how quickly they schedule interviews there?

My last experience with our embassy was that they scheduled quickly - which in our case is bad as it means multiple (expensive summer-rate) trips to Bulgaria, as my husband wants to be there for his son's interview and the kid can't come here until the end of June/early July and one of us wants to accompany him on his first airplane flight ever. Now I found out his brother is trying AGAIN for a tourist visa (he is too old for us to immigrate him here) and we would pay for all of his expenses also. Oh well, it's just money...TOTALLY worth it in the end ... but still, quite expensive.

Fingers crossed for a speedy approval and interview soon for you guys!!

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Happy dance!!

I mailed both packages together last Thursday; confirmed they were received yesterday. So we are almost on the same schedule now.

Where does her interview take place? And do you have any ideas about how quickly they schedule interviews there?

My last experience with our embassy was that they scheduled quickly - which in our case is bad as it means multiple (expensive summer-rate) trips to Bulgaria, as my husband wants to be there for his son's interview and the kid can't come here until the end of June/early July and one of us wants to accompany him on his first airplane flight ever. Now I found out his brother is trying AGAIN for a tourist visa (he is too old for us to immigrate him here) and we would pay for all of his expenses also. Oh well, it's just money...TOTALLY worth it in the end ... but still, quite expensive.

Fingers crossed for a speedy approval and interview soon for you guys!!

Her interview will be in Barbados. Im not sure how long they take to schedule. I just hope its soon. It will be pretty pricey for us too, because although her mother was supposed to handle that part, I think its best we just go ahead and do everything ourselves. My hubby, our toddler, and myself may just make a lil family vacay out of it and go to the interview. Only thing with that, is that she would have to fly over herself to meet us there. I feel kinda bad that she would be taking her first flight ever, and will be alone, but it would just cost too much for us to go there first then all fly to barbados. She's 13 and its only an hour away, so it shouldn't be that bad. I just will have to make sure she has all her documents and everything necessary for the interview. I would hate to come so far to have her mom or someone else eff everything up.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

i JUST got an RFE for my I864 that i turned in at least 2 mnths ago LOL.. its crazy.. i messed up on the family count portion because i am immigrating 2 stepsons at the same time but didnt understand that the children should not be listed on the other's form.. :angry:

so im sending the form back today..they said they DO NO need the supporting evidence im like REALLY? that seemed like something they could have looked over but whatever..

Glad you guys are on your way.. praying for NO slip ups..and looks like we all will be ready at same time..

i was trying to slow ours down as well. BUT with the DNA testing possiblity.. i think its best for us to go ahead and get going now..

wow lucy4, yall have interviews in barbados?? aww that is a pain, but glad she is old enough to get there on her own..she will be fine!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Dancehallquana, at least something is starting to move. I got a letter from NVC on the 15th that they had not received my I864. It was paid for and mailed on 29 March and signed for received the 2 nd of April. When I called the lady said maybe they had not looked at it yet.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Her interview will be in Barbados. Im not sure how long they take to schedule. I just hope its soon. It will be pretty pricey for us too, because although her mother was supposed to handle that part, I think its best we just go ahead and do everything ourselves. My hubby, our toddler, and myself may just make a lil family vacay out of it and go to the interview. Only thing with that, is that she would have to fly over herself to meet us there. I feel kinda bad that she would be taking her first flight ever, and will be alone, but it would just cost too much for us to go there first then all fly to barbados. She's 13 and its only an hour away, so it shouldn't be that bad. I just will have to make sure she has all her documents and everything necessary for the interview. I would hate to come so far to have her mom or someone else eff everything up.

lucy4, you definitely should go to the interview if at all possible. We were originally going to let our bio mom take our step daughter too but I was worried too about things getting messed up. I was also told that they could deny the visa if the petitioner doesn't come to the interview (I think it just doesn't look good) I understand about the money issue too. This is not an easy process to go through on the emotions or the bank account. I've never gone through and counted up the total $$$ spent on fees travel etc.... I don't think I want to know!

As far as interviews go. I think they start scheduling interviews at the first of each month for the next available month. I had read they only schedule the first two weeks of the month but that is not true. They schedule until they are told the month is full so just keep checking with them.

hey ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

i JUST got an RFE for my I864 that i turned in at least 2 mnths ago LOL.. its crazy.. i messed up on the family count portion because i am immigrating 2 stepsons at the same time but didnt understand that the children should not be listed on the other's form.. :angry:

so im sending the form back today..they said they DO NO need the supporting evidence im like REALLY? that seemed like something they could have looked over but whatever..

Glad you guys are on your way.. praying for NO slip ups..and looks like we all will be ready at same time..

i was trying to slow ours down as well. BUT with the DNA testing possiblity.. i think its best for us to go ahead and get going now..

wow lucy4, yall have interviews in barbados?? aww that is a pain, but glad she is old enough to get there on her own..she will be fine!

Sorry about the RFE. At least you know they are working on it finally. Hopefully everything will move along now. Good Luck for a speedy finish!

hey ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the RFE, especially after a whole two months. I would be so angry. Hopefully they review the stuff you send back alot quicker. Im afraid for the dna test too. I am keeping my fingers crossed. We really dont need any more delays.

lucy4, you definitely should go to the interview if at all possible. We were originally going to let our bio mom take our step daughter too but I was worried too about things getting messed up. I was also told that they could deny the visa if the petitioner doesn't come to the interview (I think it just doesn't look good) I understand about the money issue too. This is not an easy process to go through on the emotions or the bank account. I've never gone through and counted up the total $$$ spent on fees travel etc.... I don't think I want to know!

As far as interviews go. I think they start scheduling interviews at the first of each month for the next available month. I had read they only schedule the first two weeks of the month but that is not true. They schedule until they are told the month is full so just keep checking with them.

Yea, thats what Im thinking... we may as well go all out. Im the petitioner, and I was thinking maybe it may lessen the chance of a dna request by a tad bit, if her dad is present too. All my documents are officially with the NVC, and everything is showing as paid, so hopefully its reviewed within the next two weeks and in a queue to be scheduled by the beginning of May.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dancehallquana, at least something is starting to move. I got a letter from NVC on the 15th that they had not received my I864. It was paid for and mailed on 29 March and signed for received the 2 nd of April. When I called the lady said maybe they had not looked at it yet.

yeah girl they are taking forever and also not very detailed.. along with my rfe for the 864 was one for the photographs i sent in with the iv package.. but i called them cuz NO WAY was i gonna wait on the mother to send another set of pics.. i told them they MUST be there somewhere, i labeled them and everything and to pls look.. a week later they said they ONLY needed th revised I864.. the iv package was complete.. ummm YES I KNOW.. LOL.. THANK GOD THOUGH..whew!!

Hi Everybody,

I enjoy reading about everybody's success this far. It gives me hope that I too will be successful soon.

My daughter is 20 and in South Africa .Our case is at NVC and I am waiting to pay the fee.

She has received the Choice of agent and we are so happy but scared beyond words because it seems Like the REAL work starts now!

I will have lots of questions I and would appreciate all the help I can get when the time comes. I am one step behind Lucy and I am so happy that I can follow her post and gain knowledge .Thanks so much everybody.

Hi Everybody,

I enjoy reading about everybody's success this far. It gives me hope that I too will be successful soon.

My daughter is 20 and in South Africa .Our case is at NVC and I am waiting to pay the fee.

She has received the Choice of agent and we are so happy but scared beyond words because it seems Like the REAL work starts now!

I will have lots of questions I and would appreciate all the help I can get when the time comes. I am one step behind Lucy and I am so happy that I can follow her post and gain knowledge .Thanks so much everybody.

Hey Momoe. So glad everything is moving along for you. Please have your daughter or yourself email the ds3032 back to nvc asap, because they take about two weeks to accept the emails, and you cant be billed for the iv package until that is accepted. I am happy to help with anything else that I can. Im glad for the company.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Hey Momoe. So glad everything is moving along for you. Please have your daughter or yourself email the ds3032 back to nvc asap, because they take about two weeks to accept the emails, and you cant be billed for the iv package until that is accepted. I am happy to help with anything else that I can. Im glad for the company.

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for that info. Can she send the template I found on here or the actual cover sheet we received from NVC or both? I just logged on and paid $88 and it shows in process but I also received an error message. SO confusing.. "pulling my hair out"

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for that info. Can she send the template I found on here or the actual cover sheet we received from NVC or both? I just logged on and paid $88 and it shows in process but I also received an error message. SO confusing.. "pulling my hair out"

The email template should be fine, but if you already have the form with her info printed, I dont think it can hurt to attach it.

Hmm... keep your eye on the payment portal for the next day or two since you got an error message. If it doesnt change to rejected, then it probably went through.

04/30/08 - POE Newark

I130 for Minor Child

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I know this question has been asked and tossed about, but, should the petitioner go to the interview for the kids. I am the USC, my husband was just going to go home and do the interview with the kids and hopefully come back with them. He has been here a year and soon to begin the adjusting process. Anyone who has gone through the process, will is it necessary to show a relationship between myself (the step mother) and the kids?

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

The email template should be fine, but if you already have the form with her info printed, I dont think it can hurt to attach it.

Hmm... keep your eye on the payment portal for the next day or two since you got an error message. If it doesnt change to rejected, then it probably went through.

Do I send the choice of agent for to the nvcinquiry@state.gov email address ? If not ,what addie should I use?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.