dwarf

EAD Application

31 posts in this topic

so she already have her EAD? how long did it take for her to get it? how about the AOS, have u beeen called for the interview yet for AOS?

Just a bit over two months once we filed the AOS. If you look at my signature, you can see our dates on everything. We did have a bit over a month wait after the wedding to have enough cash to send in the AOS. We spent a bit more on the wedding than I expected, deleting the cash supply. We're not expecting an interview for the AOS because we were transfered to the California Service Center. I hear some that are forwarded still end up with interviews, but we're hoping that is not the case for us. I wish we had gone through the interview process, we'd probably have her green card now! She keeps worrying about us getting an RFE on it. I try to tell her not to worry, if we get one we'll gather together what they need and send it. She's got the EAD and is working, so why worry so much about it? I guess my honey just likes to worry about some things. Right now, we've already been working on our evidence for the removal of conditions in a couple years. We've got her on all the bills and bank accounts now. Started saving envelops of letters that come in both our names. We've set aside a box to but things in and then we can sort it out when the time comes with hopefully an overload of evidence for them.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a bit over two months once we filed the AOS. If you look at my signature, you can see our dates on everything. We did have a bit over a month wait after the wedding to have enough cash to send in the AOS. We spent a bit more on the wedding than I expected, deleting the cash supply. We're not expecting an interview for the AOS because we were transfered to the California Service Center. I hear some that are forwarded still end up with interviews, but we're hoping that is not the case for us. I wish we had gone through the interview process, we'd probably have her green card now! She keeps worrying about us getting an RFE on it. I try to tell her not to worry, if we get one we'll gather together what they need and send it. She's got the EAD and is working, so why worry so much about it? I guess my honey just likes to worry about some things. Right now, we've already been working on our evidence for the removal of conditions in a couple years. We've got her on all the bills and bank accounts now. Started saving envelops of letters that come in both our names. We've set aside a box to but things in and then we can sort it out when the time comes with hopefully an overload of evidence for them.

thnk you for sharing. May I know why it got transferred? And what are the repercussions of it being transferred? Does it cause any delay on processing time when an application is transfered?

btw, is your wedding a civil or is it church?

thnk you for sharing. May I know why it got transferred? And what are the repercussions of it being transferred? Does it cause any delay on processing time when an application is transfered?

btw, is your wedding a civil or is it church?

The EAD and AP were as fast as any with the transfer. Word was when we filed that getting transfered would get you the green card faster because you need not wait for the interview. I think they transfered a few too many now though, since those of us that were transfered are waiting what is looking like seven months for the green card. There is no way of telling why some of us are getting transfered and some not. Our local office is known for being pretty slow though, so I get the feeling we might be on the same time schedule for the green card regardless of getting transfered or not.

We had a church wedding but not a Catholic wedding. We'll get our Catholic wedding once we get back to the Philippines.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

The EAD and AP were as fast as any with the transfer. Word was when we filed that getting transfered would get you the green card faster because you need not wait for the interview. I think they transfered a few too many now though, since those of us that were transfered are waiting what is looking like seven months for the green card. There is no way of telling why some of us are getting transfered and some not. Our local office is known for being pretty slow though, so I get the feeling we might be on the same time schedule for the green card regardless of getting transfered or not.

We had a church wedding but not a Catholic wedding. We'll get our Catholic wedding once we get back to the Philippines.

Prior to your AOS application, did she have another set of medical exams again aside from the one taken in Philippines?

How about her SSNumber, has she applied already?

Prior to your AOS application, did she have another set of medical exams again aside from the one taken in Philippines?

How about her SSNumber, has she applied already?

She had one at our clinic, but it wasn't an immigration requirement. Our clinic did require this mini-exam before they would give her the booster vaccines she needed to Adjust Status. She had never had vaccines before, and a few of the ones she got in the Philippines required a booster. Then we went to the Civil Surgeon who transcribed our paperwork. We had faxed a copy of the medical vaccine list she got in the Philippines and he recommended which needed boosters before he could sign off on the transcription.

Yes, she did apply right after we got married. You have to apply early or risk not getting one until after you get the EAD. I've heard if you're down to 30 days left on the I-94 they will not issue a SSN. We were married 5 weeks after her arrival so we applied right after that, so we had about 50 days left on the I-94. If you're not getting married soon after arrival, its best to apply about 2 weeks after arrival. There are so many things you need your SSN for in this country. It was even a pain to get her on my checking account without it, that was done her first week here. But since it was not an interest bearing account, they were able to do that. It was hard to get her on my insurance after we were married without it to. I did that literally the Monday after the wedding.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

She had one at our clinic, but it wasn't an immigration requirement. Our clinic did require this mini-exam before they would give her the booster vaccines she needed to Adjust Status. She had never had vaccines before, and a few of the ones she got in the Philippines required a booster. Then we went to the Civil Surgeon who transcribed our paperwork. We had faxed a copy of the medical vaccine list she got in the Philippines and he recommended which needed boosters before he could sign off on the transcription.

Yes, she did apply right after we got married. You have to apply early or risk not getting one until after you get the EAD. I've heard if you're down to 30 days left on the I-94 they will not issue a SSN. We were married 5 weeks after her arrival so we applied right after that, so we had about 50 days left on the I-94. If you're not getting married soon after arrival, its best to apply about 2 weeks after arrival. There are so many things you need your SSN for in this country. It was even a pain to get her on my checking account without it, that was done her first week here. But since it was not an interest bearing account, they were able to do that. It was hard to get her on my insurance after we were married without it to. I did that literally the Monday after the wedding.

oh so does it mean that you have attached an i-693 medical form? Because for us, we are not planning to include the i-693 form, coz it says there that as long as u have completed the medical and filed it within the same year then its fine not to send in the i 693 form.

I forget the medical form number we had. But we had one form that showed all the vaccinations from St Lukes, it was not signed off as it was not complete. There were booster vaccines required. The Civil Surgeon created the new forms in a sealed envelope. He had us fill out the personal information on some form, and sealed everything up, so I'm not sure what all was in there. I've heard you do not need the CS if your medical is marked as complete, ours was not so I'm not aware of how that process runs. There was a couple vaccines not given at St Lukes, which he confirmed as not medically necessary. St Lukes left it for the CS to make that final determination to. I guess St Lukes determined that to since they did not give them, but did not want to sign off on their determination either.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Upon completion of her medical, St. Lukes issued her a vaccination report which is called a DS-3025. The civil surgeon will transcribe the vaccination information from the DS-3025 onto Form I-693 and sign it. Then, the civil surgeon will seal the I-693 in an envelope. You will include the I-693 with your AOS packet.

Chinook called around and finally found a civil surgeon who knew the K-1 drill. The CS transcribed the vaccination info on Chinook's DS-3025 onto the I-693 for about $35.

Timeline

Upon completion of her medical, St. Lukes issued her a vaccination report which is called a DS-3025. The civil surgeon will transcribe the vaccination information from the DS-3025 onto Form I-693 and sign it. Then, the civil surgeon will seal the I-693 in an envelope. You will include the I-693 with your AOS packet.

Chinook called around and finally found a civil surgeon who knew the K-1 drill. The CS transcribed the vaccination info on Chinook's DS-3025 onto the I-693 for about $35.

was she still given additional vaccine shots? or where the st lukes vaccine shots enough already? So all the thing the CS will to is to transcribe it in the i-693?

was she still given additional vaccine shots? or where the st lukes vaccine shots enough already? So all the thing the CS will to is to transcribe it in the i-693?

St. Lukes gave Chinook all the shots she needed. Chinook did not need to get any more shots in the U.S. Most people who have their vaccinations done at St. Lukes won't need to get any more shots in the U.S.

The civil surgeon simply transcribed the vaccination information from the DS-3025 to the I-693.

Timeline

I forget the medical form number we had. But we had one form that showed all the vaccinations from St Lukes, it was not signed off as it was not complete. There were booster vaccines required. The Civil Surgeon created the new forms in a sealed envelope. He had us fill out the personal information on some form, and sealed everything up, so I'm not sure what all was in there. I've heard you do not need the CS if your medical is marked as complete, ours was not so I'm not aware of how that process runs. There was a couple vaccines not given at St Lukes, which he confirmed as not medically necessary. St Lukes left it for the CS to make that final determination to. I guess St Lukes determined that to since they did not give them, but did not want to sign off on their determination either.

so the process is, we go a CS first, show him the i-693 form and ask him what vaccines I need more. Then go to the clinic and have the vaccine shots and bring the result to the CS to transcribe it right? Then he does the form filling up and seals it and gives us a copy.

Can we just not go to a clinic or health center, show them the st luke's medical form/worksheet and tell them we needthe missing vaccine shots for the i-693 form requirements, that way, we dont have to go to the CS twice and pay two times?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh so does it mean that you have attached an i-693 medical form? Because for us, we are not planning to include the i-693 form, coz it says there that as long as u have completed the medical and filed it within the same year then its fine not to send in the i 693 form.

You need to read the AOS guide. Item # 11 is about the I-693

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

St. Lukes gave Chinook all the shots she needed. Chinook did not need to get any more shots in the U.S. Most people who have their vaccinations done at St. Lukes won't need to get any more shots in the U.S.

The civil surgeon simply transcribed the vaccination information from the DS-3025 to the I-693.

St Lukes gave my wife all the shots they could at the time. But a number of them required boosters after, so they did not mark the form as complete. Therefore we needed the CS.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

how about the so called booster shots?

did you also send in the ds 3025 in the AOS packet?

Timeline

just to check with you about the fee of the AOS. It will be a total of 1070 USD inclusive of the i-765(EAD) AND i-131(AP)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.