Shane and Lovely

Preparing Papers for Interview in Manila

29 posts in this topic

I was planning on sending my USPS EXPRESS MAIL like I did for the I-129F .... They guarantee 3-5 Day delivery. I already talked to them. Is this not advisable?

BAD BAD idea send it Fedex USP of DHL USPS will go thru Pilly post and no guarantee or really no way to track it. Nows not the time to go cheap!:thumbs:

UPS.

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No duty is paid on documents http://www.aseansec.org/14298.htm

Maybe 7 weeks for snail mail but carriers like FedEx UPS or DHL can get it there much faster, Only took my docs 3 day "quickly and smoothly" Overnight can be quicker but at premium cost.

I know that there's no duty on documents.

The point was that if the scanner "hits" due to metal objects inside the package, that the package could then be opened because they may think that there's a cell phone or jewelry or other such items inside. And those kinds of items ARE subject to duty fees.

And yes, I'm already planning on sending my important paperwork via FedEx. My fiancee sent me some paperwork via FedEx and it got here in 3 business days.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

7 WEEKS??? If you don't mind me asking ... what kind of stuff did you send?

A baseball cap for the boy and a couple small items for my fiancee. USPS got the package to the RP in 2 weeks. The remaining 5 weeks was due to the slow mail service in-country. That was the first and last time I'll send anything via snail mail there.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

BAD BAD idea send it Fedex USP of DHL USPS will go thru Pilly post and no guarantee or really no way to track it. Nows not the time to go cheap!:thumbs:

UPS.

ok .... thanks :)

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-13

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-02

NVC Received : 2012-04-06

NVC Left : 2012-04-17

Interview Date : 2012-05-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-05-18

US Entry : 2012-06-01

Marriage : 2012-06-08

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

I know that there's no duty on documents.

The point was that if the scanner "hits" due to metal objects inside the package, that the package could then be opened because they may think that there's a cell phone or jewelry or other such items inside. And those kinds of items ARE subject to duty fees.

And yes, I'm already planning on sending my important paperwork via FedEx. My fiancee sent me some paperwork via FedEx and it got here in 3 business days.

Would you send a cell phone or jewelry or other such items with out insuring it?

Timeline

Would you send a cell phone or jewelry or other such items with out insuring it?

Oh good grief. I'm not sending anything other than paperwork. The point is about how the inspectors at the other end might act if there were a bunch of large binder clips in the package which set off the scanner.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Very nice and well-organized! :thumbs:

I also agree with the previous comment...send it via FedEx or UPS. You will pay more, but it is worth your piece of mind.

Good luck with your interview! Keep us posted!

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Oh good grief. I'm not sending anything other than paperwork. The point is about how the inspectors at the other end might act if there were a bunch of large binder clips in the package which set off the scanner.

Oh good grief,

I'm not talking about anything other then paperwork, as well. Your the one who brought up this ridicules idealize notion of how this so called "metal scanner" works.

How many items sent day in and day out that have metal, or objects that sets off this so called "metal scanner" "inside the package, that the package could then be opened because they may think that there's a cell phone or jewelry or other such items inside that have dutiable value of more then $500.. If that was the case customs would be so backed up laxative would be of no use, and nothing would every make it's destinations in a timely matter, or at all. This metal scanner you talk of does not work in way you think it does.

The primary clearing of most informal entry items thru customs is manifested by the carrier, and never given a second look, mail for personal use will be cleared on "Informal Entry" yes some suspect items are run thru x-ray ( not a metal scanner) it's much faster and safer to analyze contraband.

Sorry but your Idea of this catchall metal scanner thing is rubbish!

I was planning on sending my USPS EXPRESS MAIL like I did for the I-129F .... They guarantee 3-5 Day delivery. I already talked to them. Is this not advisable?

don't use the Mail to send important papers. It is handed of the the Philippine post office. After that it's 50/50%

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a question. I wanted to know if it's ok to prepare my fiancee's package like I did the I-129F. I am a little bit crazy when it comes to organization and I two hole drilled, fastened and quick access tabbed my 129F. Since I have to send her my copy for reference and send originals to her I am going ahead and preparing the documents she needs as well. I was going to use the same format with dividers and easy access tabs. Will the embassy be okay with this? I am making 3 copies of the packet I'm sending her one for me, one for her and one for the embassy. Also sending a separate pack with all the originals together. Thanks for all your help.

Shane

I am attaching a photo of my I129F packet just to show what I'm doing.

Just remember the embassy will take all those forms to put them in THEIR folder, so being fastened in your folder is not beneficial for easy access. There is only a slot in the window as the embassy to slide papers through they will not want the folder, they will ask the forms or documents be removed and passed through to them.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Oh good grief,

I'm not talking about anything other then paperwork, as well. Your the one who brought up this ridicules idealize notion of how this so called "metal scanner" works.

How many items sent day in and day out that have metal, or objects that sets off this so called "metal scanner" "inside the package, that the package could then be opened because they may think that there's a cell phone or jewelry or other such items inside that have dutiable value of more then $500.. If that was the case customs would be so backed up laxative would be of no use, and nothing would every make it's destinations in a timely matter, or at all. This metal scanner you talk of does not work in way you think it does.

The primary clearing of most informal entry items thru customs is manifested by the carrier, and never given a second look, mail for personal use will be cleared on "Informal Entry" yes some suspect items are run thru x-ray ( not a metal scanner) it's much faster and safer to analyze contraband.

Sorry but your Idea of this catchall metal scanner thing is rubbish!

Well golly gee wilikers, I guess everything I read here on VJ about people sending stuff along inside their K1 packages and having them opened was wrong. Bummer.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Ok I took everyone's advice and prepared the package where it can be disassembled easily... Thought you would all like to see my job well done :)

post-120243-0-25813600-1334592235_thumb.jpg

post-120243-0-28648600-1334592251_thumb.jpg

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Hello everyone. I have a question. I wanted to know if it's ok to prepare my fiancee's package like I did the I-129F. I am a little bit crazy when it comes to organization and I two hole drilled, fastened and quick access tabbed my 129F. Since I have to send her my copy for reference and send originals to her I am going ahead and preparing the documents she needs as well. I was going to use the same format with dividers and easy access tabs. Will the embassy be okay with this? I am making 3 copies of the packet I'm sending her one for me, one for her and one for the embassy. Also sending a separate pack with all the originals together. Thanks for all your help.

Shane

I am attaching a photo of my I129F packet just to show what I'm doing.

I did the same thing for my wife's interview and had the original documents also in case the interviewing officer asked for them. When he saw how everything was organnized, he flipped through to a couple of pages then just chatted with us for a few minutes. It all went very smoothly.

I do agree with not depending on then post office. Importnat documents were sent via Fed Ex.

Edited by rjp44

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Timeline

I did the same thing for my wife's interview and had the original documents also in case the interviewing officer asked for them. When he saw how everything was organnized, he flipped through to a couple of pages then just chatted with us for a few minutes. It all went very smoothly.

I do agree with not depending on then post office. Importnat documents were sent via Fed Ex.

Thank you, this is what I was hoping to hear. Unfortunately, I will not be able to be there for the interview. I am moving us into a new home closer to my work so that our time together well be better quality (less time driving and more time together ) and preparing everything for her arrival. I wanted to make the interview go as streamline for her as possible. (plus I'm a little OCD when it comes to organizing) I am just trying to make it easy for her and the interviewer so that she can be in and out smiling and not so nervous. As for shipping, after all the comments and talking to Love, I decided to send it DHL since it's the biggest shipping company there. All documents were shipped out an hour ago with expected arrival of Thursday this week.

Again thank you all for the advice. I really do appreciate it.

Shane and Lovely <3

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.