frank_jhen_01

i-864, affidavit of support HELP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

this is my parents just heloping them and im confused? please help,,,

they did a petition to my grandpa and grandama, and now they are asking for Affidavit of support, i'm using the I-864, affidavit of support, under section 213a of the act, is this the correct one if they are both sponsoring? my mom is the petitioner so i know she have to do this form but is this the right one? and my dad is co sponsoring too because my mom's income will not be enough so my dad would be filling out I-864a? is this correct

on part 3, #8? should i check yes or no?

on line 25? what do you put if you been filing joint spouse? on total income?

please help asap

SACRIFICE, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION, A NEW BREED OF ME

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

this is my parents just heloping them and im confused? please help,,,

they did a petition to my grandpa and grandama, and now they are asking for Affidavit of support, i'm using the I-864, affidavit of support, under section 213a of the act, is this the correct one if they are both sponsoring? my mom is the petitioner so i know she have to do this form but is this the right one? and my dad is co sponsoring too because my mom's income will not be enough so my dad would be filling out I-864a? is this correct

on part 3, #8? should i check yes or no?

on line 25? what do you put if you been filing joint spouse? on total income?

please help asap

If they are both sponsoring, Mom can use I-864 and include Dad's income on question 24b. Dad needs to fill out and sign I-864A.

Answer to question 8 is yes.

For 25, you need to include either (1) copies of filed 1040 and any included Schedules or attachments (W-2s, Schedule C, etc.), or (2) tax return transcripts that you can order online from the IRS. You have to send in at least 2011 tax information, but you can send in 2009 and 2010 too, especially if there's been any variation in the income and you have more income for those years than 2011. You should send in other verification of their income, such as paystubs or letters from their employers. Just list the adjusted gross income on the tax return, whether it was filed jointly or not.

You'll need one original for EACH of your grandparents of both forms, and one copy EACH of all the supporting documentation.

Edited by grrrrreat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If they are both sponsoring, Mom can use I-864 and include Dad's income on question 24b. Dad needs to fill out and sign I-864A.

Answer to question 8 is yes.

For 25, you need to include either (1) copies of filed 1040 and any included Schedules or attachments (W-2s, Schedule C, etc.), or (2) tax return transcripts that you can order online from the IRS. You have to send in at least 2011 tax information, but you can send in 2009 and 2010 too, especially if there's been any variation in the income and you have more income for those years than 2011. You should send in other verification of their income, such as paystubs or letters from their employers.

You'll need one original for EACH of your grandparents of both forms, and one copy EACH of all the supporting documentation.

for #25, the total income for 2011, so should i use both of them because they filled jointly, and where do i find this number to put on the total income for year 2011?

SACRIFICE, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION, A NEW BREED OF ME

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

for #25, the total income for 2011, so should i use both of them because they filled jointly, and where do i find this number to put on the total income for year 2011?

As long as they aren't self-employed, it should be whatever their "total income" is jointly. It's line 22 on Form 1040.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As long as they aren't self-employed, it should be whatever their "total income" is jointly. It's line 22 on Form 1040.

For self-employed it is still line 22 they look at for total income, but it is just with being self-employed, that line's income is after Schedule C and all the business deductions are applied. The more deductions they take, the lower their 'total income' will become.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.