London2SFrancisco

K1 CO SPONSORSHIP - NEED HELP

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HI EVERYONE

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE FOR RUNNING THIS AMAZING WEBSITE. THE VOLUME OF INFO HERE IS INCREDIBLE. I HAVE COUPLE OF QUESTIONS AND IF ANSWERED WILL MAKE MY LIFE A LOT EASIER.

MY SITUATION IS THIS: MY FIANCEE IS THE USC AND IS A FULL TIME STUDENT. SHE DOES NOT WORK SO HER MOM IS SPONSORING ME. I WILL BE FACING MY K1 INTERVIEW HERE IN LONDON.

READING THE FOLLOWING WHICH I FOUND AT @ http://london.usembassy.gov/i864.html GOT ME SERIOUSLY CONFUSED.

What about the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen who is applying for a fiancé(e) visa?

An I-864 is not required when applying for a fiancé(e) visa. An I-864 will be required at the time the fiancé(e) visa holder applies to adjust his or her status from nonimmigrant to conditional resident with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS).

THE ABOVE MEANS THAT I AM NOT REQUIRED TO CARRY I-864 FOR MY INTERVIEW. MY QUESTION IS FOR MY K1 VISA INTERVIEW WHAT SHOULD I CARRY WITH ME AS AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT? I AM HOWEVER PLANNING TO CARRY A REFERENCE LETTER FROM MY WORK STATING MY YEARLY SALARY, MY LAST COUPLE OF PAYSLIPS, MY OWN BANK STATEMENT SINCE ON DS 156, I ANSWERED MYSELF TO A QUESTION ON ITEM # 28 (THE QUESTION BEING WHO WILL PAY FOR THIS TRIP) . BESIDES, I AM NOT SURE BUT I CERTAINLY READ SOMEWHERE THAT IF THE PETITIONER(MY FIANCEE) IS NOT ABLE TO SPONSOR THE BENEFICIARY(MYSELF), THEN THIRD PARTY(MY FIANCEE'S MOTHER) CAN CO-SPONSOR. IF THIS IS CORRECT, WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO GET FROM MY FUTURE MOTHER IN LAW AND WHICH ARE THE RELEVANT FORMS THAT NEEDS TO BE FILLED BEFORE I GET TO THE INTERVIEW?

I KNOW IT IS A LOT OF QUESTIONS, BUT IF ANYONE COULD SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY QUESTIONS, IT WOULD BE REALLY REALLY VERY HELPFUL. THANKS AGAIN.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Typing in all CAPS is rude and annoying. Stop it.

You will not need an I-864, that is correct. You will need an I-134 and so will her mother who is CO-sponsoring you. You will use the I-864 when you adjust status. It does not mean you do not need an affidavit of support for the interview. You do, just not the I-864

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Try this link. london.usembassy.gov/document_checklist

It drills down further into the "Documents Required for the Interview" section.

See the very bottom paragraph ie:

"....All other applicants must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. Use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer."

Timeline

@ gary and alla: thanks for your reply, so the paperwork i mentioned (i.e reference letter from my work, my payslips, my bank statement is required or not?) if required, in addition i-134 from my fiancée's mom is sufficient for affidavit of support right? or there should be two forms one from my fiancée and one from her mom???

@ gary and alla: thanks for your reply, so the paperwork i mentioned (i.e reference letter from my work, my payslips, my bank statement is required or not?) if required, in addition i-134 from my fiancée's mom is sufficient for affidavit of support right? or there should be two forms one from my fiancée and one from her mom???

Everything you mentioned, is also required for I-134. And both your fiancee and your fiancee mom, have to fill out a separate form. So two forms, your fiancee as primary, and your fiancee mom as co-sponsor.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Nothing from you unless you have a considerable amount of cash and want to sponsor yourself. Your job and salary are in the UK and won't continue in the US so they don't count.

London wants a sponsor. They will accept an I-134 from your fiance's mother. You don't need one from the fiance if she has no income.

Try this page http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ explaining Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. @Nich-Nick: Could you please give me the full link again?

I send of a package with all the form without the ds2001 since I have not got my sponsor's paper work done yet. On the cover letter I mentioned about the forms I send and my medical appointment date. Regarding Ds2001 I wrote on the cover letter that as soon as i get my sponsor paperwork ready I will send it to them. Is it ok? could anyone give me a list what I need for affidavit of support? Note: my fiancée is a student and does not earn. Her mom is sponsoring me and she is a teacher in a school and have an annual income of $25k. Please advise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am confused. Who is the US citizen petitioner? You? Then YES you need an I-134 and all supporting documents and so does your co-sponsor. If you are the foreign beneficiary you do not need ANY proof of income or assets, they are not material in the case.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.