Shane and Lovely

Preparing Papers for Interview in Manila

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a question. I wanted to know if it's ok to prepare my fiancee's package like I did the I-129F. I am a little bit crazy when it comes to organization and I two hole drilled, fastened and quick access tabbed my 129F. Since I have to send her my copy for reference and send originals to her I am going ahead and preparing the documents she needs as well. I was going to use the same format with dividers and easy access tabs. Will the embassy be okay with this? I am making 3 copies of the packet I'm sending her one for me, one for her and one for the embassy. Also sending a separate pack with all the originals together. Thanks for all your help.

Shane

I am attaching a photo of my I129F packet just to show what I'm doing.

post-120243-0-28227400-1334432238_thumb.jpg

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-13

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-02

NVC Received : 2012-04-06

NVC Left : 2012-04-17

Interview Date : 2012-05-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-05-18

US Entry : 2012-06-01

Marriage : 2012-06-08

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Nothing wrong with organization, the cover letter is fine with-out tabs. After all that's what a cover letter is for.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Nothing wrong with organization, the cover letter is fine with-out tabs. After all that's what a cover letter is for.

I guess my question was misunderstood. I have already done this for the I-129F. I would like to know if it's ok if I use the same organization for my fiancee's interview forms and information? Is it ok if I two hole drill the I-156, I -156k, I 157 and my I 134?

Edited by Shane and Lovely

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Hello everyone. I have a question. I wanted to know if it's ok to prepare my fiancee's package like I did the I-129F. I am a little bit crazy when it comes to organization and I two hole drilled, fastened and quick access tabbed my 129F. Since I have to send her my copy for reference and send originals to her I am going ahead and preparing the documents she needs as well. I was going to use the same format with dividers and easy access tabs. Will the embassy be okay with this? I am making 3 copies of the packet I'm sending her one for me, one for her and one for the embassy. Also sending a separate pack with all the originals together. Thanks for all your help.

Shane

OMG I so need you to work for me LO L :)

Shane

On a more serious note. I doubt anyone here can say for sure so any answer will be a guess. My guess is that she would not get turned down for it, but I am guessing they scan or keep those forms, she would have to unbind them. Might be a little less cumbersome to send them in not fastened or two hole drilled or whatever that procedure is., I do admire super organized people of which I am not.

Timeline

OMG I so need you to work for me LO L :)

hehehehe, I actually like doing this kind of stuff. :)

On a more serious note. I doubt anyone here can say for sure so any answer will be a guess. My guess is that she would not get turned down for it, but I am guessing they scan or keep those forms, she would have to unbind them. Might be a little less cumbersome to send them in not fastened or two hole drilled or whatever that procedure is., I do admire super organized people of which I am not.

Well, since I am sending her two copies of everything, I will send one drilled and on with a jumbo bull clamp. They can choose the one they want and she can retain the other for her records :)

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Timeline

I'm sending everything in subdivided manila envelopes. After all, it's going to the Philippines! :rofl:

Seriously though, I'm labeling each envelope and putting the papers inside the envelopes loosely. That way, SHE can organize them however SHE wants. :P

I understand that the package will be scanned upon entry to the country. If it's full of metal stuff like clips and binders, then there's a chance it could be opened and that's a risk I'd like to avoid. Don't want my original stuff scattered on some customs desk while they pick through it and end up maybe losing stuff.

YMMV.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

I'm sending everything in subdivided manila envelopes. After all, it's going to the Philippines! :rofl:

Seriously though, I'm labeling each envelope and putting the papers inside the envelopes loosely. That way, SHE can organize them however SHE wants. :P

I understand that the package will be scanned upon entry to the country. If it's full of metal stuff like clips and binders, then there's a chance it could be opened and that's a risk I'd like to avoid. Don't want my original stuff scattered on some customs desk while they pick through it and end up maybe losing stuff.

YMMV.

You know I hadn't even thought about going through the scanners..... Do you truly feel they will open it for metal fasteners on the packets? Even when the box is labeled that it contains immigration documents and pictures?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Timeline

You know I hadn't even thought about going through the scanners..... Do you truly feel they will open it for metal fasteners on the packets? Even when the box is labeled that it contains immigration documents and pictures?

I dunno if they'd open it for small clasps like on the manila envelopes, but I have heard that if they get a big hit from metal stuff that they open it, looking for valuables that need to go through customs. And maybe need duty paid on them. Of course, all of that could cause impoundment delays too.

When I mailed stuff to my fiancee, it took 7 weeks for her to receive the package. I want everything to get there quickly and smoothly, so I'm doing what I can to expedite that from this end.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

I dunno if they'd open it for small clasps like on the manila envelopes, but I have heard that if they get a big hit from metal stuff that they open it, looking for valuables that need to go through customs. And maybe need duty paid on them. Of course, all of that could cause impoundment delays too.

When I mailed stuff to my fiancee, it took 7 weeks for her to receive the package. I want everything to get there quickly and smoothly, so I'm doing what I can to expedite that from this end.

7 WEEKS??? If you don't mind me asking ... what kind of stuff did you send?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Don't worrier about "scanners" many of us has sent doc with out any problems including my self, never had any docs opened, and yes I used the two hole prong fasteners. The two hole 'prong fastener' is the preferred method by the USCIS and USEM. Keep in mind when your SO go's for her interview the pre-screener will ask for certain documents, not every thing you send will be asked for. One more thing to keep in mind is the window (USEM) to submit the doc's is 12"W x 1" H curved at the bottom no binders or items thicker then 1" will fit ! Last thing you need is for your SO to do is fumble around with paper work.

Edited by sjr09

Many of us know what works and doesn’t work, Were not guessing :whistle:

Timeline

Don't worrier about "scanners" many of us has sent doc with out any problems including my self, never had any docs opened, and yes I used the two hole prong fasteners. The two hole 'prong fastener' is the preferred method by the USCIS and USEM. Keep in mind when your SO go's for her interview the pre-screener will ask for certain documents, not every thing you send will be asked for. One more thing to keep in mind is the window (USEM) to submit the doc's is 12"W x 1" H curved at the bottom no binders or items thicker then 1" will fit ! Last thing you need is for your SO to do is fumble around with paper work.

Thank you SOOOO much.... I was worried about my I-129F I have to send. I will do both a clasp version and a jumbo clamp version so she can disassemble at will.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

No duty is paid on documents http://www.aseansec.org/14298.htm

Maybe 7 weeks for snail mail but carriers like FedEx UPS or DHL can get it there much faster, Only took my docs 3 day "quickly and smoothly" Overnight can be quicker but at premium cost.

Timeline

No duty is paid on documents http://www.aseansec.org/14298.htm

Maybe 7 weeks for snail mail but carriers like FedEx UPS or DHL can get it there much faster, Only took my docs 3 day "quickly and smoothly" Overnight can be quicker but at premium cost.

I was planning on sending my USPS EXPRESS MAIL like I did for the I-129F .... They guarantee 3-5 Day delivery. I already talked to them. Is this not advisable?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.