dunebuggy

Green card expires in Aug but moving to US in Dec... now what???

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Buddy I don't mean to be mean but your wife needs to get back in the US and stay here as she is a resident in the US. If you go to USCIS website you will find that if USCIS finds out that your wife is in fact a resident in UAE then her green card will be revoked (That's bad). If her green card was revoked and I was for example an officer and you applied again for a second green card with the intentions of staying really in the US this time, why should I believe you and your wife that you really will stay here and fulfill her residency requirements and make the US a home? You already did abandon your green card here. Just an advice to make things clear for your wife. Get back in the US, live in the US and fullfill your residency requirements and than apply for citizenship, once she is a US citizen then she can go and live wherever you want in the world. All you are doing now is creating more problems for her.

I'm sorry if I was to honest but this is the truth and you need to know that what both of you are doing now will not be good for both of you later. Maybe you pulled it now but later you won't. The US government will know about this when they run her background checks and see that she comes to the US once a year.

I wish you luck buddy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.