aussiewench

2006 Poverty Guidelines

6 posts in this topic

A curiousity question here as have been reading posts where one doesn't need to submit 2005 tax for affidavits of support until such time as the deadline for April 15 when returns are due. USCIS and DOS appear to of not yet officially released the 2006 Poverty Guidelines yet.......but at least one US Embassy (that I know of) is effecting it March 1 and I imagine it is across the board.... Wondering will they enforce it or will one definately be given grace until after April 15.....or even have visa put on hold until one submitted 2005 if having interview prior to April 15

2006 Poverty Guidelines

Effective March 1, 2006 Here are the 2006 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia:

Size of Family Unit Poverty Guidelines 125% of Poverty Guidelines

1.....................$9,800.................$12,250

2.....................$13,200................$16,500

3.....................$16,600................$20,750

4.....................$20,000................$25,000

5.....................$23,400................$29,250

6.....................$26,800................$33,500

7.....................$30,200................$37,500

8.....................$33,600................$42,000

For family units with more than 8 members, add $3,400 for each additional member to meet the poverty guideline; $4,250 to meet 125% of the poverty guideline.

http://georgia.usembassy.gov/visaspoverty.html

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

As long as your Interview is before April 15th. You dont need to use your 2005 tax return.. They have No way of knowing you filed... You can use your 2002-2004 returns. For all they know you are waiting for other w-2's to file an ammended return for 2005.. So, there is ways around it... .If you dont want to use last years return due to lack of income.

But, your Interview has to be before May..

You are also allowed to use your spouses cash in her accounts.. And if she has a job offer in the U.S.. Just have the company write the job offer on a notarized letter stating salary and what the position offered is and the aliens qualifications for the position, and if the job is permenant. This can be added to your income to put you over the poverty guidelines. If its just a 2 family household thats only 16,500 a year... thats not even a 10 dollar an hour job.. If you work 40 hours or more every week.

The 2006 poverty guidelines starts in the Spring of this year...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I wonder.....since the poverty guidelines don't go into effect til the spring....

Would I be required to meet the new guidelines if our petition was approved before the guidlelines go into effect? If not, the new guidelines cause me to fall $128 a year short. A friggin' $128. I have savings to cover this, but sheesh... and another thing.... incomes change from year to year...do they look at that when reviewing the Affidavit of Support? My income is definately more than it was last year, but the school system doesn't give us our raises til September, hardly enough time to make a difference in income before the end of the year for income taxes. My 2004 income isnt as much as my 2005 and my 2005 wont be as much as my 2006 will be....SIGH...all this just makes my head swim...

Am I screwed...in regards to income? :(

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Sigh, this confirms that I am indeed poor :( The life of a full time college student....

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

A curiousity question here as have been reading posts where one doesn't need to submit 2005 tax for affidavits of support until such time as the deadline for April 15 when returns are due. USCIS and DOS appear to of not yet officially released the 2006 Poverty Guidelines yet.......but at least one US Embassy (that I know of) is effecting it March 1 and I imagine it is across the board.... Wondering will they enforce it or will one definately be given grace until after April 15.....or even have visa put on hold until one submitted 2005 if having interview prior to April 15

http://georgia.usembassy.gov/visaspoverty.html[/color][/url]

AW, it's an interesting question. As far as being in effect March 1, are you talking about the Georgia Embassy? It seems to me from what I can gather from reading on different embassy sites & the posts here on VJ & other places, that Embassys & Consulates have quite a bit of discretion in what they do and what they require. It does seem to me that it would not be required to have the 2005 tax documents until after the deadline of April 15th but it might depend on the mood of the CO on the day. :rolleyes:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

http://georgia.usembassy.gov/visaspoverty.html

BTW, Aussiewench, did you see they have the Panel Physicians listed on the Georgia Embassy site?

Cool! :yes:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.