Peter555

Should I help possibly cheating wife?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sounds like you should also consult with a lawyer in the country where your wife & child are, possibly even the US embassy there could help with advice. They might or might not accept US court decisions.

I'm not sure if the above activities of your wife would help you or not - courts have seen plenty of exes badmouth each other, but was she ever convicted for anything (child neglect, drugs, you name it)?

That's who I spoke with. I had a number for a lawyer in her country. I plan on divorcing her in her country since that is where she is at, and where we got married. Only scenario of divorcing her in the us would be if I brought her back here. Don't know how to break the news though.

Follow The Money. Put your son first but it might be best for you to consult a divorce lawyer now. What you do now might cost you some $ now but if you make a wrong move it could be really big money down the road.

What a spouse does for a living has little affect on custody and visitation. As long as she does not bring home her work a judge under normal circumstances will not hold this against her sorry to say. Being or living a part at work does not make a person a bad parent in terms of the court system.

Well that ruled out the Philippines as to where the wife is from as one person thought she was from RP.. No Divorce in the RP. Just Annulment. Good luck anyhoo... Not a good situation so my heart goes out to you and your family....

Shawn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.