Florianns Man

CFO Seminar

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All Vj's,

I would appreciate if someone can help me shed the light on my case. I came to US through K1 Visa, got married and got my permanent residency status. Here's the situation: I plan to go home and i dont have worries to enter US as a permanent resident, however I never went through CFO seminar since I got my visa in other country. I worked outside Philippines which they don’t need CFO and CFO sticker in my passport before my flight ( I even called the Philippines Embassy at that time to make sure I am in the right track if they can have any means to provide any CFO for overseas resident, but they told me they don’t have and CFO is not needed in US embassy as this all about Philippine requirements and I never go through Philippine Embassy at that time before my departure.

Now, since I don’t have CFO do I need to go through this process before my flight back to US? Also I didn’t submit yet and report my marriage to Philippine Embassy here in the US, ( its my fault -I don’t have time to do at that time) for sure if CFO requirements need a certificate for Cenmar or Cenomar then I am sure I can get a Cenomar not Cenmar and my passport still in my single name ( I don’t think its an issue having your passport not change yet to marriage name) since I just renewed it before my flight to US. I am a bit clueless what necessary steps should I tackle now to avoid any trouble at the Philippine Immigration before my departure.

Any info is highly appreciated especially to those who went through the same situation. Thanks in advance.:-)

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Having your green card should trump the need for a CFO sticker, there are lots of Fil-Am citizens/residents that exit the Philippines with the Philippine passport, using the GC and state issued ID.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Having your green card should trump the need for a CFO sticker, there are lots of Fil-Am citizens/residents that exit the Philippines with the Philippine passport, using the GC and state issued ID.

You Exactly right! You got a Green card No worrys about CFO!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You Exactly right! You got a Green card No worrys about CFO!

OMG! He's alive!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG! He's alive!

Ha Ha, may not be online as much as I want to but im here bud, ha ha ha!:rofl: :rofl:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My advice is if you have a US passport, you will not need the sticker. But with a Filipinas (Philippine) passport, you need the CFO sticker. According to Philippine law, it is required of both married and unmarried plus children which are natural born Filipinos living outside the Filipinas who are married or step-children to a non-Filipino.

The CFO is not required of the US Embassy or for entry into the USA.

The CFO is the law of the Philippines which is where your passport is from. The CFO will be required for leaving the Filipinas. You are still a resident of the Philippines and must follow those laws. The CFO is inexpensive, but is meant to help and protect the Filipino citizens living abroad. You have Green card status in the USA to live in the US and follow the laws of the USA. But you must also follow the laws (plus requirements) of the country where your passport is issued from.

For example, if my spouse was working, I would be filing income taxes for in the USA, plus filing her required tax information back in the philippines. As long as my wife has a passport from Filipinas, She is considered a resident of Filipinas, and must also follow the requirements there while living abroad somewhere else Until my spouse is a Us Citizen, she needs to follow the laws of her passport issuing country, plus by having a green card and living with me, she also agrees to abide by the laws of that country as well.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Hi All Vj's,

I would appreciate if someone can help me shed the light on my case. I came to US through K1 Visa, got married and got my permanent residency status. Here's the situation: I plan to go home and i dont have worries to enter US as a permanent resident, however I never went through CFO seminar since I got my visa in other country. I worked outside Philippines which they don’t need CFO and CFO sticker in my passport before my flight ( I even called the Philippines Embassy at that time to make sure I am in the right track if they can have any means to provide any CFO for overseas resident, but they told me they don’t have and CFO is not needed in US embassy as this all about Philippine requirements and I never go through Philippine Embassy at that time before my departure.

Now, since I don’t have CFO do I need to go through this process before my flight back to US? Also I didn’t submit yet and report my marriage to Philippine Embassy here in the US, ( its my fault -I don’t have time to do at that time) for sure if CFO requirements need a certificate for Cenmar or Cenomar then I am sure I can get a Cenomar not Cenmar and my passport still in my single name ( I don’t think its an issue having your passport not change yet to marriage name) since I just renewed it before my flight to US. I am a bit clueless what necessary steps should I tackle now to avoid any trouble at the Philippine Immigration before my departure.

Any info is highly appreciated especially to those who went through the same situation. Thanks in advance.:-)

if your passport is in your maiden name make sure to bring a copy of your marriage certificate when you travel to the Philippines. as far as CFO, I found this on it's website under FAQ. The following are exempt from attending the counseling program:

* Filipino spouses and other partners previously granted permanent residence status in the country of destination; or>

* Filipino spouses and other partners with permanent residence visa issued abroad.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1301:registration-and-pre-departure-services&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

as far as the sticker, perhaps someone will chime in who has had experince with this situation.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I stand corrected, as long as she has her wedding certificate and green card.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.

I would like to ask and update about this topic because Immgoing through the same thing right now. Do i need that CFO before coming back to the US? I have my greencard though. Thanks.

CFO is for those immigrating from the Philippines, being you already have your green card you are for sure not immigrating.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 months later...

I hope this post is still active. I have the same situation. I inquired regarding the CFO by email. They told me that I don't need to attend the CFO seminar but I have to register and pay the Php 400 and be there 2hours before the registration starts. Is this really true? I don't mind paying it but I don't want to waste half or one day (knowing the Philippine System) especially we're planning to have a short vacation only. But if it is really required I guess I have to do it. Hope somebody could enlighten me about this.

Immigration Guide Based on my Personal Experience: https://www.facebook.com/ahappyeverafterjourney

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope this post is still active. I have the same situation. I inquired regarding the CFO by email. They told me that I don't need to attend the CFO seminar but I have to register and pay the Php 400 and be there 2hours before the registration starts. Is this really true? I don't mind paying it but I don't want to waste half or one day (knowing the Philippine System) especially we're planning to have a short vacation only. But if it is really required I guess I have to do it. Hope somebody could enlighten me about this.

If you have your green card already you are not an exiting immigrant. I have read of others on here that travel to the Phils and have their green card but no CFO and they had no issues, just need to show your green card at the airport.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.